1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New forum software (v3.7.0) - comments, questions & problems

Discussion in 'Technical' started by John Stone, May 14, 2008.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

It's under the "Statistics" tab.

2. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

It's no longer in the "User Profile", it's in the drop down box when you click on someones username. :tu:

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Wrong, see above.

4. bigmex44

bigmex44 Active Member

It seems like it is a lot better and acting like it is supposed to. IF I read a thread and go back (after about 20 secs) and click on "New Posts", I get what I want. However, if I go to search and try 2 searches within 10 seconds, it gives me the error message I expected.

5. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Oh, it's there too. :D But it is also in the drop down when you click on someones name.

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

You said it wasn't in the user's profile anymore, I was only correcting so there's no confusion.

Actually it's always been on the name dropdown.

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Can you please tell me what fixed it for you? Was it the TEST skin? What happens if you switch to the other skins?

8. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I found the recent posts from the profile, thanks John.

This test one is working well for me.

I thought the problem might have been from switching tabs, but even that seems to be working. Oddly, it does not always give me the 10 second warning, even if I don't wait.

9. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I switched back to default and it gave me a 10 second warning, even though I hadn't searched since at least a minute prior.

10. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I don't know if I described properly that AFTER the first 10 second warning, then it will show me new posts without a problem, but it always (or maybe almost always) gives me that 10 second warning to start.

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

OK, good info.

Have you tried the other two skins (OLD SCHOOL NEW BEAT and PLAIN)?

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

That happens when your last search is still cached on the server and nothing has changed that would produce different results.

13. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

First, things look great and fast. So thanks for the effort and the financial outlay for the servers :tu:

I think I'm seeing something minor. In the new Friends functionality and I think the views of profile, I'm not getting email notifications like I would be led to believe I should in the settings.

Not that I really need them, but I have checks in the boxes that I should receive them that I assume was the default as these features was just added. PM have always sent notifications, although I don't think I've received one since the upgrade.

(Also, I checked my junk folder and nothing is in there.)

14. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thank you for the finanacial outlay for the servers. :)

Views of profiles, afaik, will not generate an email. But when someone asks to be your friend you should get an email (default setting). I know this functionality is working because I've received all of my notices, and so have others I've talked to. Also, looking at the mail log file, they are flying out the door. :lol:

About all I can suggest is that you double check your email address, spam settings and CP settings. Let me know if you still can't get it working.

15. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Oops, I saw the "visitor" email option, not profiles. Sorry. My bad. :o

I am not getting these at all, but the PMs have always worked just fine through spam filters. I'm using my old hotmail account and there is nothing in the filtered mail. It is turned on in CP (which is why I started questioning it). :confused:

If it's just me, I wouldn't worry too much. But it's kind of odd.

EDIT: I just clicked the option off, saved, then clicked it back on and resaved. If anybody tries to friend me I'll let you know if that fixed it. Doubt it, but you never know.

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

OK, I just "broke" our friendship and then asked you to be my friend again to see if the email would be triggered. It was, and here are the log file entries that proves hotmail accepted the email from this server:

Code:
    May 15 15:41:23 iron postfix/pickup[9936]: 1C00C190574: uid=33 from=<www-data>
    May 15 15:41:23 iron postfix/cleanup[10669]: 1C00C190574: message-id=<[EMAIL="20080515194123.69d3d0809902@forums.johnstonefitness.com"]20080515194123.69d3d0809902@forums.johnstonefitness.com[/EMAIL]>
    May 15 15:41:23 iron postfix/qmgr[3504]: 1C00C190574: from=<[EMAIL="www-data@iron.johnstonefitness.com"]www-data@iron.johnstonefitness.com[/EMAIL]>, size=821, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    May 15 15:41:23 iron postfix/smtp[10671]: 1C00C190574: to=<[EMAIL="andysexton@hotmail.com"]andysexton@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]>, relay=mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.244.40]:25, delay=0.56, delays=0.01/0/0.24/0.31, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250  <[EMAIL="20080515194123.69d3d0809902@forums.johnstonefitness.com"]20080515194123.69d3d0809902@forums.johnstonefitness.com[/EMAIL]> Queued mail for delivery)
    Sorry, but the problem has to be on that end.

17. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Probably hotmail's fault, but they are not showing up in the filtered mail folder as of earlier today. I'll check when I get home and can get into their web interface.

Thanks again for checking.

18. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

I might not explain this well. I wanted to see past post of an individual. When I clicked his name in a message he had end clicked on find more post by blank, it send me to a page with a vbulletin message which said This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 9 seconds.

Anytime I use it from a message that they sent I get the same message even if I come back 5 minutes from then. with a different person I get same message.

But if I go to public profile and statistics I get their previous post right away. I am in old school I think.

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

This has been reported a few times now. I'm waiting on feedback from the other two users.

What I need people who are experiencing this problem to do is switch to the "Plain" skin (using the style selector dropdown box at the very bottom left-hand side of this forum, just below the time). See if the problem persists while using that skin. You can switch back to your preferred skin once you are done testing.

20. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yes, that's how it was for me too.

I've been using plain for the last several hours and haven't gotten problems yet.