1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New Baby and dieting?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Sogy, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Sogy

Sogy Active Member

Well folks I am doing great on my diet. Stripping away tons of body fat and gaining muslce(a bit). I am expecting a new born in mid January, and want to know if anyone one here has gone throught the "first 3 months" while dieting and training? I hear I will be not sleeping. This worries me a bit. How do you navigate through this storm? My wife does plan on breast feeding, but that will not save me from being up with her.....

Do not get me wrong....I CANNOT wait to have the new little one, and will do anything for their well being. Just any advice is appreciated.

2. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Maybe I'm just insensitive or something, but if you don't have breasts (or are trying to get rid of them) how is it that you will participate in breast feeding? Maybe since she's the only one with feedbags, you can trade the midnight feedings for some other chores throughout the day?

Just seems silly for everyone to get up in the middle of the night just so you can supervise her feeding.

3. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Usually, you'll wake up from the crying. You'll get more sleep than your wife, but still not much. My husband woke up for almost all of the feedings, but he didn't stay awake for as long as I had to. Sometimes, they'll wake in the middle of the night crying, but not hungry, and I was very happy to have him willingly rock her and sing her back to sleep. :love:

4. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

Yeah, the crying will wake you up. Our procedure would be that I would get up and bring the baby to the bed so my wife could feed. Then I could fall back asleep.

You will be exhausted. Morning workouts may be put on the back burner for awhile. You'll need to use that time for extra sleep. Depending on what your schedules are, try to make the most out of the weekends to get some work outs in. Also, every baby is different, yours might srart sleeping from like midnight to 5 am in about a months time. It's been known to happen.

Just rememeber, no matter how tired you feel, your wife has it ten times worse.

We have baby # 3 coming in February so I'll be in the same boat as you soon enough.