1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New article: Power PRs vs KOMs: all that glitters is not gold; New FTP established.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling, Mountain Biking & Cyclocross' started by John Stone, Nov 20, 2014.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

2. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

John, I have a Strava question although it is running-related rather than cycling. I am doing a running program where I am building up to running a 5K, and at the moment I am doing run/walk intervals. Strava's overall average speed is not of much interest to me as the amount of running/walking varies each session, but what would be interesting would be my average speed for the run intervals.

Do you know if there is a way to pull out this sort of data? I would imagine some sort of tool would be needed to demarcate the sections you want the data for from the rest of the session.

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Could you use your fitness recording device to create splits?

Also, on Strava if you click on the "Analysis" tab you can use your mouse to select a portion of the activity. The stats will update in real time to show the stats only for the selected portion of the activity.

4. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

I use the Strava app, I don't think that has that function.

I can see on the analysis tab that I can mouseover and see the stats for that particular moment on the curve - are you saying that you can click on the graph and see the stats for a particular sub-section? I don't seem able to do that.

5. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Yah, using the desktop browser version of the site (not sure on mobile) you should be able to click and drag anywhere on the elevation graph or the HR/speed/etc graphs to select a section. Once a section is selected you can even adjust the size of the selection by "grabbing" the left or right side and dragging it in or out.