1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need your advice: bulking with bodyweight exercises/good idea?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Nuts, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Nuts

Nuts Active Member

Hi!

I worked out regularly during my time at university for over 5 years. After a break of three years without any training at all (started a job), i am eager to get back to lifting. My main goal is adding lean mass without packing on too much fat. Current bw is 154lbs @11,5%, (Jackson/Pollock 3-fold caliper measurement). 30yrs old. The heaviest i have ever been was 176 lbs back in the days. I would love to do squats, bench, deads etc., yet i would have to sign up at a local gym which is quite expensive (>400$ for 4 Months).

Soo, my question is: Is it possible to do a successful bulking routine with bodyweight exercises and no equipment at all? I have no dip bars, chinup bars or anything available in my vicinity. Everything i could do at home is dips between chairs, planking, situps and pushups.

I am highly motivated to transform my body. I have nutrition and tracking pretty much figured out. However, i fear wasting my time by just doing bodyweight exercises. Dont wanna neglect my back and legs.

So, what do you think?

My goal is gaining 20lbs of lean mass till EoY.

regards,
    nuts

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

There are some bodyweight programs out there. I think one is called convict fitness or something like that. I used to see it recommended on another board frequently.

A other option is the TRX system. You may find a cheap set on Craigslist or eBay. I made my own with straps that I had. It probably would have cost $25 to buy the stuff at home Depot. Is interested Google Scooby fitness Scooby straps.