1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

need to look the best I can in 9 months time

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by mmace, Oct 11, 2004.

1. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I get married in 9 months and I want to look the best I can for the day (and on the beach during the honeymoon!)
    I'm 6ft and weigh 17.5st/245lbs (it's not ALL fat). To give you an idea of how much is fat, I look really ill when I'm 14.5st/203lbs cos there's no fat on me, I have 16.5" arms (flexed) but a 42" waist.
    I wanna lose the fat as well as bulking up a bit. (I would ideally like to be 14-15st/196-210lbs and more muscle than I do now)
    I will be going to the gym for up to an hour (no longer) five times a week. I have also changed my diet to be as healthy as I can be.
    What I am after is a weights routine that I can do 3 times a week and also how you think it should change over the next 9 months - I train at a gym so have access to dumbells, machines etc (and I will be training at a time when it's fairly empty)
    I happy doing my HIIT cardio twice a week

I don't expect any quick fixes and I know this is going to take a lot of time

Any quick responses would be good as I am going to the gym for my first weights session at 3 this afternoon (GMT so around 9AM Eastern US time)

any reply would be very much appreciated

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

alrite dude.

9months...peice of piss.... do weights monday-wednesday-friday and cardio on the off days (this is assuming you dont have extra time for cardio outside of the gym).

get your diet in check and start eating really clean. cut right down on booze for a while, and work out your calorie deficit (read the sticky threads on how many calories you need)

i have been training just under 12months now, and i went from a CHUBBY 12.5stone to 11stone....to 13stone now at 10% bodyfat, with loads of muscle.

you can do it no worries... as long as your dedicated enough and stick to it. (and dont give up like 99% of the population and then bitch about it afterwards)

good luck bud!

3. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

cheers m8, I was after some sort of routine for the weight days if anyone could help

4. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

beaver wrapped it up nicely!
    keep learning, thats the best advise i can give you, get "into" fitness, read articles, constantly improve your diet, and dont give up, just because you make a mistake, or have a minor set back, dont let it be an excuse to give up!
    few things to set you on your way...

-diet is everything!
    -dont overdo cardio and under-eat
    -try to incorperate vegetables with as many meals as possible (the more the better)
    -dont forget about fruits, they are very important in weight loss
    -processed = bad, stay away from all those processed breads, meats and foods (that includes deli cuts and most canned food)
    -take care of pre and post workout nutrition, carbs are more important after a workout than protein, so dont just have a protein shake!
    -oats for breakfast + protein (must have oats though, no questions!)
    -aim for 1-2lbs a week loss

5. Frenchie

Frenchie Well-Known Member

I've tried to split my routine like this:

Monday: Biceps, Back
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Chest and Triceps
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Shoulders and Abs
    Saturday: Cardio
    Sunday: Legs

Lift at least 3 times a week and include some cardio.

Good Luck

6. FireForEffect

FireForEffect Well-Known Member

You have 9 months? One word:
    Swolecat.

7. Klownpoet

Klownpoet Well-Known Member

8. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

9 months is gobs of time. It's nice to see people take a realistic approach instead of the occasional "I have 30 lbs to lose and 6 days. Can I do it?"-posts. Goodluck - your honeymoon will be much better if you can reward yourself after months of work.

9. Adam and Jess

Adam and Jess Well-Known Member

Good Deal! :tu: Good to see you have a plan going!

I'm kinda in the same position minus the wedding but adding a spring break trip to South Padre Island! gotta have that buffed up bod! 255 lbs, like to drop down to 200, all that by March 14... doable? sorry to Hijack your thread! :D

Adam

10. lostmind

lostmind Well-Known Member

mmace - I am in the exact same position. I get married in June next year. I have been trying to get in shape for the past 3 months or so. Congrats on the weeding. I feel 9 months is plenty of time to get in shape.

11. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

Do you mean deli cuts as in packs of ham and turkey and so forth? Or deli cuts as in an actual grocery deli?

12. Filthysock

Filthysock Well-Known Member

I agree here..
    You are probably spending $$$ on the wedding, another couple of hundred bucks to get the best plan tailored to YOU would be ideal i think.
    Just check out the swolegenix rollcall thread to find the people on the program.
    (I should really get on board but i'm still tight on monies, damn exchange rate )

13. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

swolecat? swolegenix?

you've lost me guys

but if it costs then it'll be a no-no, money's tight and we're having to do the wedding as cheap as pos (2 of my friends are photographers, another mate is a DJ, my brother works where we're having the reception and my mother works for a travel agent so we're getting a few things cheap)

thanks for all the positive replies, it's gonna be a long 9 months I think (especially with Christmas/Birthday in the middle!) - am now on day 3, eating well & often and I ache like mad, isn't it great?! (I know it'll get easier once I'm in a routine)

14. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

ok, if anyone's interested, I just finished week 1, trained 5 times (3 cardio, 2 weights), I'm eating 5 times a day

lost 2lbs