1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Serious Answer!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by ErikTheRed, May 3, 2005.

1. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Ok guy all here is the deal.

I am graduating college in two weeks. I haven't done much partying/unhealthy eating because I've been cutting. Is there a way for me to do pizza and junk a couple times a week until I graduate without gaining fat/loosing muslce.

Say I still get 180 g's of protein, still go to the gym but up my cardio to an hour 7 days a week. Will that allow me to eat a few slices of pizza and not gain (other than obvious water weight)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS I know eating healthy is a lifestyle and I have been living that lifestyle for a lmost a year and will most definitley get back into after graduation)

2. don_1987

don_1987 Well-Known Member

First of all, just because you're consuming 180 grams of protein doesn't mean you can preserve muscle and/or lose fat or even stay the same... I bet you know that in order to do that, you need to exercise and diet accordingly, right?
    Secondly, to answer your question, I cannot guarantee you that you will not lose muscle and/or gain fat, but as long as you keep eating healthy (with and extra slice here and there), keep on exercising I bet the damage will be kept to a minimum and hardly noticable...
    I don't know about your body but my body can stand up to 3 months of poor eating (according to me...) and then the noticable changes will happen. If it's only for 2 weeks or a month, I'm sure the changes will be neglicable :nod:

3. vovo

vovo Well-Known Member

party party party,

this is something that does not happen often for most it only happens once. so enjoy it, afterwards when you are partied out then you can worry about cutting again.

just my take on the situation

~vovo

4. jsbrook

jsbrook Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I disagree. However you don't have to be excessive. To take a middle road, I think you could probably maintain by drinking (if you drink) on the weekends and limiting poorer food choices (like pizza) to the weekend. Continue to eat clean and workout hard during the week. You might even be able to lose if you remain in an overall calorie defiict. More generally, I think that eating clean during the week and somewhat looser on the weekend (but not excessive) is a recipe for lifelong health and maintenance. Working out hard would also be a staple.

5. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Pffft. Why are you even worrying about this?

Go wild for two weeks and get as much out of it as you can. You'll never be graduating college again.

6. jsbrook

This is true.

7. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Party, Party, Party when I was in school meant Girls, Girls, Girls. I don't remember the pizzas. But do what ever rocks your boat. :gl: and congrads

8. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

oh, it still means Girls Girls Girls, only with the addition of Alcohol.

i say - try your best to stay away from putting junk in your body. yes, you'll only graduate college a few times in your life at most - but it sounds like you're just trying to make excuses to go back to old ways.

trust me ... [girls + pizza + alcohol] isnt any better than [girls + alcohol]. lay off the crap food, drink some water, and do some keg-stands.

9. jsbrook

I agree with this completely. Milk the parents for a couple great meals over graduation weekend. Don't worry about some crap late night food on a given night or two. But generally, at least in my mind, food is very secondary to the fun of graduation week (girls and alcohol and paryting with people you're not gonna see as much is much more along the lines of what it's about. hehe.)

10. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

much appreciated all... I thnk you are right... While I truly wasn't trying to make an excuse, you only live once.. I will let you know what happens and again, thanks for the words.

11. Coachese

Coachese Well-Known Member

I think that eating clean during the week and somewhat looser on the weekend (but not excessive) is a recipe for lifelong health and maintenance. Working out hard would also be a staple.

I could not agree more....worrying about 3 pounds here, 3 pounds there makes everything sound SO DAMN EARTH SHATTERINGLY IMPORTANT..my feeling is that if I weighed say between 180-190 with 8-10% body fat and was able to maintain that with eating clean all week, working out and then having fun on the weekends and kept going like this for the rest of mylife, I would consider my health goals to have been reached and exceeded.

to each there own.

12. jsbrook

Exactly. I'm only 22, so I dont' know that it would work forever (metabolic slowdown with age, etc...) but it's always worked for me.

13. don_1987

don_1987 Well-Known Member

Forever seems a very long time... But I'm sure as time goes by we'll know what works for us and we will adapt in time (talk about evolution :lol: ) I mean, once you see it stopped working, I'm sure you'll know when and how to change that. But again, forever seems like a very long time ;)

14. Fluogen

Fluogen Well-Known Member

Just remember Red Forman's advice:
    "When used separately, women and alcohol can be a lot of fun. But if you mix them, they can turn you into a dumbass. "

Have fun and congratulations on graduating.