1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need new weight becnh, Weider 425 falling apart..

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by xxeckoxx, Mar 30, 2006.

1. xxeckoxx

xxeckoxx Well-Known Member

Well first off this bench was very cheap, I got it for my brithday when I was 16, it served its purpose for a few years, but the quality is horrible. Firs the adjusting knobs fell apart, sO i could not raise or lower the bar rack, or the saftey bars, really wasnt a problem except for sqauts, but Now the bench locking mechanism has bent out of place and the bench is un adjustable....This thing is a big POS now, I have olympic weight sets, with 400 lbs in plates, but no more functioning weight bench. Can anyone reccomend a high quality weight bench for a good price to me? My budget is pretty low...I do not want another weider, so can anyone make some suggestions for me? Thanks

2. xxeckoxx

xxeckoxx Well-Known Member

bench, and rack would be nice, also to mention we also have a shitty weider pro 9940 cable weight system that all it really does is take up space. I like using free weights, and plan to pick up a new bench/rack combo and 20-60 lb's in dumbells

3. Monkey0ne

Monkey0ne Well-Known Member

Price range?

4. Omaha

Omaha Well-Known Member

Marcy/Impex is a great bang for the buck. Could get yourself a nice bench and rack for no more than 200 bucks shipped ONLINE. If you go to a Dick's Sporting Goods you could probably snag one at 75% or 50% of that price.