1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

need motivation

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by piel2000, Apr 25, 2004.

1. piel2000

piel2000 Well-Known Member

i need some advice. what keeps yall going? how do you make your self get up and do things? i have two kids and i feel like the laziest mother when it comes down to outside activities and running around like a fun mother. for a day to a week i will do a lot and come the next week all i want to do is sit around. i thought cutting all fast food and only cooking at home would give me a little boost but it has not and it has been three weeks since i ate out. what do yall do to boost your energy and be a good mom (son 2 daughter 10 months)
    [​IMG]

2. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

They are so cute. :) Looks like they're having fun.

Can you take them for walks? (With one or both in a stroller.) That might be fun for them and the exercise might give you a boost.

3. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

I dont know what kind of home you have, but if you want to get some excercise while having fun, you could always chase the chidlren around the house while playing tag, or that your some kind of monster and they have to escape you. I found that to be amusing when i was 3.

Also it made me tired and need to take naps so then you can rest while they are napping =)

AJ

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

I use visualization for motivation. With my son, I have visualized being the "fun Dad". I think of activities like fishing, camping, swimming, playing catch, etc with him in years to come. I also visualized comming home after work and having the energy to play games with him like Mr. Jones mentioned.
    Any kind of cardio training will help you get the energy you desire.
    BTW, you're not cutting the calories too much, are you?

5. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

Hey there -

I haven't posted in a while, but this is my area! I have an 11 yo daughter, and a 3 yo son. When he was a baby and I was still a SAHM, I had no energy! But it seemed once I started working, things got better - go figure. Last summer I became a SAHM again, but it was a busy life with building a house, moving, I finally lived near family etc. Now that I'm in my house, things seem to have settled down and I'm experiencing the NO ENERGY thing.

I've come to believe - the more I do, the more I can do. Moving and doing things GIVES me energy, you would think it would take it!

Eating better and exercising really helps - but having a schedule will help too.

Plan play groups, go to the park, go to toddler story hour at the library, etc. We started having our day at home almost like a preschool - (not all the time) but kids like routine too. Another thing, if part of it is the whole housework ordeal - there is a site called www.flylady.net I can't get into her whole planning system - but the basics are interesting. She says to get fully dressed, everyday including hair, make-up and shoes! Also to work on small projects for 15 minutes at a time.

Don't forget to take care of yourself! When you meet goals, go get a pedicure or go shopping or go out to eat (healthy!) with friends!! Mommies need time too! (AND ... don't feel bad if you need a nap, you still have really little ones!)

Good luck... feel free to PM or e-mail me anytime about the MOMMY stuff ;)

6. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member