1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help GAINING Weight

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by erik.whitman, Oct 8, 2007.

1. erik.whitman

erik.whitman Active Member

Hi evry one my name is Steph. I am using my husband acount right now. I am thinking of starting my own soon.

So I have a problem that is most likely opposite than most people. I have a hard time gaining and keeping weight. I am 5'3" and weigh between 98-103 lbs. I am in good shape with a relatively low BF%. (18%) My problem is that no matter what I eat I cannot seem to gain weight. I would like to gain about 5-8 lbs. My husband says I need to lift more weights. I currently do a 3 day circuit training split, and I do LISS cardio on the other three days, and rest on the last day of the week. My husband say I just need to lift heavier. I am affraid of getting bulky like a guy. I am already pretty strong for my size. I can do 35 push ups, 3 pull ups, do 60 situps in one minute and rune 1 mile in 10 mins.

Any Advice?

Steph

2. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

listen to your husband and lift heavier... also... can you tell us what you eat? break it down into each meal and if you know it, how many grams of protien, carbs & fat you eat... don't worry if you don't know that, just try to estimate portion sizes for everything... but your hubby is right you need to lift heavier if you want to gain any muscle.. women don't have the testosterone levels to get big and bulky... think about his... if you have trouble gaining any kind of weight it's going to be equally hard to gain muscle :nod:... muscle responds to stresses... if you aren't providing adequate stress it won't grow at all, much less get big and bulky, most women don't lift nearly heavy enough to get into the kind of shape they want too.... you need to provide your muscles with a reason to grow and to do that you need to be hitting failure when you lift... that means that if you get to the last rep of your last set and you feel like you could do more, you're not lifting enough.. you need to get so that by that last rep it feels like there is NO WAY you could possibly lift it again :nod::bb:... happy lifting and :gl:

also, could you outline what you do at the gym?

later ;)