1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help for starting

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Matthieu, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Matthieu

Matthieu Active Member

Hi,

I'm a 1yo JSF member and have been quite successful in my transformation.
    Now, my girlfriend would like to loose some weight and is motivated on getting into a program like I did.

I'm not quite sure about how much she should eat, and which macro, because I guess we do not work the same.

She's 28yo, 157cm, about 50Kg. She will train twice a week (cardio / collective courses (abs, legs..)).
    So I calculated his BMR is around 1700, and I planned her to eat 1200 in the beginning, and see what happens.
    Is it good, or is it too few ?

Then, I'm using 40/40/20 macro, but I think she could rather use 50/30/20 (carbs,prot,fat).
    Do you think it's a good idea ? (I don't think she should mimic myself (proteins shakes, heavy lifting) so I guess these macros sound reasonnable for her goals).

Thanks for helping :)

Matthieu

2. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that is way too low. You don't say what her goals are but presumably it's fat loss. I would recommend starting off with at least 1700/day and seeing how things progress. Using this calculator will give you an idea of how many calories she needs to maintain her weight. Another way to find out would be to track what she eats for two weeks without changing her diet at all and see what her maintenance calories are.

Why not? She can train and eat just like you do provided it fits her goals.