1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Need for different types of xrcize

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by medsean, Feb 3, 2004.

1. medsean

medsean Well-Known Member

Hey I'm pretty new to lifting weights. I'm trying to sort a good program out for myself. I am having a big problem tho. Theres so many different types of xrcize for each muscle group and i don't know if theres much point doing most of them. eg with the abs do you lose out if you just do sit ups and pull ups rather then all the other xrcizes like air bike and alternate heel touchers?
    ta for your words of wisdom

2. Mahdimael

Mahdimael Well-Known Member

Different exercises are like two different routes to your job- either way, you'll get to your job, it's just a different way to go. You don't have to do one set of each exercise, just choose a few for every workout and change them up from time to time. So, for example, if you were doing one chest exercise a day, you could do pushups one day, bench press the next, and so on. (I don't recommend doing one chest exercise a day, btw)

3. medsean

medsean Well-Known Member

ahh i get you. thanks