1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

NCNBilly's Waterbury 10/10 Transformation

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by NCNBilly, Mar 19, 2008.

1. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

Here it is, the last cutting day. I couldn't be more ready to end the low-carb cycle, both physically and mentally. I've noticed especially in the last few days that I'm CRAVING carbs, which is very unusual for me. I had a nice long cheat-afternoon on Saturday - beer, pizza, ice cream, fries... It felt amazing, and I barely added 1lb of bloat.

I'll be taking pictures tonight and final measurements.

2. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

A pound of bloat is getting off very easy from a cheat afternoon. Especially with beer and grease. Nice :tucool:

3. NCNBilly

The pictures I took last night show a HUGE change in just 3 weeks - it's probably the biggest 3 week change I've had since I started. Unfortunatly I lost my calipers so I don't have an exact BF% measurement, but I'm at 167.5lbs and around 7.5%. Compared to my pics from last December at the end of my cut (164 ~ 7%) I look much more defined so I'm thinking I've added some quality mass since then.

This reaffirms that I'm on the right track - I need more lean mass before I bother cutting again. This is a great feeling, finally KNOWING what I've got to do. All that's left is to do it. :D

Sooooo 3 weeks of Phase IV bulk, a 1 week deload, then into my full-on fall bulk!

4. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Did you post the pics somwhere else? I'm too lazy to look. Congrats on the change. :tucool:

For me bulking is more fun, but cutting offers the quickest changes to my body.

5. NCNBilly

Nope, no pics posted other than the ones I posted 3 weeks ago. I'll put them all up in a single thread ( and link it on the first page) when I'm done with this phase on Oct. 6th. I think for 12 weeks, they'll show a good bit of change.

6. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:tu: looking forward to the pics ;)

7. NCNBilly

I started taking them in my underwear so I could get a better overall picture. :o

8. Doubleoqueso

:claphigh:

That should be quite enjoyable :tu:

9. NCNBilly

:nod:

I like the bulking routines with the 10/10, but I really hate the nutrition of this program. I think its made for people less anal than me (no measuring) and it drives me crazy. I'm glad to have done it, I've learned a great deal. I'm really looking forward to some complex carbs as a regular item in my diet.

Workout last night killed:

3x18 palms up row
    3x18 step ups

3x18 pushups, legs elevated, perfect form and cadence
    3x18 good mornings

(I can post these now, since there have been numerous people writing around exposing much more than this, to which Chad hasn't objected)
    Pushups are evil if you do them right. :D

10. NCNBilly

Today is an off day, and thank god. I'm hurting! This last phase comes with a warning - be prepared to struggle like hell on the last set.

I did SLDBDLs 8x5 last night, with a 45 in each hand - felt good. I could do more weight, but I don't think I can balance with much more especially towards the end.

I'm really liking lat pull-downs now for some reason. I guess before I didn't have much in the way of lats, now I do and I can really feel them recruited in the left and can feel good form from bad form.

I'm noticing what could either be weakness or inflexibility in my right leg (uncovered by lunges and step-ups). Sadly, this is the leg I had artheroscopic surgery on my knee 3 years ago. I'm guessing I'm plowing through scar tissue, and I'm thinking of adding pistol squats in to address this in the upcoming bulk. I've always had flexibility issues, which is apparently pretty common in the 'long-legged gazelle' as my Dad refers to me.

11. NCNBilly

Saturday (heavy) and Sunday (light) workouts rounded out the week. I really pushed myself yesterday doing 3x18x35lbs stepups. I about puked, so I know I'm pushing the limit of my cardiovascular system.

8 workouts in 10 days left. This program is INTENSE. I know something good is happening since I'm ravenously hungry and have no problem falling asleep at night.

12. NCNBilly

Missed a workout yesterday due to illness. It's the first workout I've missed in months and it really pisses me off. I could've pushed through it, but I'd probably have been worse today. I feel better, no fever, and just a little stuffy so I'm thinking I'll resume today.

I stuck to my diet, even tho I had some serious carb cravings so I feel pretty good about that.

13. NCNBilly

Decent workout last night - I really pushed the weight limits a little too hard. I had to back off to get the sets/reps I was aiming for, but I kept the intensity up. Today is an off day and cheat meal, and my joints and muscles welcome the extra calories. No plans for tomorrow due to the rain, so sleeping in is now on the agenda as long as Rhyan cooperates.

14. NCNBilly

Last night killed! I hit a new PR for front squats - 5x4@185. The best part is that my wrist finally stopped hurting and my form has improved significantly. I'm going to put these in the bulking routine - I think I could probably hit 205-215 on a max attempt, maybe more now that I have some confidence.

15. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

damn! great work!! :bow:

16. NCNBilly

All the single-leg work, stepups, forward and reverse lunges have made tremendous improvements in my leg strength. I'm STOKED to do a back squat to see what I can do. I hit 265 (poorly) early in the Summer, and I think I can do 300 now - we'll see after my short break!

17. Doubleoqueso

300!!! You can do it!! That would be awesome! Have you been doing bulgarians? How are your knees taking all the leg work?

18. NCNBilly

I did bulgarians in the last phase. They exposed some inflexibility in my right knee (the one I had surgery on) that I didn't know was there - and I think it's what was hindering my back squat progress.

Actually, my knees are fine with just some ibuprofen. It's my hips that are really in bad shape. I'm kinda limping around here today.

On a good note, today is the last workout of the 10/10 program. I'm going to take a week break to allow my joints to fully heal - I'm going to keep my diet pretty casual to allow for maximal recovery. It'll be high carb (I'll try and keep them cleanish) and little to no activity aside from walking the dog and my normal daily routines. This will be the first break in training since April and I think I'm overdue.

Pictures will be posted tonight, and this journal closed out! :)

19. NCNBilly

Welp, here's the pics. The first ones are from phase 1, and the last were taken about 20 minutes ago. I apologize for taking them in different lighting, I'm still working on getting a good 'white-wall' area set up.

As you can see, I've got rid of some of the stubborn fat on my chest area. I think the 'pouch' of fat/skin on the lower abs is actually more visible that I lost a good bit of fat above there, plus the camera was in an almost top-down shot so it emphasizes this. :C

All in all, I'm pretty happy and the numbers are looking pretty good.

Start:
    11.5%
    lbm: 154.9

Finish of 12-week program:
    175.5lbs
    8.5%BF
    lbm: 160.6

Attached Files:

20. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it. But you picked a bad night. Supernatural, Smallville, the debate, Dodger game, working out. My plate is full tonight.

EDIT: Never mind, I had your post up for a while and you updated it while I was looking in other threads.

That back pic is sweet looking. What is great is that you kept on the same weight. That is to be commended. Congrats!