1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My Wedding Ring just fell off!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Akira-Kai, May 16, 2008.

1. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

Have any of you married guys / girls out there had to have your Wedding Bands re-sized?!? I'm half way through my first successful cut (should have done it 10 years ago but didn't know quite how - thanks John Stone!!!) and my ring just fell off in the shower! I personally found this hilarious, although my wife is a little more concerned - Good Grief! :rolleyes:

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Mine's been loose on my finger for five years - since I lost my extra baggage in 2003. I left it the larger size because it's a reminder of who I once was... and who I'll never be again.

3. bigmex44

bigmex44 Active Member

Mine became loose for about 3 months. Then...it fell off one night and I didn't realize it. You better get it resized before you have to deal with what I have with for the last few years.

4. jediMaster

jediMaster Active Member

My first wedding ring is at the bottom of a lake now because I didn't resize it. Would have been cheaper to just resize it.

5. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I had my engagement ring resized a few years ago. It used to be an 8, and they resized it to a 6 1/2. I was kicking myself after I got it done because they charged me $30, and kept all the gold they took out. :( I should have requested the little chunk of gold in a baggie or something. :lol: I didn't change the size of the wedding band because it was patterned all around; it stays on my finger wedged between my hand and the smaller engagement ring.

When you think that means my hand used to look like the one on the right and now looks like the one in the middle. :eek:

http://www.danforthdiamond.com/images/finger_sizes2.jpg

6. winston_one

winston_one Active Member

I lost mine a few weeks ago. I noticed it was getting loose, then one day I just noticed it was gone!

7. kevin_in_ga

kevin_in_ga Active Member

Interestingly, I have lost 53 lbs in the last 9 months, and my wedding ring is on as tightly as ever. Seriously - I can't remove it without scraping off a little skin, but once off it slides right back on again without effort.

I guess that's because it knows exactly where it belongs.

8. ShaneLeighton

ShaneLeighton Well-Known Member

Rather than it falling off, I can't get my wedding ring on right now, :o

It's one of the many WHY"S i want to get back in shape. Congratulations on all your progress!

Shane

9. featherz

featherz Well-Known Member

I *lost* my wedding ring after losing weight. Gone forever. Now, it was not incredibly expensive (we bought it as younguns at a mall) but it obviously had sentimental value. My fingers went down THREE sizes! I now have an ornate gold band, no stones - that's enough for me. ;)

10. philph

philph Well-Known Member

The only time I've actually worn my wedding ring was at the wedding itself.

As an experiment, I just tried it on just now and it is fairly loose. I'm surprised as I had always thought my fingers had been unchanged during periods of fat gain or loss. Just shows you can never tell.

11. theizer1

theizer1 Active Member

lost and found

My ring is very loose now after about 3 months of cutting. I lost it at one point and then found it several days later in my driveway. It was scratched up a bit, but I was happy to find it.

12. Akira-Kai

Thanks for all your replies. I've switched it over to my right hand as that seems to fit more securely there. I really don't want to loose it so I'll get it resized when I've finished my cut.

Since this happened I've been surprised by how many people have lost their wedding bands e.g. both my step-dad and father-in-law lost theirs a long time ago. Not through cutting I hasten to add. Neither have bought replacements.

I'm now down to 10% BF (phew) - hopefully only 1 more month to go for target 8% BF and "maintenance" / "slightly more food" :eat: time! I'm expecting more distrations this month so I'll have to see if I can maintain my focus.

13. Akira-Kai

Last year's progress

Long time no post - I finished my first cut back in August last year and have been very busy since then with life in general. This is the first weekend in a looong time that I don't have anything that I feel I HAVE to do! - so I thought I'd post my before and after pictures from my cut last year.

A very big THANK YOU to John Stone! Before seeing his Daily Pics animation on YouTube I had no idea it was possible for us mortals to get into this sort of shape!

The last half of last year I had to re-prioritise my life and was unable to train. Since December 2008 I've made the space and time (6.20am!) for my training and have been undergoing my first bulk since. I plan to finish this in Apirl and cut again for the summer. I've no idea as to the results of this but will post another pic at the end of my bulk for comparison.

Thanks again John!

#13 Akira-Kai, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  14. ms3jake

ms3jake Active Member

Few qestions: First of all congrats on your success! :claphigh: What is your BF in the left picture? Is the left pic completely untrained or were you already lifting weights? Did follow John Stones diet and workout routine to get your results, like HIIT and 20%fat/40/40 carb and protein diet?

15. Akira-Kai

Hi ya - thanks for your congrats message. I was 17% BF in the left picture and completely untrained. I had done a few months of jogging the previous year (2007) but didn't understand the huge benefits of combining aerobic / resistance training and diet until I found John's website. I had done some weight training in my late teans and early 20's but that was a very long time ago now.

I didn't follow John's training or diet specifically. I relied on maximuscle.com to work these out. They have an excellent website for training routines and diet plans. I used John's website for inspiration! His transformation alone made me decide that I could do this.

16. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

I'm in the group that lost my original ring while delivering pizza :( As a plus, I got hit on the next day on a stop! I never got hit on, it was great.

That didn't coincide with any weight loss though, I think it was always a bit loose.

However, after that experience (well really, the experience from my Wife...who was surprisingly cool about it) I've very conscious as I'm losing weight now to make sure the replacement doesn't get too loose.

17. Bobbio

Bobbio Active Member

This is hilarious! The amount of replies is fantasticly funny. I can't wear mine anymore either. In fact, because of the design I can't get it resized! Couple this with the fact I'm 50 pounds lighter than before and my wife is a little pissed! :lol:

18. mmace

mmace Well-Known Member

During the year leading up to my summer wedding I decided to lose some weight for the wedding & honeymoon, I ended up losing around 4.5 stone (63lbs/28.6kgs).
    I was measured for my wedding ring the year before so when it came to the honeymoon I kept losing the ring in the swimming pool, I ended up not wearing it for the rest of the holiday and got it resized when I got home!

19. Cooper520

Cooper520 Active Member

You guys are lucky who are able to get a ring resized, I was really smart and got a titanium ring, a few pounds lighter now and the ring is very loose, but titanium cannot be resized.

20. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mine is loose, and will come off in the shower, but doesn't (yet) fall off on its own. Though, some days it is much looser than others - my fingers must be water/carb sensative or something. I play with my ring alot, slipping it on other fingers and the like - sometimes it's loose on the middle finger, sometimes I can't even get it on.

BUT, I wrecked my left wrist mountain biking back in August. My hand swelled up something fierce. The doc thought they were going to need to cut my ring off because my hand and fingers were so swollen. Took a little tugging and twisting amd lubing up, but it came off - must to the shock of the nurses - because I hadn't resized it.

Got lucky on that one!