1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

my supplement experimentation

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Jono, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

currently i am going on an intense, nitty griddy cutting cycle. calories are as tight as they can be, cardio at least 5 times a week. 6 weight trainin sessions a week.

unfortunatly i am going to be cycling off creatine next week for two weeks, one week from now i will be taking a week off as max ot suggests from weight lifting. however, i am going to replace my weight training sessions with cardio that i do in the morning.

i will be consuming 500mg of GABA, gamma aminobutryic acid before bed time. very potent non essential amino acid in the body. promotes restful and deeper sleep. is also shown to increase HGH levels, human growth hormone. recovery time is reduced and greater general feeling of wellness is improved. also aids in fat loss

i will be consuming a varying amount of ALA, alpha lipoic acid. a very POWERFUL antioxident! in essence it mimicks insulin, making it more effective/efficient and driving nutrients into muscle tissue, vs fat. also helps stabilize and reduce over all blood glucose levels. also known for its ability to increase creatine up take. unfortunatly i really wont know how well this will work as i will be off creatine for at least 2 weeks. i plan on consuming 200mg after AM cardio, just before breakfast. 200mg before my pre-workout meal, and 300mg after my workout. a total of 700mg a day

1.5 to 2hrs after eating, i will consume 3500mg to 4000mg of l-arginine 30min before my pre workout meal. arginine is known for a nitric oxide effect in the body, lowering blood pressure and its most noteable affect is known for a "pump" when you lift weights. also noted to utilize HGH levels more effectivly during a training session, another antioxident as well.. also enhance fat metabolism

all these are pretty harmless, but OF COURSE a person can take to much.. my arginine amount maybe slightly high but the only side effects with arginine is you may get an upset stomach if you take it to much. i shall be monitering affects on my body and well being while on these products. they are all amino-acids found within the body.

so basically the theory behind all these supplements in my 4 week cycle are to maximize my fat burning efforts. yet, yield greater and more effective insulin response within my body, getting the most out of my workouts (cardio and weight training).

as i have found in training very intensily, antioxidents are extremely helpful, i shall be consuming more than before, as i should with the increased intensity

i most interested in GABA as i have heard many good things about this product. i will keep everyone updated

2. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Interesting, apart from the creatine you take I have never tried any of those supplements. I'd be ineterested to see how you go.You can be our human guinea pig :tu:

Marcus :tucool:

3. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

and if anyone is curious about the prices for these.. here is what i paid

i am in canada BTW, so these will be in CDN funds.. you guys get it much cheaper, bastards :p

100 capsules GABA 500mg - $13 w/ tax
    100 capsules L - Arginine 500mg - $13 w/ tax
    60 capsules ALA 200mg - $23 w/ tax

ala was by far the most expensive, i have some 300mg capsules i shall using for my post workout shake. but in all, if the science behind these products are true.. which they are proven to be. for the enhanced results, its a very small price to pay IMO.

when i go on my bulking cycle, i should expect some incredible strength gains utilizing these products and maybe some others!

BTW, i have consulted my friend who runs his own nutrition and supplementation consultation business with 8+ years of serious schooling in biology/chemistry/neuroscience/nutrition etc.

4. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

you should research the "anarchy stack"

it used to have ALA in it, but instead has been changed up to r-ALA. apparently its a good cutting stack, but a bit expensive.

5. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

ALA is chemically derived while R+ ALA is "naturally" derived.

RALA is just more effective because your body is more responsive to it because it can digest/utilize it more effectivly since it is naturally derived. it is also twice as expensive!

in the future i will order and try some RALA, but for now, ALA will do just fine :)

6. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

JONO, could you post an update on your experiment?

I've heard varied reports on GABA myself so would be interested in hearing about it. ;)

7. --D--

--D-- Well-Known Member

I thought Jono was banned. If he is, I would email him or IM him if you want to find out how his experiment is unfolding.

8. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

Thanks --D--. I think I'll forget about it if he's banned.

9. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that a good diet, hard exercise, and perhaps a little whey and creatine are all that a healthy 18 yr old needs to improve. At that age, you have tons of natural testosterone and money spent on a bunch of hard to pronounce supplements is money wasted.