1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

my progress so far! :)

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by monica, Jun 26, 2007.

1. monica

monica Well-Known Member

I started weight lifting in October 2006 with my mother. Here are before and after pics. I wrote in another thread that I was afraid that my breasts were getting smaller. I don't think that they are anymore (phew) and I prefer the body I have now, lol! I think I'll concentrate more on my diet from now on, because I haven't really changed anything since I started. Maybe I'll make even more progress if I eat better than I do now. :eat:

Attached Files:

#1 monica, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

You looked great in the before pictures and even better now. Keep up the good work. The pictures seem a little blurry to me, though.

But good stuff.:tu::nod:

3. monica

monica Well-Known Member

Thanks! :)

I'll try to take sharper pics. I didn't even notice myself that they are blurry until now. :o

Edit: new pics updated above! :)

#3 monica, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  4. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Wow :eek:

From fine to finer :eek:

Way to go! Don't be afraid to put on muscle, now ;)

5. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

That is some excellent progress you've made there! :tu: Congratulations! What are your further goals?

I have to ask, are you a German speaker? I figured you might be since you labeled your pics in German :D.

6. monica

monica Well-Known Member

Thanks! I will try to get some more muscles this time. I think I need to add some more protein in my diet and also eat more often. :)

I'm from Norway btw! :)

7. mattback

mattback Active Member

the big difference for me is in your legs and hips.. absolutely awesome.

i'm drooling btw. hahaha. beautiful bod, keep it up.

i need to find a chick that has your bod, i'd be in heaven <3

8. monica

monica Well-Known Member

I've ordered some protein and am working on my diet. :eat:

BTW, has anyone else experienced this: You're talking to a bunch of women and one of them start to talk about this "amazing diet" that will make them lose weight very fast. All you have to do is drink 12 cups of coffee a day and eat 3 eggs and bacon 3 times a day, for 3 weeks!! Then you look around and everyone nods and gets all excited. Then you tell them it's healthier to eat 5-6 meals a day and work out...and they all give you this look: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: before you've even finished the sentence? I have! I'll just keep my horrible suggestions to myself next time. :lol:

mattback: Thanks! I notice the difference there as well. Hopefully I'll manage to get some more muscles on my arms and back.

9. virtualadrian

virtualadrian Active Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHA 400mg of caffeine is the overdose rate 12 cups puts you well above that... , oh no you wont die, that requires 50 cups of coffee. But you will be all shaky, your teeth will get stained and you wont sleep at night. Plus there is that pesky addiction factor, and also a cup of liquid is 8oz. All you would be drinking is coffee. And what about if you have high blood pressure? That much coffee is bound to give you a heart attack! The reason they suggest that much coffee ( I think ) is because it will raise heart rate/ body temp/ and metabolism. Bacon and eggs have so much fat it is sick, so you really don't like your body if you are trying that diet...

For hilarity's sake, ask them to take before and after pictures... GUH! The uninformed masses aggravate me! Specially when I get criticized... AND I CAN SHOW RESULTS !!!

At any rate... nice progress :eek: Went from hot to hotter :tucool:

10. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

People have been asking me how I lost all that weight and when I tell them that I didn't starve myself but ate six healthy meals a day and hit the gym hard, they always seem disappointed. I guess they were expecting me to share some kind of magic bullet with them, but the truth is you just need to work really hard.

11. monica

monica Well-Known Member

They usually give up after two days.. I've heard so many weird diets where you *only* eat this and that for 2-3 weeks, and I think the point in them all is that they will lose weight, but gain it all back when they are done. But they get excited about it because they lose weight pretty fast. I just don't understand why they won't make an effort and start working out instead. It's just hard in the beginning, then you get addicted! :bb:

12. virtualadrian

virtualadrian Active Member

Most people cannot break through the innitial month or two it takes to get into the habit of working out. Some of it has to do with motivation, some of it is misinformation, some of it is self esteem (they honestly believe they cannot do it), some are just unwilling (I would say most are). The psychological game is what holds most back. You have to overcome that, then you can focus toward the physical. I'm trying to recall what all I did, and how I got motivated. Then again, I am more driven than most...

It hurts like hell for the first 2 weeks when you get back to the gym, but after that your body recovers faster or you don't notice the pain... Since I started doing this I sleep better, feel better, feel fit, am happy with myself, like what I see in the mirror, cholesterol is lower, BP is lower.... you name it! It is one of THE best things I ever did for myself!

People have to want to change, and they have to want to commit, otherwise it's not worth trying to convince them what you are doing is right or good. Since they ussually will end up riddiculing you.

13. Alana Calloway

Alana Calloway Active Member

WTG Monica!
    Your pictures look wonderful I need to get a body like that just need motivation right! Well I'm going to start back to taking my Hydroxycut again so I can be looking good for my Florida and Georgia trip

14. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Yeah -- I told a friend of mine that I was going to modify my diet slightly in order to drop some bodyfat. The conversation went something like this:

Her: You should try doing my plan. It is foolproof!!!

Me: What is your plan?

Her: I eat 3-4 bananas everyday and drink a ton of coffee. I recommend chiquita bananas. They are the best!

Me: Thats it? That is all you consume all day? A few bananas and some coffee?

Her: Yup.

Me: Uh ok...Thanks. :rolleyes: