1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

~My Progress Pics & High School Sweethearts~

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by aimforcute, Nov 14, 2010.

1. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Hey everyone !

I've never done something like this before and it is a bit hard for me. I'll be posting my progress pics from January 2010 - November 2010. Within this span I believe I lost about 50-60 pounds.

Questions you might ask:

Q: What's your height and weight?

A: I am 5'9 and when I started I was at 220 pounds (massive). I am currently at about 170-175.

Q: How did you do it?

A: Honestly? I didn't do it the proper way. If I'm making a journal I promise to be 100% honest with all of you. I was on a major calorie deficit. I just ate about 1,200 calories. I ended up getting stuck in a really bad place where weight just stopped coming off. This has been happening for the past 4-5 months. I was frustrated beyond belief and still kind of am but I made one big change. I started resistance training *gasp*. I don't have access to weights so I have been using the old fashioned pushups, squats and situps because my current college does not have a gym and I don't have any funds for a gym membership. I have seen gains though!

Q: Why did you decide to make this?

A: To be honest, I was hoping to get some guidance from people with good solid advice. I've become newly inspired to make a push for it and the reason is in the title. I've recently got in touch with my high school sweetheart and it was awesome! The sparks are all still there and I want to be the best me I can be for her. She's the prettiest girl in the world by the way :). I know it doesn't matter to her if I lose this last 10-20 pounds but it does to me. I want to reach my goal not only for her but for MYSELF!!!

So anyways. What you've all been waiting for, on to the pics!They go in order from top to right like a book.

[​IMG]<--January to about June 2010
    [​IMG]June-November 2010
    [​IMG]November2010-January 2011<---PLATEAU B.S.!!!>=/
    [​IMG]<----After 1 Month of RESISTANCE TRAINING! =)

As promised (and super late) here are my update progress pictures.

First one is from May 2nd and the second one was yesterday!

[​IMG]
    MAY 2nd --> May 15th--> June 4th

#1 aimforcute, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Posting yesterdays activities:

3X20 sets of pushups
    3X20 sets of squats with 20 pound weight on my back
    3X20 situps

Not your conventional workout but it's better than nothing.

Ate 3 chicken breasts for lunch/dinner and banana and milk blend (just a banana blended with a cup of milk) for breakfast. Couple of almonds thrown in as snacks in the day. Appx 2500 calories. Maybe a bit too high? I did get a good workout today though.

11/14 Made oatmeal for breakfast with a banana smashed in and 3 pieces of chicken for lunch/dinner. Appx 1,200 calories so far. Taking the dog for a run later at the park for a (1) hour run then back home for some more chicken.

3. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

45 min jog at the park with the ole golden retriever. Dog always gets a ton of attention from people ! Came back and really went crazy (i was real hungry) ate 2 thighs, 1 chicken breast, 1 wing and 1 leg for a total of 1,050 calories. Total calories so far today 1,000.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm no mathematician, but there's a typo somewhere. ;)

Just funning with you, you've made some very nice progress and the exercising will only accelerate that. Read the stickies and be mindful of become skinny fat. Do searches for body weight exercises and you'll get a wealth of information that will include many low or no cost options. For instance a doorway pullup bar can be bought for very little money and pushups, which I know you mentioned, don't need any equipment.

5. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Yea I have one of those but I can't even do one lol ! Pushups are working great so far I bought this book called "You are your own gym" with lots of good input on non-weight resistance options. I started my pushups at like barely 5 dude and I'd collapse. That was a month ago and now I can do 20 and THEN collapse hehe. I do 3 sets of those and my arms feel like jelly. I cross my legs for extra difficulty and eventually I'll work on an incline.

I'm hoping by the time pushup/squat/etc workouts become too easy for me I'll have access to a real gym but for now this is better than nothing !

So to end the day i got my 1600 calories in, ran a 45 min jog around the park and ready for class tomorrow :D I'll do another resistance session tomorrow and maybe pump it up to 25 pushups if I can!

6. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Next day got an A on my french midterm WOOT!

After class I drove again with my dog to the lake and ran for an hour. Ate a banana and milk blend (200 calories)
    and half a organic spinach pizza for lunch. For lunch I ate 3 pieces of chicken breast with some almonds thrown in. Also ate 2 tostadas with raddish (native dish you woudn't understand =P) Tostadas were made without oil so no worries. About 1,800 calories today. I overate! oh crap :( Still at a deficit and the food was good sources so I'm not worried.

Tomorrow I'll work on my legs with squats.

I hope to be an example to those people who want top lose weight but can't get into a gym! woot!

7. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Did about 9 sets of 20 squats today holding a weight of about 50 pounds on my shoulder. Really great! I'm really starting to see the difference and it's only been a week. I'm really excited about the future :D

8. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

You're kicking ass man. :nod: :tucool:

9. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Thank you man! Mean's a lot ! Doing cardio today again with the golden pup (or not). He hurt his leg running last time so I've been icing his leg for the past day. I'll probably go solo today. So many nice happy people running in the park, I love the atmosphere. Peaceful with a huge lake and ducks quacking around. Awesome !

I did sort of fuck up this morning. I went to starbucks and got a Java Chip Frapucinno (600 calories). Yikes. All good, not like I make it a habit.

Ate a piece of top serloin with onions when I got home for a good 500 calories. And I'll munch on some chicken breast when I get back. WOOT!

10. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

So yesterday I worked on my triceps. Got in 4 sets of 20 and really felt the burn! It's so bizarre seeing these big muscles on my arms growing from just pushups. Just goes to show if you really want sopmething bad enough you will find a way to accomplish your goal. Barely one week of this body resistance training and I am already slimmed down about 1 inch around my waist. I should have done this sooner!!!

Today I'm supposed to do my cardio (doing cardio 3x a week) but it's raining so hard. Rain or shine right? Let's see how truly dedicated I am. I will run today !

11. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Well, it's been a couple months and I'm back.

I will admit, I have been strongly against weight training. I think it had a lot to do with bad advice i got from people in my life claiming things like "weight training stunts growth" and other wives tales. I have begun a weight training program as of last month and WOW! I can see how overrated cardio is almost immediately!

I updated pics (i know people like to see pic updates for visuals however iffy I feel about it heh).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As you can see, I've gained some muscle (at least i hope so)! I believe I've lost about 6 pounds of fat this month as well has 3 inches to my chest!

My calories are running between 1700 on non-lifting days and 1900 on lifting days.

I run a lifting program of MON/WED : Upper Body and TUES/THUR: Lower Body/Abs

I'm taking in about 200 G. of protein per day. For a reminder I am 170 and 5'9.

I'm so impressed with how effective weight training is. I was in a horrible plateau for months (about November 2010 until March 2011 almost 5 months X_X). I'm happy to see the return of my beloved metabolism all thanks to free weights and my local gym! I will continue working hard and show you guys the benefits of TENACITY!!!

Thanks fellas!

#11 aimforcute, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  12. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

You're doing great! If you want the truth, come onto this site and you'll find it (as long as you listen to the right folks). At your age, size, etc., you'll get more benefit from weight training as far as overall health is concerned, than from just cardio. If you're lifting heavy enough, you're going to be getting a cardio workout at the same time. You can mix in some HIIT cardio on non-lifting days to burn some extra fat, but have to be careful of not overdoing it to work against yourself.

Keep it up.

13. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

JUP!

Lifting is great and rewarding. A day doesn't feel complete anymore without it!

I worked the upper body today. My friend was bragging to me about his 250 pound bench presses so I felt a little impatient with my measly 105 pound bench press sets. I don't really know how good or bad that is for a one month lifter but I decided to pack on a extra 20 pounds. Safe to say, it was too soon and quickly lowered it back HA! So much for my silly ego =(

14. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

So, in being totally honest here, I am a stubborn (which helped me not give up on this even after a 5 month plateau) somewhat arrogant dude. I always wanted to do things MY WAY (also why I got into this overweight state to begin with). So I refused to listen to anyone's advice about raising calories in a defiance that I knew best. Uping calories would only make me gain weight!

-_-

So, I've really seen good gains the past month and I'm thrilled. I was really looking hard at my diet and wanted to make sure that was perfected as well. I always thought, "Well, I am a smart dude with a huge IQ. I don't need to write this down, I can keep track in my head! Those other fools write it down cause they're dumb."

WELL, ta-da. My diet was really REALLY off. Carbs were higher than I thought they were (along with fat). I focused too much on protein and calories. That might be the reason my weight loss wasn't as explosive as it could have been.

I try to become more accepting and calm every day.

There's my new diet. I realized how glorious fitday.com really is. Amazing site. Top is non lifting days and bottom is lifting days.
    [​IMG]

I guess young folks do learn things the hard way afterall.

I also gained 10 pounds on my squat and bench yesterday! =)

#14 aimforcute, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  15. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Taken my weight lifting to a new extreme. Instead of paling it around at the gym I went today with 100% focus. Instead of trying to "look cool" by not grunting and straining I let it all out and pushed myself to it's last ounce of strength. My reward was a +10 pd bench press this week and a +15 on overhead along with other small gains in other areas. Amazing what a little focus can do.

After hounding my diet for the past 3 days I noticed an immediate change. I was overeating...no wonder my progress wasn't as explosive as the first few days where I lost an entire inch around my waist. Int he past 3 days I lost .5 inches on my waist WHATS UP!!!

Leg day tomorrow. can't wait.

16. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Can't underststand why I was so weak during bench press. I couldn't lift anywhere near my max. I did eat about 150g of protein about 30 mins before the workout, this might have been the reason. I felt gross. -_-

I have lost about half an inch to my waist in the past week or so. I'll post some update pics tomorrow!

17. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

As promised (and super late) here are my update progress pictures.

First one is from May 2nd and the second one was yesterday!

[​IMG]

#17 aimforcute, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  18. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

And a question for any pros who happen to be read this, should I be doing cardio? I noticed John Stone lost weight at twice the rate as me BUT he did cardo almost daily (and significantly lower calories).

Am I just getting greedy? Should I stay the course?

19. pylo79

pylo79 Active Member

I am no pro but I would try to do some cardio on your days your not lifting it is very benficial. Your progress is great keep up the hard work.:tucool:

20. aimforcute

aimforcute Active Member

Was checking out your journal as well. You did very good progress while using cardio as well... Maybe I will =)