1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

~~my PreWO/CEE method?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by wh0rume, Jun 15, 2005.

1. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

currently, i take 1/2tsp CEE with water, as well as a scoop of whey, 20 min before lifting.

should i add some dex to get it going faster?
    I know i dont want the insulin spike, but maybe just a small one is ok 20 min before lifting?

should i add a scoop of glutamine peptide?
    I take a scoop PWO, but would pre-WO be good too?

should i NOT take the whey pre-WO?

#1 wh0rume, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  2. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

CEE doesn't need a transport mechanism... no dextrose required.

3. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

k, thanks.

should i use whey pre-wo, or no?

4. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

The only reason I can see to have whey pre-workout is for the BCAAs. Honestly, I'd take the CEE an hour before your workout, then just have a post workout shake with whey and dextrose.

5. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

ditto

You don't want even the slightest insulin spike before or during you lift if you are trying to get the huge insulin spike right after you lift.

Some people do drink something while they lift, but then they don't get an insulin spike becaue their insulin level is already elevated.

6. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

eventually i'll be able to afford a "real" pre-workout combination (like whatever mastover and kino use).
    these finally came in the mail today.
    i'm a little skeptical because of their price, but im going to start using them none-the-less.

what do you think? crappy?

7. Oranzith

Oranzith Well-Known Member

what, you mean some market scam like GROW!! or whatever its called?

those shakes are, drum roll please....

a combination of Dextrose, maltodextrin, and a protein blend of like Soy, hydrolyzed whey, casien proteins.

You would be right on with simply dextrose and your whey. a great blend of high quality proteins, like those used in the GROW supplement or whatever is Chris Mason's protein. Maltodextrin and dextrose, as we know, are dirt cheap sugars. Its like a dollar a pound.

try using 40g whey, 80g dex after your workout and you now have a top notch PWO.

Furthermore, in regards to PWO before and after - just follow what is tried, true, gets results, and is easy.

1 hour pre-lift: have a solid meal of Protein + Carbs. I shoot for 40g carbs, 20g protein + CEE.
    Immediately post-lift: have 1/2 your PWO
    For 30 mins following lifting: Sip your PWO
    1-2 hours after lifting, 30 mins after PWO is gone: have another real meal. Heavier on the carbs. Fruit, oatmeal, etc.

1/2 all your calories for the day ought to be consumed within 2 hours each direction of lifting.

Whether you believe in the concept of a "target" window utilized via the insulin spike, chugging your PWO completely when you are done or sipping it slowly, effing the target window because you have a constant pool of amino acids in your body that covers rebuilding / destroys "target window" myth, any style of pre-eating.

that covers all the bases.