1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

my new wheelz

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Jono, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

well i was tired of hitting up the race tracks on 01 gixxer 600s and 1000s and riding the streets with an old school 85 gixxer 750..

so this past week i picked myself up a mint 02 r6 :D

currently the bike is bone stock, right down to the stock fender.. except for the hindle titanium slip on..

some mods i would like to do first are:
    - braided front brake lines
    - ebc race pads
    - steering dampner
    - dial in the suspension
    (no sense in going fast unless you got the braking and suspension to back it up)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15,500 rpm redline is where the fun begins :drool:

2. Ludvig78

Ludvig78 Well-Known Member

Hi!

My friend had the exact same thing but a R1. Hit the track on it, went high side and stayed in bed for 4 weeks. After that he bought a 750 GSXR Suzuki. Did kinda the same thing. And had some bed time there too. Now he has a GSXR 1000 that he totally modified from new to track racer. It's been on it's side as well. This time he made it without a scrach. Crazy bugger. :)

3. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Jono, niiiiiiiiiice! :drool:

4. Fabian

Fabian Guest

DAMN!....Now thats what I call a ride... :tucool:

5. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

that sucks for your friend.. hope he knows what he's doing on the track lol ;).. i can tell ya from riding assorted bikes on the track, the 600s are the most fun.. i can just stick it to the liter bikes, and stuff them in the corners and thats the last time they see of me :D

i know personally everytime i go to the track, there is a few crashes each time.. usually all low sides, mostly cosmetic damage..

however on the roads, i have two personal friends that have gone down recently.. about 5 other locals..and maybe 1/2 a dozen deaths so far on the streets... been a pretty crazy year for accidents

i've never been down before, but im sure i will sometime in the near future (with the way i push myself).. going to be on the track (hopefully)..

hows this for an adrenalin rush?? grabbin a whole lotta brake for a nice carousel left hander (slowing down from 250-260).. knee down, 140-150 or so clicks, half way through the turn in third gear, 8500 rpm.. ease on the thorttle and the back end brakes lose and i start drifting towards the outside of the track (where i friend had biffed it earlier.. i was following their line right off the track).. leaned the bike upright some more, eased of the thorttle and pinned it once again.. came up the hill near 4th gear redline and bam the front end broke loss up the crest of the hill...

damn that was fun, i ended up doing that 3 times, same corner, same spot

6. AWD_ENVY

AWD_ENVY Well-Known Member

Blah... to many R6's on the street. Post some pics of your Track bike(s) insted... :cool:

I run a Ducati 748... Getting it ready for the track.... Can't wait :D

7. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

i actually just sold my r6 track bike.. this is the one i usually use, i rent it off my friend

ignore the weird face, first thing in the morning in a leather suit lol

[​IMG]

8. AWD_ENVY

AWD_ENVY Well-Known Member

haha... looks like the leathers are riding up on ya with that face. Do you ride with a local team, or just for fun ?

9. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

i ride just for kicks for the moment.. i want to build some background/experiance before i start racing.. i know some people that do this, and when the start off as a novice.. they blow everyone away and usually run times that the intermediates run.. and than you just end up getting bumped to a higher class.. which is nice of course :D

[​IMG]

10. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

lets see your setup.. whats the ducati like on the track?

i know some guys that run them, but they hate them.. i think one guy had a 996 or something like that.. said the 600s would smoke him, everywhich way

not that they hate the ride or anything.. its just the power and performance of a $8000 600 can pretty much take care of a stock ducati np

11. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

Sweet bike. I used to rock an xr 650l that was a big fun bike. I like yours better. How tall are you?

12. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

Do you guys ever worry about getting killed?

Sport bikes have always seemed scary as hell to me. Probably because so many of them have come within inches of eating the chrome off the bumper of my SUV. Around here, sport bikes are always swerving through traffic.

Guess maybe a track would be safer? Or maybe not since there's more than one bike on it at once?

Inquiring minds want to know. . .

13. Strapped

Strapped Well-Known Member

That bike is just SIIIIIICK!!!!!!! I'm jealous!

14. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

im not religious by any sorts.. but i have no fear of dieing what so ever, it's never crossed my mind once.

being on a track is as safe as it gets.. the only thing you have to worry about is your own error.. and or very rarly other riders, but people who race on the track.. they know when its safe to pass.. on the road, there are soooo many more variables, they're near unlimited

part of the reason i ride is for the sheer freedom you have vs a car.. i really can't stand driving a car at all, drives me nuts. but with that increased freedom comes increased exposure and risk. i am aware of the dangers and my surroundings.

riding is a huge part of my life, if you take that part away from me. your basically taking my life away

my .02$