1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My Insanity Week 1 Progress Pics...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by steven-c, Aug 9, 2010.

1. steven-c

steven-c Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.
    Sorry about the quality of the pics. I am learning how to take good photos still.

Here is my insanity week 1 results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

Wow. That's really good progress for one week. Especially from the side shots.

Keep posting your progress. I think a lot of us would be interested.

How are you liking Insanity? Have you been able to keep up? I hear it's brutal at first.

3. steven-c

insanity is the most difficult thing i have ever tried.
    The warmup is really a ten minutes workout in itself, and the program is structured so that people will in most cases not be able to do all the movements at first.

example, day four or five has you doing the same movements for an entire minute, instead of breaking it down.

usually it is movements that are 30 seconds long for three minute segments.
    when they make it a minute straight it starts to hurt. bad.

i cant stretch like some of them want me to, it burns my legs so much its crazy, but now my legs are like steel. never had them this hard before, and since i work on my legs thats great...

i also have seen my resting heart rate lower. thats nice.

i love the program, and hate it when i am doing it.
    i wanted to throw up for the first time after a workout, and i am keeping my heart rate around 78-95% of its max, so i guess that it works.

4. steven-c

Btw I've never tried to cut this hard... Never put this much effort into anything actually.

Is this good progress??!!

5. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

Is it good progress? Well, your stomach looks visibly smaller after the first pic. I'd say that's good progress for just over a few days.

6. CA$ON

CA$ON Active Member

Very good progress. Usually I don't see anything to major until the 3rd month or so.

7. steven-c

Oh, i should have specified it more... I am doing the 60 day insanity program, and I am dieting extremely agressively.

Yesterday was my "refeed" day where i basically didnt track anything, just watched that i wasnt eating fried garbage food.

I ate hawaiian pizza and some natural bannana nut gelato for dinner, and had some break and peanut butter at the end of the day..

i think that it ended up around 2000 calories, higher than i have been eating. there were also more carbs.

anyhow thats where i am at.

8. Azure

Azure Active Member

Whats with all the different threads in the same forum about Insanity?

9. vestigo

vestigo Well-Known Member

Me and my girlfriend finished up P90X a few weeks ago (with unbelievable results), and just started Insanity on Monday for a few weeks before our cruise, to cut a bit more. My legs never hated me so much in my life. We've been doing a zombie walk every day this week....

Since you've been at it a couple weeks now, have you noticed this constant muscle pain get better?

This is definitely the most intense workout I've ever done....