1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My First Progress thread, estimate my BF *pics*

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Matthew, May 1, 2005.

1. ltz

ltz Well-Known Member

You do realize that you can bulk and not end up looking like a body builder, right?

2. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Yessir, my plan exactly. I just don't want to bulk at a fast pace and put on fat with it. I want to add some muscle, I just don't really care how long it takes to get there... I really just want a more "toned" (i hate that word, but it basically describes it pretty well) look, which means cutting more fat off and adding just a bit more muscle.

Anyhow, I figured I'd add a back shot since I wanted to see what my back looks like...
    [​IMG]

3. French Spirit

French Spirit Well-Known Member

To look like an athlete you'll need to bulk, though maybe you can just not be as aggressive as others have. Anyway, good job!

4. Matthew

ding ding ding ding :)

5. rhyn

rhyn Well-Known Member

woah woah big difference and great progress...then I scroll down and see even more good progress, congrats! 1 of the pic looks like your square dancing :lol: anyway gj man keep it up.

6. Matthew

Thanks everyone, its been another two weeks and its time for more progress pics. It's been one month now since I started and once again I'd like your opinions; do you think I've added/lost muscle? I've obviously lost fat, and I think I've added some muscle though its hard to tell. My bicep measurement is a bit larger than it was before and my bicep is leaner, so thats a good indication of at least maintaining muscle.

Anyhow, enjoy some animations :)

Original pics taken on 5/1/05, new pics taken on 6/3/05.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please share with me your thoughts on what my goals should be or if you have ANY suggestions at all please make them. I am debating upping my calories to around 3000 (basically the least I think I would need to maintain) and continuing to lift heavy. Maybe SLOWLY add muscle and burn fat.

Two short-term goals:

July 26: trip to Keystone Colorado, might see some old friends I haven't seen in quite some time (8ish months).

August 26th: trip to Hilton Head Island, SC. The beach, the babes, the pool, etc... I would DEFINITELY like to be lean for this ;).

Thanks everyone :D.

Matt

#26 Matthew, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  7. jefe

jefe Well-Known Member

Great insperation! I'm 6'3, about 285, and built a lot like what you looked like in your first pic. Makes me realize what is capable. I've always said I'd be 6 months dead before I saw the other side of 200lbs, but you showed that doesn't have to be the case.

Keep up the good work!

8. Matthew

I'm probably weighing in just under 200lbs and have about 5lbs of fat to lose. If I lose that 5lbs of fat and gain 5lbs of muscle I think my physique will be pretty damn acceptable. I'm focusing on my chest right now as I think it is the most lacking and now my tris are finally becoming strong enough that I can actually work my chest :).

wanted to add that a 3 point caliper test put me at 7%, a 7 point caliper test put me at just over 9% (9.11% I think it was). I don't believe either of them, but at least it means pretty much undeniably that my BF% is going down, especially if I tested at 12+ % at the beginning of this with a 3 point :).

#28 Matthew, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  9. jlforbess

jlforbess Well-Known Member

Wow! You look awesome!

10. polyphony

polyphony Well-Known Member

Alright fine, I will say something:

:claphigh: :claphigh: :claphigh: Freaking way to go!!! :claphigh: :claphigh: :claphigh:

Gosh you are such an inspiration. Thankyouthankyouthankyou :tucool:

oh, edited to add,

that avatar is way off... :lol:

11. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

I'd reply with something nice and encouraging, but I'm too jealous right now. That is incredible progress.. and you have no loose skin! Dude.. you had some huge cankles in the first photo (I've been big all my life too hehe).. you look like you're in great shape now; no one seeing you with your shirt off will ever have a clue that you were once 'the big guy.'

:tucool:

12. JazzyJersey

JazzyJersey Well-Known Member

Excellent work. You're making outstanding progress.

13. mason

mason Well-Known Member

Great work, I'm jealous too. :)

14. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Wow, you're just zooming along ---- your body is obviously very responsive! Have a nice body frame too.

Looks like you'll be there before you know it.

Keep up the good work :)

15. thirtysomething

thirtysomething Well-Known Member

You are definitely beach-worthy :D Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer!

16. fosse

fosse Well-Known Member

hey great work keep it up, you will reach your targets in no time.

17. freddyaudiophile

freddyaudiophile Well-Known Member

Matt:

Some absolutely amazing progress man... I am really impressed with your back development! Keep up the good work...

Yet another amazing transformation revealed on JSF!

freddy