1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My Cutting Diet, Please critique it

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Blinkbear, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm 22, 6' and about 280lb. I've been at this point before in my life, wanting to lose weight. A few times, actually. This time last year I did this and lost 25 pounds. Of course I've since gained it all back and a little more.. but atleast I have a pretty good idea of how this all works. I jsut need to apply myself better.

This is made a little more difficult do to having to get up to be at work by 4am. So I'm spacing out 6 meals over the day starting at about 3am. I can't believe I'm stupid enoug hto force myself to get up at that hour, lol.

______

3AM- 4 Egg whites, 3 oz Chicken Breast, 2 slices WW Bread, 3 flax seed pills, ECA Stack (need the pick-me-up to start the day, heh), Multivitamin

6AM- 1.5 Scoops Nitrean in Water, 1/2 cup dry oats, 1 tbsp Natty PB, 1/2 Grapefruit

9AM- 1 Cup Brown Rice, 4 oz Chicken Breast

12PM- 1.5 scoops Nitrean, 1/2 cup dry oats, 1 tbsp natty pb, other 1/2 of grapefruit

3PM- 1 cup Broccoli, 4 oz Tilapia, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 cup Brown Rice, ECA Stack

Workout (MWF Lifting, Tu-Thur-Sat Cardio)

6PM- 1.5 Scoops Nitrean, 1 tbsp Natty PB

_______

I plugged all of this into Fitday and it's giving me these breakdowns.

2,508 Total Calories
    64.5g Fat
    232g Carbs
    238.2g Protein

The P/C/F ratio is 39/38/23

I'm kinda concerned about the calories maybe being a bit too low. Maybe sneak in a little more Nitrean? Right now I'm not too terribly concerned about losing some muscle, I have a fair amount. Obviously I wanna retain as much as I can but if a little gets lost by the wayside, so be it.

Any help at all with this would be appreciated. Thanks, all!

2. Blinkbear

After thinking about it a bit more... would it be better to swap the 3pm and 6pm meals? That way I'm eating after I workout, rather than before. Just a thought

3. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Looks pretty darn good to me....
    (Eventually you ill want to work in some variety...as that will increase the likelihood of sticking with it)

I say give it a week or two and see where you are at. If you are going in the right direction, stick to it. If not, tweak...but what you have is a terrific place to start...:nod:

4. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

I agree with Digi, I think it's a great start.

Are you able to work out?

5. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

I would swap 9am and 6pm meals to get some carbs as opposed to fats in post workout. Other than that perhaps have a little more broccoli with another meal. Good work. :)

6. Blinkbear

haha, ya I totally agree. But Chicken breast was $1.89/lb so that's what I went with for now. Plus, for me, it makes it simple right now for the first week atleast. But I'll definitely be adding some lean beef, tuna, turkey, etc... to keep from goin insane eating the same thing day in, day out.

Thanks, Digi!

Yup, sure can. Cardio days will be done in the AM sometime while lifting days will be somewhere around 4-5pm.

So could I then just add some Brocolli to my current 9am (chix/rice) and then swap them and call it a day? I've followed your progress for a long time, man. Your input is invaluable to me :)

thanks all of you!

#6 Blinkbear, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009