1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My current cut results ongoing...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Phoenix, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hi, all...
    I stumbled across johnstonefitness a while ago and finally got my act together and joined the forums. Good resource to have, and I honestly credit my progress to being inspired by jons meticulous approach to body recomposition/fat loss etc...

I live on the gold coast in australia and am 31yrs old. I have always been the fat one in the family with my weight bouncing up and down during my lifetime. Been in the gym off and on, I joined up last year and plan on sticking with it for the rest of my life now.

I am six weeks into a cutting cycle my first hardcore one I have ever done planning everything out like a scientific experiment. With me being the fat lazy guinea pig.

I have my maintenance level at around 3000cal/day and pretty much stick to around 2000cal/day now and have done that throughout this cutting cycle.
    I do cardio about 4-6 times a week from 30min to 1hr each session, cycling between HIIT, endurance, and HIT. Alternating between treadmill and bike. I always use incline on the treadmill with a speed of 8-12km/hr, otherwise I get bored with it. If I am not sweating and my heartrate is at least 70% then I feel like I am doing nothing at all.
    I was doing 2-3 workouts a week, compound movements. But now have cut back to 1 a week due to a bicept tendon inflamation. Not serious but I am being cautious I want it to heal up. Been bugging me for the last 3 or so weeks and my doc told me to just do one workout a week with 50% of what I normally lift, hoping it will be right in a couple of weeks. But as I am cutting and my legs good that is the main thing.

Ok so far I am now 6 weeks and 1 day into my cut, I have not lost any muscle mass and have not lost strength.
    My starting figures were 100.3kg/220lb, I am 5' 11" solid frame.
    After six weeks I was 91.9kg/202lb.
    This is an 8.4kg/18.48lb loss so far with an average weekly loss of 1.4kg/3.08lb.
    I really pleased with the figures and am not sure exactly what weight will give me the sixpack look I want but I am thinking mid to low 80's or around 180lb.

Here are my before and after pics, I will post a typical days diet as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Here is an example of a days diet

[​IMG]

I don't like eating bland so I add stuff in all the time so I don't get bored with what I eat. I try to use ingredients that are not unhealthy etc...
    I vary my carbs a bit lowering them for a couple of days then bumping them up, protein is always high and fat is pretty consistent, I drink craploads of water everyday. At least 3-4litres a day.
    I take green tea tabs, chromium picolinate, mega magnesium and that is about it.

I am hoping that by the 3 month mark I will be close to where I want to be. Don't know what my body fat % would be now I will try to get it done at the three month mark.

I have read a few transformation threads on this forum and am impressed by them. It has helped me get my arse into gear, if I can do this then anyone can.

Thanks for reading and I must appologise for my bear like hairyness that will be rectified for the three month mark as well.

3. calios1

calios1 Active Member

Awesome progress!

4. user786

user786 Active Member

:tucool:Awsome progress!! keep us posted .

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks man I have had to work really hard for it. It has taken me long enough :)

6. kaaud

kaaud Active Member

very nice progress ,never stop!!...

7. henderjr

henderjr Well-Known Member

Good job man! Keep it up! :nod:

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thank fellas, soon I will be the lightest I have been in about 7 to 8 yrs.

My legs are so sore from doing them on monday, so a day off today but I always find I drop of weight on off days as long as I stick to my eating plan.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Well time has continued to tick over, and I have just passed the 12 week/3 month mark in my endeavour to change myself for the better.

Well I started out at 100.3kgs/220lb and after 12 weeks I attained the weight of 85.3kgs/187.7lb.

Considering my goal was to loose about 1.2kgs a week I have come in at an average of 1.25kgs per week.
    15kgs/33lb gone and more to come.

I made it through xmas and new years pretty good, I had two binge days but continued to exercise through it.

Here are my pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty embarassing how one can let ones self go. So many years of neglect I still see so much work ahead of me but the results so far are motivating me. I feel so light. Have not been this weight since I was in my early twenties.
    This is not my full transformation as I was a lot heavier than 220lb a few yrs ago, once I get down further I will put up the full transformation pics.

Any guestimates of my bodyfat level at this moment around 15% ?

#9 Phoenix, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

On a side note.

One negative thing going on for me is that I think I have tendanosis in my right bicept. I have seen the doctor and done what he suggests high reps, and light weights using a arm sleeve, taking glucosamine but it is really slow to heal. Still annoys me, I can lift the weights ok and have started upping them again but it is still noticable after a workout.

It does not give me great pain but I still notice it is there and feels a bit uncomfortable. I might have to go back to the doc and get an mri done on it to check it out further.

I hope it gets sorted soon as I really wanna bulk up after I fully cut down and this injury will stand in my way.

Anyone had a similiar experience?

Thanks for listening anyways.

11. a4kenny

a4kenny Active Member

looks good ! great progress ! and it looks like you're growing more hair too !:D

keep up the good work.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Took a while to clipper the hair off my back but it does feel better now we are into the summer season.

13. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Awesome transformation fella. :) KUTGW

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Well it has certainly been a while since I updated this. Been a bit slack, not with my diet and progress at least. Here are a few pics to show what I have accomplished in the last few months.

First up Progress from 3 months to 6 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

A couple of pics from 6 Months to 7 Months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#15 Phoenix, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Finally a pic to show my overall progress so far.

[​IMG]

It has not been all smooth sailing had a couple of bouts of sickness some major major cheat days but they were all necessary hurdles to prove to me that I have really cemented in this new way of life for myself.

I am still leaning out more and will get 8 Month pics on Monday. Getting closer to my goal.
    I am very confident with my diet and my body is doing exactly what I want it to do, I can now actually forcast my projected results depending on what I choose to eat and how I plan out my meals etc..
    I am completely against sacrificing taste from food and eat a variety of things and no low fat crap. One of my pet hates.
    Had a knee ache develop from all the running I guess so I switched to more bike and fast paced walking. I am still taking my normal supps and have stumbled across a great all natural product which is helping my recovery time, health, energy levels and aches and pains have gone. Once I get a small website up I will post a link to information about it.

Thanks for viewing my thread and I can say I have never felt this good ever in my whole life and this happy. There have been a few times I have seen myself in a mirror and turned around to see who is behind me only to realise that it is me in the mirror. Pretty crazy I know.

#16 Phoenix, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  17. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Great progress! Congratulations! :claphigh:

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Oh forgot to mention total weight lost so far is 26.7kg/58.7lb. I know I don't have to much more to go.

19. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

That's great progress! You should be very proud. :tu:

20. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Wow! That is so amazing! Way to go, Phoenix! :claplow: