1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My basement gym (Not exactly MTV Cribs)

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Kevinp, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Kevinp

Kevinp Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Since I'm too shy to post pictures of myself just yet, I thought I'd share some shots of the basement gym that I set up. This is where it is all going to happen!

[​IMG]

I bought the flat/incline/decline bench used at Play it Again Sports for $60. It came with a curl attachment. Here is a close-up of that:

[​IMG]

Here it is flat. Can anyone identify what brand it might be? There are no brand markings. Just a customer service phone number that has been disconnected. I had hoped to see if they had a leg developer attachment.

[​IMG]

We had an old mirror that I set up for motivation. I hope to see major changes in the months ahead.

[​IMG]

Here is a close-up of my dumbbell collection. I had the black 10s. I bought the 15, 20, 25 at K-mart. Thanks for someone posting that they were on sale. I bought the 30 and 35 from a local weightlifter shop. The flooring came from BJ's Wholesale club. I think it was $2 for each 2'x2' tile. You can also see my Kreitler rollers and bike. I've had the rollers for a while and have just re-discovered them. Anyone else use them?

[​IMG]

My ceilings are very low at 78 inches. There is no way I could fit a cage. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at this Multi-Press Rack from BodySolid. Wish that was me in the photo.

[​IMG]

Kevinp

:db:

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Very cool room man, I really like the walls. :tu:

That really sucks about the low ceiling. I think that BodySolid multi-press would be perfect considering your height restrictions. That's what I'd get for sure.

3. Duckman

Duckman Well-Known Member

Don't use that mirror only to see how purdy you get - use it to make sure you do your excercises the right way...seriously, that's very important if you haven't done any weightlifting before.

Anyway, good luck and stay motivated!

4. Bunko

Bunko Well-Known Member

Kreitler rollers are the best rollers you can get. I also have them. Nowadays I use my Cateye Cyclosimulator more but I have to say, once a Kreitler fan, always a Kreitler fan :)

5. Sheepish

Sheepish Well-Known Member

That rack is great, I have that and an incline/decline bench (also Body Solid). It's pretty sturdy stuff for the price, unless you're a world class powerlifter you shouldn't max it out in the next few years! :)

6. imsuxok?

imsuxok? Well-Known Member

What are the rollers used for? I've never seen exercise equipment like that before.

7. Bunko

Bunko Well-Known Member

You take a regular bike and ride it on them. It is like riding in place rather than outside. Since the bike is usually not firmly attached to the rollers, you can ride off them easily. It takes a while to get used to, first it feels like you are riding on ice :)

8. killer bee

killer bee Well-Known Member

hey - looks like the start of a nice set up; the bench looks exactly like my Marcy bench