1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

My 90 Day Progress Pic

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by douglasstclair, Apr 9, 2011.

1. douglasstclair

douglasstclair Active Member

90 days in. I hit the 40lb loss mark about 10 days ago, and then caught a cold which totally stalled my momentum. I'm now hovering around the 38lb loss mark, and am starting to get my endurance back to normal (I'm a wuss when it comes to colds... they kick my butt). I'm posting a progess pic in hopes of re-inspiring myself as the weather starts to break up here in NY. Hovering around 70 degrees the next couple days... time to go trail running! Happy summer everyone! Doug

[​IMG]

2. user786

user786 Active Member

:tucool:Aswome progress for a short period of time.
    Care to share your diet training / cardio details .?:)

3. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Great progress! Those of us here know the hard work and discipline that takes. Keep up the good work.

Interesting how your hair hasn't grown a bit in 90 days. :lol:

4. douglasstclair

I can only assume you're not referring to my back hair. :rolleyes: I probably hold the exclusive rights to a cutting progress pic where there's an INCREASE in body hair as time goes on. I will never reveal how I accomplished such a feat.

Diet... clean protein, low gi-carbs, good fats. Calorie breakdown is 44% Protein, 36% Carbs, 20% Fat. The only "sugar" I have is 1 measured cup of all-juice blueberry/cranberry/apple during my workout (watered down 3 to 1). I was taking in 2200 calories/day (6'3", 215 lbs) for the first 80 days, but I'm now slowing upping this.

Meals...
    Egg beaters, red potatoes, pb
    Steel cut oats prepped with water, pb
    Chicken hash: chicken and red potatoes shredded with UDO's Oil
    Tilapia with wilted spinach
    Shrimp and brown rice
    Fruit Juice during workout
    1 Serving O.N. Whey Gold post workout
    Steak and broccoli

6 times a week I get up and do some fasted cardio on the treadmill. I use a 30 min interval routine, that alternates intensity every 3 mins. Currently I'm doing 5.8 speed with 3 incline / 3.8 speed with 1 incline. Enough to get my heart going and build a sweat.

I'm weight training about 4 nights a week. I have 4 main routines: chest/back, tricep/bicep, lower body (all machines... I have an ongoing lower back issue), shoulders/delts. I perform each exercise somewhere between 15-20 reps, move on to the next, and then repeat all exercises 4 times. Other than the lower body workout, I "fill" a day between workout days with either an ab or pilates routine. I've really learned to push myself - either upping the weight or squeezing out 2 or 3 more movements. By the end of the 3rd set I'm fairly spent, and the only way I can push through the 4th is knowing that it's all I have left. I'm finding more and more that even 1 day rest is sometimes pushing it between some of the routines.

Having said all that, I'm just starting to transition into a new routine. I have a trail that I run, that's about 2.5 miles with a huge up/down climb for the 1st half, and a slow up/down drop on the return. It kicks your butt right out of the gate... but there's enough ups and downs where you can almost constantly push yourself. Much more fun than a hamster routine in the basement. It's still too dark to do this early in the morning, so for now I'm hitting it after work every other day.

I'm also seriously debating building a workout area in my backyard... as in dip bars, chin up bars, and maybe a rope climb. The pic above is taken from my workout room in the basement (nicknamed "the cage"), and right outside its window is a treed-in area next to a creek. I think it would be really fun to blare some music, open the window up, and split routines from inside and outside during the summer months. There goes the neighborhood. :D

Doug

#4 douglasstclair, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. donaldmag

donaldmag Active Member

Are you 215 in the before or after pic? I'm guessing the after. 215 minus 40 is 175 and that sounds light for 6-3.

6. douglasstclair

My current weight is 215, and my starting weight was 255.2. I think I will only see 175 lbs one time in my life, and that happened a little over 20 years ago.

I'm right at my original goal weight, but now I'm thinking I'd like to see 205 or even 200. A little ironic... it's a lot easier to get motivated about getting fit at 215 than it is at 255.

7. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Awesome progress! Keep this up and John might make you as the feature of the month!:nod:

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Fantastic progress, especially in such a short time! :tucool:

9. rollcast

rollcast Active Member

Dude. That is flat out impressive!! Very inspirational!! Are you using any other supplements besides the ON?

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

very nice job. :tu:

11. douglasstclair

For days 1-70 the only supplements I was taking were the serving of ON Gold Standard Whey post workout and a multivitamin (One a Day Men's Pro Edge) with breakfast. On day 70 I started taking a single serving (rounded teaspoon) of ON's Unflavored Creatine each day, mixed in the my workout juice cocktail. I kept this up for 4 weeks.

I'm coming toward the end of a 2-week break (36th birthday on Saturday will mark the end)... and then will start up again 100%. Looking forward to pushing ahead!

12. Eye-Licker

Eye-Licker Member

if i understood you correctly you forewent the loading phase, mate. if you go straight on a 5g maintenance it will take a little over 2 weeks before the creatine starts yielding results, and then you'll only have about 12 days to fully utilize the creatine before you need to flush. i would recommend loading for 4 days, at 20g a day divided into four servings to saturate your reserves. and then when you go into maintenance, take the creatine pre-workout, not after. :tu:

great results by the way! a lot of people never bother getting into shape because they think it's such a lengthy process, but you really can see results quite fast (especially since the first two months are usually the ones where you'll see the most drastic week to week improvement).
    keep up the good work.