1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Muscular women - sexy or ugly??

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Danielle, Feb 18, 2004.

?

The most attractive women are the ones who have a body like....

1. A serious bodybuilder...totally ripped...maximum muscle visible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very muscular, ripped, but not bulging

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Softer, lean definition

122 vote(s)
    69.3%
  4. Lean but no pronounced muscle definition visible

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. wolfhalen

wolfhalen Well-Known Member

Pretty much no one is attracted to the huge steroid freaks. That is just something that is done in the extremes of pro body building. Everyone "normal" thinks it looks strange, for women or men.

I have also seen those female bodybuilders with the huge striated pecs, with breast implants stapled on to them. lol It's an image that still haunts me.

BTW Danielle I saw your pics, and your muscle definition looks good, your not getting butch or anything if that's what you are worried about. :)

2. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

I seriously dig muscles on women. I'd take Serena Williams over Anna Kournikova any day.

As long as it doesnt diminish their femininity, strength in a woman is dead sexy.

I think it takes a certain kind of man, one who is confident in his sexuality, to feel that way. I believe many (if not most) men require a woman to be fragile just so they can feel more masculine.

#22 fluke, Feb 19, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  3. djerickd

djerickd Well-Known Member

AGREED :tu:

4. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Sorry, too much psychobabble for me. Perhaps it's just that some men just happen to be attracted to more "feminine" women, while some are not?

5. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

Variety is the spice of life. I appreciate all the different body types even the harcore bodybuilders - it took those ladies a lot of work to get as big/ripped as they are. Preferences? All of the above with limitations on the hardcore bodybuilding gals. I would need to see her in the offseason, esp since they don't stay that lean year round.

6. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

Oh crap, its the man himself! :bow:

Let me backtrack and talk myself out of this.

We have a different deffinition of what 'feminine' is. It can be chalked up to taste, and I did not mean to imply that mine was superior.

We all, as men, want to be more masculine then our women. Bigger, stronger, faster. This is how we fill the role of being the protector, part of what a man is. Now I can appriciate a strong woman, but I still do need to be bigger and stronger. So really there is no difference.

Also, while I like muscular women, I am also certainly attracted to the more average toned woman. However, this thread is about the sexyness of muscular chicks, and the limits thereof.
    _____
    Thinking about it this more, there is a certain natural breast size to bicep ratio that can be quantified, I am sure. One could also have too much of both (like Chyna). Serena Williams has hit the sweet spot; all natrual, very muscular, very sexy.

7. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I respectfully disagree. Serena Williams is definitely more athletic than I will ever be. Yes, I wrestled in high school and I'm a basketball nut, but I wouldn't compare myself to a pro athlete. Having said that, I would date Serena W. in a heartbeat. Do I have to be bigger, stronger, faster? Nope. Would I be willing to lay my body on the line to protect her? Yes. This is being a man/protector (IMHO). To each their own.

8. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

You're right. I suppose at that point strength becomes less an issue for a protector, and I do not need dominance. Still, I wouldnt want her to see me as weak.

So its ok if she beat me at arm wrestling.

But I dont want it to be easy for her.

However, this is a combination of her being a pro athlete, and me not being in top form. In six months time, I expect to be big enough that a woman as strong as me would be too built to be attractive.

#28 fluke, Feb 19, 2004
  9. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Ok, knock it off. :p

I've always like slight, small-framed women, and I felt that way long before I had any kind of cognizant or even subconscious desire to be The Protector. I think what you described in your earlier post exists, certainly, but I also think most people just simply find themselves attracted to a certain body type (or types) - "hard-wired".

This is somewhat analogous to what kind of body you would like for yourself. Me, I like a lean muscular physique and don't care for the bulked up body builder look. Why is that? Dunno - it's just what I like.

10. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

If I wanted my women to look like men I'd just be gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

11. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with what you grew up with and what you have been brought up believing in reguards to what is "feminine" or "beautiful". If my mother and sister were big, bulked up body builders, then I would be attracted to that. But their not- So I have a different image of what a companion should be, what a woman "should" look like.

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I'm not touching this one, folks...

13. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

I can hear the banjos now.

Andrew.

14. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

Very much true. And if your mom and sister were the only women around, you might very well seek out a woman who is similar.

But many of us are now products of the age of suburbs and TV, and are subjected to all kinds of femininity.

Personally, I find myself attracted to women who are very different then my mother and sister. In fact, the farther the better. (This is, in part, due to their character).

15. wolfhalen

wolfhalen Well-Known Member

Sounds a little bit narcissist to me fluke :)

That last paragraph really comes off as "I am the only man secure enough to be with a woman who can bench press more than me"

:rolleyes:

16. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

You know what I meant.
    Whoever your mother figure was growing up. If you were adopted by a black family and you were white, then you would probably end up marrying a black person. Like when you picture someone youve only ever talked to on the phone. You make up in your mind what he/she looks like.
    I think thats why you are seeing more and more mixed couples. Not necessarily because racism is going away, but because people are mixing more and more. Schools have more races and ethnic backgrounds so people are growing up with different looking people.

#36 Fudgam, Feb 19, 2004
  17. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

Your ideals are formed by society. While a mother and a sister may certainly be some key actors in that society, in the 20th and now 21st century, now allow for mass communication, and allow you to see all types of people.

As far as mixed couples, in the past, assuming you are refering to black/white mixed couples, white people and black people were much more divided in society, and as racism, and legislation to prevent racism has passed these people have been more acessible to each other.

According to freud , men look for women similar to their mothers PERSONALITY traits, not appearance. So to say that if a whtie guy was adopted by a black family, he would like black people, i think your making a generalization that is far too broad, to be close to accurate. Perhaps if his mother was independent, he would look for an independent woman, etc. More often than not however, its common for people to have homogenous relationships, atleast in the erotic sense.

18. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

19. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

fluke, After that comment, I had to look up Serena Williams.

She has gorgeous biceps. :tu:

But you're saying she wouldn't be as attractive to you without the good-sized breasts.

I'm glad I'm twenty pounds lighter than I was two years ago, but I miss my 38Cs!

About eight years ago, I told my then fiance that I couldn't marry him if he was lighter than I was. It was supposed to be a joke. Just as a man doesn't want a woman to overpower him, a woman doesn't want her husband to be a 98 pound weakling either.

Anyway, since then, I've lost more than thirty pounds, and he's gained about fifty. :rolleyes:

20. dingo

dingo Well-Known Member

I'm a visual learner... :p

Could you post examples of your 4 categories? Names won't do, as their bodies change all the time... :confused: