1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle cramps

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by jcarson702, May 12, 2015.

1. jcarson702

jcarson702 Active Member

Hey gang from time to time I experience bad muscle cramps in places I didnt know I had muscles.

Oblique areas, back/lat area, forearms and toes.

I know a big part of this hydration but last night at work a drank about 2 gallons of water but still cramp up.

I ate an avocado and a banana with lunch last night but still!

Any feedback?

BTW I have tried to track them and see if a pattern has developed maybe in regard to eating etc. but they are totally random.

My job is pretty demanding I work 13-15 hours a day and it is pretty physical but there are days where there are no cramps and then last night in the shower before work I was shaving and my forearm just cramp up and this is after 4 days off.

#1 jcarson702, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Could be any or all of sodium, potassium and magnesium. What's your diet look like?

3. jcarson702

jcarson702 Active Member

Clean chicken and fish every veg available at my walmart fruits mostly watermelon bananas and avocados, almonds cashews, eggs, olive and coconut oils.

I eat 4 times a day with some snacking on nuts and fruits.

Whats worse is that I woke with this again last night and at work it was real bad neck muscles calves and thighs and my hamstrings, it was so bad.

I did notice dehydration last night I almost drank 3 gallons of water last night.

I drank some pedialyte about an hour ago and juiced some watermelon cucumber and celery and the thirst is diminishing.

Gonna get some rest and see how it goes when I wake up.

4. jcarson702

jcarson702 Active Member

Woke up fresh last night, I don't know if was the sleep issue but after a couple bottle of pedialyte I am no longer dehydrated and cramps have subsided.

Work was good drank about a gallon of water with a quart of pedialyte.