1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle Beach

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by leftyx, Dec 3, 2014.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Doing good.

Keep away from the cheat meals and you'll see the numbers head the way you want.

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I like your table.

Anytime you decrease measurements in the waist, while you are gaining weight, is usually a good thing.

3. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Thanks Mac. It's tough to go full out like that. But I do like seeing the results. And with your and other's encouragement I'll make it. And it's nice that my wife doesn't ask to go out ever anymore. She just cooks and makes healthy meals.

Thanks about the tables., It's easy now that John showed me how, and the guys here.

And I'm hoping it's a trend.

4. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 17, 2015

I missed a workout yesterday. I was going to a new doctor and had to travel. I was thinking of going today but the call of teh ocean was too strong today. I'll hit the gym again tomorrow. I'll also play tennis tomorrow as well.

Eating has been on point. I'm looking to keep it that way.

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 18, 2015

Workout day today. Had a back and chest workout. I still have a bit of form to work out (no pun intended. :bb: .)

No tennis today as the courts were too wet to play. Plus I overslept.

Eating today is a bit over in the carbs, 128 gms CARB but still 190 gms PRO and 59 gms FAT.

No workout tomorrow. And no tennis. Looks like it's going to be a lazy day.

6. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

Two straight days of no tennis? :cry:

7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 20, 2015

Workout today went well. I hit all my target wghts and reps. Eating has been on point. I've been consistently at about 100 carbs a day, 200 pro, and 60 fat. Numb3rz tomorrow.

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 21, 2015

Numb3rz

Column1Column2Column3
    measureprevcurrent
    weight151. 0151.6
    waist 37.036.75
    hips 36.2536.75
    bodyfat% 20.321.2
    bicep 13.2513
    thigh 20.520.75

Kind of a mixed bag of a week. Weight and body fat % are up. Waist is down. Also bicep is down. Must be measurement anomalies. Anyway I had a good week exercise and nutritionaly. I'm happy with it.

9. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 24, 2015

Workout yesterday was first leg day in 2 weeks. Surprisingly easy. Maybe I need to increase some of the leg extentions and curls. Rasied 1/4 hack squats by 50 lbs. Added some calf raises to up the workout time a bit.
    Eating is on point except I ate a few too many pita chips while I watched Better Call Saul.

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 27, 2015

Workout today was great. Hit all weights and reps and sets. Especially good form on the Military Press, and the Standing Bicep Curls. No problems on the other exercises as well.
    Eating this week has been nearly perfect. Almost 100 carbs every day, and 200 pro and 60 fat. But I'm not expecting a big change on measurements day tomorrow. We'll see.
    Dinner tonight is teriyaki chicken tenders, quinoa, and side ceasar salad. Crossed fingers for tomorrow.

11. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 28, 2015

Numb3rz

Column1Column2Column3
    measurepreviouscurrent
    Weight 151.6 153.0
    Waist 36.75 37.75
    Hips 36.75 36.75
    Body Fat % 21.2 21.2
    Bicep 13 13
    Thigh 20.75 21.0

This was totally unexpected. I was sure I was making progress. I don't feel fatter. Maybe I misjudged.
    One thing I know is I'll have to start measuring my "snacks." About once a day I "cave" and grab a bag of something crunchy and just munch. Usually I guestimate how much I've eaten. This week I"ll definitely measure before I snack. Maybe eating a bag of pita chips in 2 days is why I completely undermeasure my snacks.
    Other than that I only played one day of tennis this week.
    Truthfully I had the best week in a long time nutrtitionaly. I practically nuked the carbs and had no cheat meals. And to see my waist go up an inch rocked me.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry you didn't see the progress you were expecting. Keep at it; you know what to do.

13. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

If you keep putting in the good days like this results will surely follow. It's always weird when the measurements don't bear it out but consistency and effort do eventually pay off. Really nice work!

14. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    If there are seven crackers in a serving, I measure that amount and put them in individual bags... so there's never the temptation to oversnack.

15. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Mar 6, 2015

Thanks guys for following. I've begun measuring snacks and accounting for them in my daily macros.

Workouts Mon, Wed, and Fri. Tennis Tue, Fri, and tomorrow (if it doesn't rain.)

Eating is all good except for Wed night wedding anniversary dinner. Went for Mexican food.

Really starting to get the Health For Life program together. It's their workout plan adapted for my schedule.

I've really upped my level of tennis in the last 3 months. I've learned a lot about doubles and have been playing really well.

Numb3rz tomorrow.

16. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Mar 7, 2015

Numb3rz

Column1Column2Column3
    measure prev current
    weight 153 150.2
    waist 37.75 37.5
    bodyfat% 21.2 20.3
    bicep 13 13.25
    thigh 21 20.75

Well, I guess it was time for a turnaround. All measures are better today. I guess it's a good idea to have panckaes for breakfast the day before I measure. ??? Maybe a refeed makes a difference? I guess I should expect another admonishment from you know who.
    But seriously I've been doing the work consistently and it's good to see some confirmation. One caveat, I measured today at 7:30am and last week I measured around 10:30am.

17. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Great numbers.:) Congratulations, hard work is paying off.

18. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Thanks Shamie. It feels good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

19. Bradley326

Bradley326 Active Member

Nice progress. It's funny how seemingly erratic and random weights/measurements can be. It's also funny how it often seems like a stop/slowdown in progress is followed by a dramatic improvement out of the blue.

20. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Mar 11, 2015

Thanks Bradley. I wrote a longer comment but my Nexus 7 ate it.

Going away for a week to Scottsdale, AZ. My wife is optimistic about working out at the hotel, but I'm not so much. We'll see.

Since I'm writing this here, maybe I'll keep to portion control and good choices.