1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle Beach

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by leftyx, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Nice improvements this week.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice numbers Leftyx. Enjoy the party.

3. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Very nice progress!

4. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 2, 2015

Well the weekend went well. The party we were invited to was a lot of fun with some interesting people. Everyone was joking about how old we all were. But there were some of the first teenagers ( relatives of the host) that I've seen here, not counting my daughter and her friends who just visited.

Today I played 90 minutes of tennis and went to the gym afterwards and did a quick leg workout. My left knee keeps popping with every squat I do. I may have to stop squatting. We'll see.

Eating today was perfect except that we're going to a dinner tonight and the menu is surf and turf with all the trimmings. I'll try to be good but I'll proabably have to consider this my high carb day. Unless I stick to the surf and turf with no trimmings. We'll see.

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 4, 2015

The surf and turf dinner the other night was great. All protein and very little fat. Very very low carbs. Except for teh bottle of wine my wife and I killed. It was BYOB.

Worked out today. Back and chest. I went up on all weights. And I continued getting stronger on the close grip pull ups.

I also played 90 minutes of tennis this morning and have another game scheduled tomorrow morning as well.

Eating was a bit of a problem today. Notwithstanding John's rant about pancakes and syrup, I took my wife to breakfast at Denny's. I was sorry as soon as I hit the gym. I felt like throwing up. And if it's not TMI, I was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes twice after my workout.

Until that time.

6. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

Still so jealous.

//This hasn't been a good morning reading the journals -- this is the second time I've read something I've been jelly of. I think I'm turning into a teenage girl. :confused:

7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

[quote name="leftyx" post=915447]I also played 90 minutes of tennis this morning and have another game scheduled tomorrow morning as well.[/QUOTE]<br />
    <br />
    Still so jealous.<br />
    <br />
    //This hasn't been a good morning reading the journals -- this is the second time I've read soxxxmething I've been jelly of. I think I'm turning into a teenage girl. :confused:<br/>
    Don't be "jelly", sign up for some indoor court time and hit some balls. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

8. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

Oh, how I wish I had ready access to indoor courts. :cry: The closest are about 45 minutes south. Actually, a few friends of mine (retired or have jobs with way more freedom) go down there once a week or so for a "mixer" kind of thing. Pay a specific fee (reasonable) and they pair you up for a doubles match, then you switch up. Two hours. You meet new folks and get some good tennis in. It's mostly 4.0 level folks, from what I'm told.

I need to just take some Friday off and go with 'em. :nod:

9. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

That mixer thing looks like a great deal. I actually started back playing tennis by going to some Saturday night round robins. First you meet some people and then you can network into a regular game, team tennis, or find a doubles partner. It's a great way to get in some court time during the long winter.

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 7, 2015

Numb3rz

weight 149.8 -1.2
    waist 37.25 NC
    hips 36.5 NC
    bodyfat% 20.3 NC
    bicep 13.25 NC
    thigh 20.5 -.25

Lost over a lb this week, but no change in measurements. I believe things will shake out in the end. I feel I'm on the right track.

Went to the gym yesterday. Had a good delts, bis, and tris day. I feel I'm finally getting to the real weight that pushes me. I still have to work on form some more.

Eating has been alright the last few days, after eating too much earlier in the week. Too much as in pancakes with butter and syrup breakfast on Wednesday.

#90 leftyx, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  11. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

:tu:

12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Are you the one who John Stone spoke about in his update earlier this week, who complains they can't lose weight but eats pancakes & syrup. :lol:

13. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Heh heh, could be. I only did that to fill up on carbs for one meal, as I am going low carb the rest of my meals of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 9, 2015

Eating this weekend was entirely on point.

Today was leg day at the gym. Keeping to the principles of kinesiology, that I am learning, my workouts are short and sweet. I am still adjusting weights to my ability to provide resistance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Things keep going in the right direction around here :nod:

16. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

That's good to hear. Especially from someone as experienced as you. Thank you.

17. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 11, 2015

Workout today. Back and chest. Still working out the form of the exercises.

Also played tennis for 90 minutes this morning.

Eating is expected to be on point except that it will be more carbs than I'd like but I already planned all my meals and that's that.

18. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 12, 2015

Column1Column2Column3
    nameagepoints
    Zen 145 0
    Wh0 2 $
    M@ 15 10^34
    John 104 -10

woohoo!

I'll use this in my weekly Numb3rz posting.

19. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 13, 2015

Workout today was Delts, bi, and tri. I actually finished in under 20 minutes. One reason was 25 second rests between sets. And supersetting mil press and upward pulley rows. And since it was so quick I added some weighted assisted dips and some treadmill walking.
    Don't know if you all celebrate Valentine's Day but I was out runnig around getting a card and present. Worn out. We'll see how it pays off. :nod:
    Numb3rz tomorrow.

20. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Feb 14, 2015

Numb3rz

Column1Column2Column3
    measureprevcurrent
    weight 149.8 151. 0
    waist 37.25 37.0
    hips 36.5 36.25
    bodyfat% 20.3 20.3
    bicep 13.25 13.25
    thigh 20.5 20.5

Not bad for the week. Gained 1.2lbs. Lost 1/4inch on my waist. I can't say I notice a difference, but I hope it's a trend. No real cheat meals this week, except maybe eating too many carbs one day in snacks. Workouts were really good and getting more technically correct every week. And I played tennis 3 days this week.