1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle Beach

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by leftyx, Dec 3, 2014.

1. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 8, 2014

Weekend was about 80/20. 80 good/20 not so much. That was for eating.
    Went to the gym today and went up in all lifts. As expected since it's a new program I'm starting easy.

Thanks about the house Seltzer and Shamie and Macdiver.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 13, 2014

I haven't post up my stats yet here on JSF. I was hoping there was a table function in the post editor. Still keeping track on pencil and paper.
    In general notihing has changec since starting this new program based on Aram's workout and slight increase (200 cals) in daily nutrition.

3. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 15, 2014

I wrote a long post but it got deleted. Oh well, it was all about me so, no problema.

I did mention my wonderful wife has deferred to me in all nutrition choices.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's great that she's on board.

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

The second Dec 15 this year, ahem...see my previous post.
    Worked out in under 20 minutes. It's unusual for Aram's programs to be so short. Three exercises, with 2 or 3 sets of 6 reps, plus warm up sets and cool down sets were all I did. When I trained with Aram I remember workouts were tougher. But I'm doing this 8 week plan and I'll see what happens.
    Eating is going well. I've sort of decided to drop carbs by 33%. According to Aram this should help, and I believe I get 2 carb loading days.
    I'm not trying to post any responsibliity on Aram for this, but I want him to get any credit due from my progress.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Happy Chanukah Jordan!

7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Same here

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 18, 2015

Workout yesterday was a toughie. Leg day always is a challenge to me. But it's oh so satisfying to finish. A bit sore today, but that too will pass. Also played tennis yesterday morning.
    Playing tennis again tomorrow and have an upper body workout afterwards.
    And then Numb3rz on Saturday. :D

I've unofficially cut down on carbs. I cut out one piece of bread at breakfast. Also cut out dextrose in night time shake. But I haven't added in any carb loading. Supposed to add 2 carb loads a week. I don't know if that's considered a day or a meal of added carbs. I suppose I could ask Aram but I don't want to be bugging him without paying him as this is his job. So I'll see if cutting out 33% of carbs a day helps me fight the fat as well as build muscle.

Latkes aren't helping any but I count the carbs in daily totals. Meh. We'll see.

9. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 20, 2014

Worked out yesterday. Upper body including rack pulls. My lower back is a bit sore today.
    I ate breakfast at Denny's yesterday as my carb-up meal/day. I ended up doubling my daily level of carbs for the day.
    Numb3rz today were average. Exactly average as in the exact same as lat week. If JSF had a tables function I would post weekly Nube3rz, but no dice.
    Four weeks down on the 8 week program for endomorphs. After this I'll have to do a cut back to 1600 calories a day. And I'll find a new workout.

10. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

:scared: Best thing about cardio, is that it lets you eat more calories.

11. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

That may be true but I added weight the last 8 weeks. Maybe I'll add more tennis.

12. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 23, 2014

Worked out yesterday. And played tennis. Am playing again tomorrow, and going to the gym.
    Eating has been very good. Keeping to 100 gms. of carbs a day. Almost half of the 167 gms of protein I'm eating. Even had room for a couple of relaxing rum and cokes tonight. Mmm

13. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 26, 2014

Going to teh gym today. I believe I have only missed one workout in the last 5 weeks. Adding weight every week to all exercises each day. I haven't hit my maximum yet. :bb:

I've played tennis every day this week except Tuesday. And I'll probably play tomorrow.

Numb3rz tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've been cheating a bit on eating htis week. :rolleyes:

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You're ending the year in fine fashion!

15. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Dec 27, 2014

Worked out yesterday. Concerned I'm overworking my lower back. My lower back was ver sore this morning. I'm doing M/Snatch Grip Deadlift, W/Stiff Leg Deadlift, F/Rack Pulls. I read recently that bigger muscles (i.e. legs, lower back, etc.) should only be worked once a week to let them recover. Otherwise they don't recover enough in such a short time.

Eating is good. I'm eating almost 200 gms of Protein, 100 gms of Carbs, and 60 gms of Fat, a day. I'd like to add two 200 carb days but I can never remember when I ate carbs. I guess I need some sort of way to keep track.

I lost .6 lbs this week with no change in any measurements. Hopefully I lost fat, not muscle.

16. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That is 1,740 calories. You are eating almost exactly 1/2 of what I eat. :confused: I am getting hungry just thinking of that level of calories.

Hope your back feels better. I think that is good advice, compound lifts are only once a week.

17. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Thats just about right. "If you're hungry and you know it, eat a snack." Just a TV jingle for weight watchers. Apply where necessary. :nono:

Thanks about my back. I'm supposed to do 8 weeks of this workout but I think I will stop after tomorrow. I need to find something to start the new year.

18. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Jan 1, 2015

First of all Happy Continuous Year's Fitness to all JSF friends. And Happy 2015 to all embarking on new plans.

I am starting a new workout plan during the next few days. I've decided to believe in what I learned and create my own workout plan based on the principles I learned in Secrets of Advanced Body Builder's text book. I know I've wrote about this plan before. I spent many weeks practicing the tenets and have decided to go for it.

Eating is going to be my same plan as before. The plan is to do a 200/100/60 split of P/C/F.

I'll be flexible as I learn what works best for my body.

I'll trust my gut that I can do this on my own.

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Wishing you a great 2015!

20. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Have a great 2015.

What is the routine that you've come up with?