1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycle Forum

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Doubleoqueso, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Can anyone recommend a forum that would be good for an owner of a 1974 Honda CB125s? Any other bike enthusiasts here? I got this little CB125 to cure my motorcycle cravings until I can pay off my car and save up for another Suzuki GS500E (my FAVORITE bike :D).

2. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Whassup rider! :tucool:

This is the best general Honda bike forum I've found: http://www.hondabikes.net/. Got a lot of good info on there for parts/repair/upgrades on my last two honda bikes.

The other bike forums I'm on are specific to the model so they wouldn't help with your 125.

Ride safe. :)

3. Doubleoqueso

Awesome, I'll check that out, thanks :)

4. RODRIGUEZ

RODRIGUEZ Active Member

Hey what's up you guys and gals, now you have hit my sweet spot all in one fitness and bikes.
    I have a couple of gsxr's and usually go to gixxer.com or thumpertalk.com alot of great people on both and lots of info.
    Do you have that cb all original? M@ what kind of bike do ride?

5. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Got a VTX1300S at the moment. I'm debating whether to start customizing it up or just saving the money for the future HD purchase.

[​IMG]

6. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

:drool: Mod it out. Harley's are overrated and they handle like a schoolbus compared to the VTX. If you want something bigger, check out the Kawi Mean Streak 1500 or the Triumph Rocket III. The Harley guys will be JEALOUS.

I tried to get my wife to agree to trade in the 2 Rebels and my Vulcan 750 on a VTX1300, but she'd have none of it. I've been meaning to sell them for awhile, just can't get motivated to take pics and put 'em on ebay. I just don't like Honda's stock seats - have get a corbin or the Airhawk. That's the downside of losing weight - less padding.

7. Doubleoqueso

100% original right now, only 3,000 miles. Going to be replacing the brake shoes and pads, maybe the mirrors, and giving it a good polishing :)

A 125 will do in the absence of any other bike :D

8. RODRIGUEZ

RODRIGUEZ Active Member

Beautiful bike M@ ,it must ride smooth with that shaft drive, but didn't you already started customizing? The head light the handlebar or that's original? I agree with ncn i would keep the vtx.

DoubleQueso i love those old CB bikes , there is a guy out in Cal that turns them into cafe racers , he does some beautiful work.

I have an all original 86 gsxr 1100 mint an 90 gsxr 750 ,89 7/11 and 95 xr650l . I've been telling my wife that i'm going to sell one or two but can't seem to get motivated either:D

Oh yeah and the most fun is the xr650l half the speed twice the fun.

9. Doubleoqueso

If push comes to shove, hang on to that 86! Mint classics are something special :D

M@ ~ You cruiser only, or have you ever taken a walk to the crotch rocket side?

10. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nope! That's bone-stock, believe it or not: Floorboards, heel-toe shifter, bars, light nacelle...Honda's been doing a kickass job on dressing out their cruisers over the past decade.

(the photo was taken the first time I rode it after trailering it home -- you can still see the warning sticker on the tank :lol:)

The shaft-drive can be jerky 'til the engine warms up but once that happens it's butter. The best friggin' part is that it's not throwing grease all over my spokes. Had a chain on my last bike and it was pointless to try to keep the chrome clean back there.

The rice's out of my system. First bike ever was a ZX11. Followed it up with a GSXR 750.

...then I got my license. :o

...and a CBR 900 RR. :scared:

No tragedy, though. Just got sick of thieves stealing pieces of it in the parking-lot. I'd go out to ride and my cover'd be gone, or a mirror, or a turn-signal, etc. Got a Shadow 750 ACE and fell in love with the comfort. Pretty sure I'm here for good now. :nod:

Rockets are still pretty hot, though. :tu:

11. RODRIGUEZ

RODRIGUEZ Active Member

It looked customized a little it doesn't look stock to me, I showed the pic to a guy at work that was looking for a shopper and he fell in love with your bike . I told him at first it was a custom Harley and he was like ,Oh man I'll never be able to afford a bike like that. Then i told him what it was and he went to a Honda dealer the same day to check it out in person.

Your first bike was a zx11? that was the big boy back then, I could imagine you pulling up on that bike , the face of the guys on 600 and 750:bang:
    My first bike was a 76 KZ 900 back in 88. There wasn't that many girls riding back then but the people use to be amazed when a girl pulled up on a jap bike, it was cool and it still is.

12. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ooh! Tell him not to let the dealer beat him up on the price. I think I paid under $8K for the bike (final total was somewhere around $8500 'cause I got new helmets, jacket, cover, etc.) Had to shop around for the dealer (plug - Blue Ridge Powersports - /plug) but it was well worth the couple emails to do so.

:lol: Yeah. First bike and the bike I learned how to ride on. It was a monster.

Imagine me at 11:00 pm in an empty Mall parking-lot gingerly swerving the thing around, accidentally hitting the starter instead of the horn, missing neutral and stalling it out -- almost throwing myself off the thing when it bit, constantly terrified that I'd take it past its balance-point and have 600 lbs of hot metal pinning my leg to the concrete. :o

That thing terrified me. It terrified the guy who sold it to me. Way too much to handle for a first bike. I eventually got used to it but never really lost that intimidation.

The 750 felt like a minibike after that. :lol:

13. NCNBilly

New pipes are here! Going to the stealership to get new crush gaskets to install tonight! :dance:

14. RODRIGUEZ

RODRIGUEZ Active Member

post pics after you install:tucool:

15. NCNBilly

Got 'em on.. The are pretty nice! I have to tweak the fuel intake a bit and bypass some of the emissions crap that Kawi put on to get it to stop popping on deceleration (negative acceleration, for Zen and the other physics geeks here). I love vn750.com - a plethora of info about my bike and all the tips/tricks, kinda like JSF :D