1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Motivational Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by virtualadrian, Jun 29, 2007.

1. virtualadrian

virtualadrian Active Member

About the Challenge:

I did not just wake up one day and start going to the gym 5 days a week. No no no! That is quite impossible and that regimen will last at most 2 weeks. It has been a trek since December of 2006. The key here is to start out slow.

So, for the first month we will not change diet or other habits. The only thing I ask is that you post here every day for that month. Create a journal, link it in your entry, and I will make sure that folks participate :) , if they enter.

Month 1:

Diet:

No dietary changes, keep eating what you're eating, or try to clean it up. Don't do anything drastic though. We will worry about your diet and so on in the second month.

Exercise:

When you wake up, shower, brush your teeth, do whatever other morning routines you have. Before you get dressed ( yes in yer undies and undershirt ) ::

5 situps
    5 pushups

That is it. We are just trying to form a habbit not kill you. So if you're not tired the game for now is psychological.

Post to your journal with details about how that went. What your day will be like, how you slept, whatever... just post with number of situps and pushups.

Progression:

About every 3 to 4 days you should add 1 situp and 1 pushup. By the end of the month you should shoot for 20 situps and 10 pushups. That should not tire you out remember you want it to be easy so it's just something else you do in the morning. If 20/10 is tiring you out do 15/7 or whatever. Just make sure it is not leaving you sore, but you do need to progress a bit.

Month 2:

Diet:

Sign up for http://www.fitday.com. Start logging your food intake. I don't care if you ate a half a cow... LOG IT !!! The point is to know what you are eating, good or not. It only takes a few minutes every day to log your food.

Read these two posts ::

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=1222

and

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=19229

Also try to do at least one clean meal every other day. When I say clean I don't mean salad with ranch, bacon bits, cheese and a whole boiled egg :) I mean a clean meal as directed by those posts. (Ex: Asparagus + Medium Potato + 6oz of chicken)

Exercise:

Same thing that you were doing in the morning. This month is intended to make you diet aware.

Post to your journal daily about your food experiences with a link to that days intake.

Progression:

Try to increase the number of pushups and situps you are doing, but again do NOT overdo it. If it gets hard you may stop. Also by the end of the month you should aim at eating 1 clean meal / day.

Month 3:

This will be the month where you start hitting the gym at a moderate pace. If folks that have entered are still around I will edit with details. At the end of the third month you will have your own routine and should be eating clean.

Entry:

Post your stats,

Weight:
    (Optional)If you would like me to bug you b/c you missed a post PM me your e-mail or IM name. I'll make sure to give you all the Specialized High Intensity Training ( S.H.I.... ) I can for missing a post. :D[ aren't acronyms fun??]

Start:

Challenge starts when you enter :) I expect a journal with a post the next day. :neener:<- that smily never gets old lol