1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Effective Fat Burner

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by themuss, Oct 25, 2004.

1. themuss

themuss Well-Known Member

Just a quick discussion on fat burners? What do you think is the most effective and reliable fat burner out there, which one has given you the best results?

2. never_enough

never_enough Well-Known Member

i found "fat burners" to be a waste of money. the best fat burner is a consistent, clean diet and properly timed lifting/cardio. :nod:

#2 never_enough, Oct 25, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  3. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

exactly what i thought when i saw the title!
    you dont need "fat burners" to lose a good 1-2lbs of fat per week

4. themuss

themuss Well-Known Member

Yeah but surely some of them work to a certain degree, they wouldnt all be 'consumer waste'. What about Hydroxycut?

5. Bustmybutt

Bustmybutt Well-Known Member

Now that ephedra is banned, I don't think any one of them is worth bothering with. Even when ephedra was legal, I found it gave me more energy, but I can't say it did anything for burning fat. Lots of cardio and dieting burns fat, ephedra just gave me an edge to intensify my workouts.

6. _Christopher_

_Christopher_ Well-Known Member

Exercise.

7. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

yeah some of them "work" but at what price, they are expensive, and they may also come at the expense of your health, personally i dont like eating chemicals to raise my metabolism by 50calories a day, i'd rather just do an extra 5mins on the tredmill, or go for a walk, a 30min to 1 hour walk will do you so much more good than eating chemicals and other weird stuff with names longer than the alphabet, not to mention its more enjoyable!

8. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

You can still buy pure ephedrine tablets online. Mix that with your aspirin and some nodoze caffeine pills and you've got a home made ECA stack. That's probably the most effective fat burner.

Of course, I echo the sentiments here: don't bother with them. They aren't good for you (even if their negative effects have been blown out of proportion by the media), and the bulk of fat loss has to come from diet and/or excercise anyway. Too many people emphasize these burners, because we are a society of drug users (as I suck down some coffee).

9. Charles

Charles Well-Known Member

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

While I agree most fat burners are useless and we even see John testing one on his Abs to no work, I do believe ECA works, and that it's not just a Placebo effect.

I've been using it for a short while and while I don't feel 100% on it, it's nothing to take notice at and the results are showing just that slight bit faster than if I where to stop, since I've tried both ways.

Fat burners won't fix the reason why your fat or out of shape. But I do believe some of them have a place with a good excercise and diet routine though. Chances are you'll gain a small bit back when going off them unless you where to workout how much it really helps you.

Either way it's probably banned in Austrailia, like it is in the US, and ephedrine is prescription only in the UK (although ya can get it in certain products).

If you can't find it work that bit harder while working out and you'll get the same effects.

11. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

I find the best fat burner is a frying pan on the stove after you've forgotten to turn it off. Hydroxycut never set off your smoke detector, did it?

Seriously, I took Xenadrine EFX at the beginning of my cut, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I constantly felt sick, had night sweats, passed out, headaches, stomachaches, the whole nine yards. Its main effect was to make me want to vomit most of the day, so I didn't overeat. There are better ways, people!

12. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

Interestingly I've done the ECA stack twice/day with no problems - and not even really felt the drugs in it (years ago). But, last year I tried the GNC brand fat burner and by God the stuff just nailed my heart. I was having palpatatinos and everything. I think part of it was anxiety, and I've since noticed that anxiety does the same thing to me, but needless to say I didn't finish the bottle. A slight advantage to weight loss is not worth heart palpatations, cold sweats, jitters, etc. Really it's awful what people will undergo for a little weight loss (and interesting that they'd rather undergo this unarguably unhealthy approach as opposed to a healthier sitting on the bike for an extra 15 min!).

13. JMR

JMR Well-Known Member

Same opinion here. They're a waste of money. I've leaned out with and without them. I've never used any of the newer ones but I tried about all of the ephedra based products. Granted that they give you some energy but you get used to it and the effect is lessened. When you come off them, you feel like the walking dead for three or four days too. The thermogenic effect is practically useless. However, they did stunt your appetite. That was the most effective part. Forget about that junk.

14. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The most effective and reliable fat burner that gives you the best results is your own body, but I won't say that those "Miracle pills" you see on the shelves do absolutely nothing, they do help to a very very small degree, however for the price, it's a complete waste of money. On that note, there is no "best" pill out there since they all react differently to our own bodies, what might work for one person may not work for the other, so if you desperately want to use one, experiment with some of the more popular ones out there and see which one reacts better for you.

Just remember, if they actually worked the way they claim to, would they really need to bombard you with advertisements on TV and magazines to sell it?

15. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

This was the exact reply I was going to give, but obviously was late to the game!

Additionally, I've noticed a trend that people who enter their weight loss goals with notions of using fatburners, etc, rather then simple clean diet/exercise have an alarmingly high failure rate of achieving those goals.

It really is as simple as Consistently Eating Right & Exercising.

It just takes time :P Thats the part that really irritates me.

-Allen

16. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

I lost about 20 pounds of fat using a Xenedryne RFA (Ephedrine) about 3 years ago...it worked great as I employed it with intense cardio and lifting routine.

Now, I could use it again or other fat burners or create my own eca stack, but I have chosen not to as I want to do it "clean". The benefits of eating and exercising clean extend much further than the benefits of the ECA stacks...which mostly the only benefit is POSSIBLY accelerated weight loss if done correctly. Doing it clean will get you into a HABIT that can last a lifetime and thus help you maintain your fitness as opposed to fat burners that you cannot take for extended periods of time. On top of all that I dont like the rare, yet significant health hazards involved with ECA.

17. Bustmybutt

Bustmybutt Well-Known Member

I had a terrible addiction to ephedra for years. I never lost weight from it, but the depression and fatigue I suffered whenever I came off of it was deabilitating. I don't like to admit to the addiction, but I had it, what can I say. I never had to ever sleep on it and gots loads of stuff done. Too bad it burned out my adrenal glands and the rebound effect when I quit, was devastating.

If ephedra burns fat, I should be thinner then Paris Hilton.

I had done every type of ephedra based "fat burner" there ever was. I think the best ones are "Red Rockets". My hubby still gets them underground these days. I don't touch them anymore, but they packed a whallop.

Like JMR said, you get used to them, and then you just need to take more of them and then more often... I hope nobody judges me for coming forward with the addiction.

18. girlcop1

girlcop1 Well-Known Member

I hear you guys, blah, blah, blah, but then here it is BADABING :lol: I use fat burners not necessarily to burn fat or even for energy. I use it to supress my appetite. They do work for that. I personally have not ever gotten the jitters from ephedra or ECA stacks or any supplements. And usually if my stomach feels icky, it is because I have not eaten or I took a nasty multivitamin that I continued to belch for the next three hours. I like them, I will use them, and I don't care about the media hype. I currently use my stockpile of ephedra drugs I bought before the ban. I do however, like San Tight supplement. It is ephedra free and does a very good job of also supressing my appetite. :eat:

19. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

They do supress the appetite. I use caffeine rather liberally for that, but I know it's not the best thing for me, and not something I should be doing longterm (even though I have been. Bad skoorb).

20. ara2003

ara2003 Well-Known Member

Exercise all the way.