1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Cardio Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by wh0rume, Jan 24, 2005.

1. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

heyhey! there's stecman! any new pics for your site yet?
    Didnt run today - i ran a good 8 miles yesterday after work (60 minutes) and my body is still tired from it. I've also found a new way to do crunches and it feels 500% more effective.

9/16

2. Cziffra

Cziffra Well-Known Member

Wow, that's 7 and a half minutes/mile, not a bad pace at all!!

I did that sort of pace in my half marathon, but it's not something I could do on my own, without the "race urge", and on a regular basis.

Kudos to you. :tucool:

3. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

sheeeeeeeeeeeeet, i do that pace sleep walking. :cool: just a normal day's work.. i think it's because i weigh so much (176.8 this morning) or because im tallish (6'2) - long legs helps? who knows.

4. Stecman

Stecman Well-Known Member

Just posted new pics today - was on vacation so I couldn't weigh/get my body fat while I was gone. Annoying. But I did pretty good on exercising and eating while on it -- the first vacation I've ever made it through!

Oh, weighed myself this morning - down to 176. Yay!

BTW - 10/12, 46 mins, 5 miles, AVG HR 140

5. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

9/17

didn't run today. i dont really know why. i was up. i guess im just depressed/confused cuz i've been running and still no progress! my focking stomach isnt going away! urg........

i posted a topless pic too, i feel like blubber.

6. Stecman

Stecman Well-Known Member

Not bad... And thats after dinner... someday.. someday... ;)

11/13 Eliptical today

7. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

you know what? no one in kenya is fat. for the next week starting today and ending saturday - i'm going to run TWICE a day, every day. Just to experiement and see what happens. i'm sick of being fat and it needs to end. i'm going to call it the Kenya Mini-challenge. i will then take a picture next saturday after my 14th run so you can see if it did anything. this means 10 miles per day. its about my lunch break time, so instead of stuffing my face, im going to run; just like the kenyens do.

i really know nothing about kenya or their people, i just like to assume.

8. Dead-head

Dead-head Well-Known Member

Wow, it's been forever.

My schedule has gotten real hectic with work and school. I'm sticking with my weightlifting workouts, but haven't been able to do the cardio. :(

9. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

I couldn't post yesterday, but I did get in my AM cardio, I started drinking beer about 2 hours after I did it, but I did it.... Do I sound like an alcoholic? so 17/17 there.

And I woke up this morning at 6 somehow after getting home from the bars at 2 and staying up until 3:30 and did my cardio.... 18/18 it is just a way of life now.

I am sure I will CRASH hard soon, I am running on Ephedrine right now. I just hope I can get through work and wait until I get home to take a nap. I don't want to be out of it at work.

10. Sturm

Sturm Well-Known Member

Being a pretty consistent daily runner, Ive been checking in on this thread from time to time - done a lot of research on running too and yes, the kenyans are universally lauded for their abilities - heres a tip, you might want to add a couple extra servings of bread and yams ;) - we runners love our carbs

http://www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=10251&sidebar=13&category=running

11. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

That whole artical, and the whole "runners need more carbs" is true, but it doesnt look at it from the fat loss phase/aspect - only a training/already thin aspect

I'll begin my marathon training as soon as i cut down to 8% bf, but until then i'm trying to lose fat. i could care less about my endurance, energy, or speed right now.

What i WILL do is cut my daily carb intake even lower, for 2 weeks. if i'm not pleased with the results, i'll move to a higher carb content diet.

12. supaspic

supaspic Well-Known Member

I wish i had the endurance to marathon run. But I have always hated running, I tried to avoid in back in high school by sneaking into the weight room and lifting instead. I just cant see myself run a marathon...good luck though with the training...BTW what does marathon training consist of?

Supa

13. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

Go here: http://www.nycmarathon.org/training/trainingschedule.html

I think i'm going to do the "basic marathon runner" one, but i'll decide when the time comes.

Right now everytime i run, i do it at a slower pace: 5 miles, 50 minutes. This keeps my heart rate at the "fat loss" area, but obviously it hasnt been working.

14. Dead-head

Dead-head Well-Known Member

Perhaps you're in better shape than you think and you're underestimating your max heart rate.

Maybe you should try bumping your MHR up by 10 points and try to stay in the "fat burning zone" from there.

15. supaspic

16. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

I've always pondered this too, but that really has no effect on the "max" heart rate.

Check out this thread - as you can tell, i was very interested in the topic :)
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=13212

supaspic:
    I dont know if what i have is really a "platue" as much as it is the fact I'm trying to lose fat that i've had my entire life. But i'm not sure if "old fat" is chemically harder to lose or not. Sometimes i think maybe my body forgot it had fat stores there, or maybe my body doesnt want to consume them because the fat went past its "expiration date" and tastes nasty. I'll keep making excuses like this to keep me going and so i keep trying.

17. supaspic

:lol: "expiration date" :lol: . Yeah for some reason even the mighty John Stone mentions that his body refuses to attack the fat around the belly-button that i call "the poo belly". I hope that the body doesnt just give up "eating up" fat, because i started this so i could finally get that body i've always wanted and this is the most dedicated I have ever been on dieting and changes my physical appearance. So like you said, you will just keep going, I guess I will also because eventually my body will get the "memo" and realize I want a 6-pack.

Supa

18. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

Wh0,

Have you ever used a ECA? If you haven't, then there is no question that you should hop on the wagon to up your metabolism. Unless you have some heart conditions or other reasons not to use it. Just be smart with it and don't abuse it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mp/vaso2.html

Ther is your Ephedrine, and you can buy the caffein pills and aspirin at the store. Also, up your chromium intake, take a seperate supp of it.

19. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

i might as well go all out while im doing the kenyanese atkins experiement. I was thinking about ordering the atlarge thing because it also curbs appitite. (no i havnt used an ECA yet)

you guys are going to see great results from me. lets just hope my skin can keep up with the progress.

#359 wh0rume, Mar 18, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  20. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

So you have never used an ECA? Well, it could help out. I would try it for sure. It has helped me in the past. If you have any questions about it, just ask me.