1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Cardio Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by wh0rume, Jan 24, 2005.

1. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

[wh0areume vs Lucky13MN for now]

My goal is to wake up every morning and go running outside for 5 miles, 6 days a week, until March 1st hits. I haven’t had motivation to wake up for this lately, so hopefully this challenge will make me do it.

So for me, starting tues 1/25 going until tues 3/1 - there are 31 cardio sessions. Every day I will post to this challenge, and say.. "1/1" or "2/3" and maybe say something else too. Who ever has a greater % at the end of March 1 will... win a dollar from the other person? hah. something like that anyway.

Lucky13MN plans to get a treadmill this weekend, and he will start from then doing cardio tues/thurs of every week.

Hopefully I can get my bf% down to 8% in the next few months so I can buy a weight setup like John Stone for my bulking. (cuz you know that looks good)

Jan - Sox won
    Feb - Sox won
    March - Sox won
    April - Stecman won

#1 wh0rume, Jan 24, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  2. NEdge

NEdge Well-Known Member

I'm in. I'm not very scheduled becuse I have 2 kids and don't use an alarm to get up - I just want it bad enough that if I go to bed saying 'I want to wake up at 5:30-6am', I tend to. If I wake up before 6:15 I always get on the treadmil (or go out riding in the summer).

I'm probably good through Feb as well..

Check-in tomorrow morning with your 5 mile time and I'll post my distance and time!

Goodluck!

Oh, and I'll send you a buck if you make more than 20 out of 31! :tu:

3. Dorvaan

Dorvaan Well-Known Member

I'm in!!

I do cardio on Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays. That makes 15 days until March 1st for me. Just to let you know, I haven't missed a day since I started on the 3rd of January. Don't plan to now, either. Better bring your A-Game! :tu:

4. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

I am in.

I have a whacked out schedule right now, so I am not sure how many days I have available to do it from now until March 1st. But if I would have started today I would be 0/1, I hit my snooze at 6AM and I guess I turned it off because I ended up being 20 minutes late for work.

I try to do morning cardio on days that I have not lifted the night before. Will not be lifting tonight, I have a city rec hoops game. So tomorrow will be 1/1. Sure better be.

I will look at my schedule and try to figure how many days I can put it into my schedule.

5. ecollins

ecollins Well-Known Member

I would like to get in on this also.
    I will be following wh0areume’s schedule for 31 cardio sessions until 3/1. I will be hitting the treadmill in the mornings for 5 miles. Don’t know what me bf% is but I know it is too high. This will be great motivation!

-Ed

6. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN Well-Known Member

Well, I only have to make sure I get up 2 days out of the week for my cardio, but man if I miss one morning it's really going to hurt my percentage! :eek:

LOL

Anyway, as of right now we're going to be picking up the treadmill on Saturday, so I should be ready to rock next week! :tucool:

7. buggalug

buggalug Well-Known Member

Count me in as well. Aiming for 45 mins on the elliptical 5 mornings a week.

Just to keep myself more honest, I want to do Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat until March 1st.

:gl: to everyone!

#7 buggalug, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. ecollins

ecollins Well-Known Member

01/25/05 – 1/1

Well, I got up with the third alarm this morning and managed to drag myself downstairs to the treadmill. It has been a long time since I ran 5 miles but I managed to keep going. Good luck everyone, hopefully it will get easier to wake up!

-Ed

9. NEdge

NEdge Well-Known Member

Since you almost made an excuse, I'll chime in - my eldest got me up twice during the night, but I managed to wake up for 5 miles in 45 mins on the treadmill. The fact that I have to stay home this morning to look after him meant I had the extra time to do the 5 miles!

Well done ecollins, seeya tomorrow!

10. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

E_FAIL;

0/1 for me.

couldnt do it. i need to figure out how. i think running during the day sometime until i get adicted again, who knows.

11. Lucky13MN

Didn't think this was starting until next week, or are you guys just getting warmed up? :)

PS
    I was up at 5:45 this morning, but had nothing to run on... does that count? :)

#11 Lucky13MN, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  12. sox311

sox311 Well-Known Member

1/1
    It was tough to get up after not being able to sleep after the late hoops game last night, but I made it happen. I have another game tonight at 7:45 PM, so tomorrow morning is another cardio morning.

When I do get up an do my cardio it makes a better start. I usually make it to work earlier than on non-cardio days.

13. NEdge

NEdge Well-Known Member

Do you really want it bad enough?? If you don't, tell us now and be happy with your slightly flabby 12% BF. Else get up and start running!

I busted my balls to get up this morning to start this thing rolling when I probably should have taken a rest day.

First thing in the morning is best becuse you can nearly always find the time. During the day there are too many excuses at work for most people and at night you are probably tired.

Come, on. 20 days out of 31 for a buck! If you do 5 days/week for the next 4 weeks you will have made it with a whole week to spare.

14. NEdge

NEdge Well-Known Member

Why start next week when we can start now?

How about doing situps, pushups, jumping jacks etc.. for 30-40 mins?

15. Lucky13MN

I misread it...

As it says, I'll be starting next week. The thought of push-ups, sit-ups and jumping jacks first thing in the morning quite honestly doesn't sound fun at all, however I can see running on a treadmill. :nod:

16. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

I wish i could just have my alarm clock read your posts to me! :bow:

I DONT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH! but i WANT to want it bad enough. i think i need to talk to a psychiatrist or something. I hate my mind - its my worst enemy. TOMORROW I NEED TO DO THIS, even if i need to take a shower before going runnning to wake up - so be it!

WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN WISCONSIN?!? SO COLD! :mad:

17. MissDemeanor

MissDemeanor Well-Known Member

Can I play too?

I have a very hard time getting going in the a.m.

My goals are: cardio x 3 days (Tu,Th,Sa), weights x 3 days (M,W,F)

My problem is that I allow myself to sleep in THEN go to the gym (most days) THEN get to work late (flex schedule) but still have to put in my time THEN get home late from work THEN stay up late trying to get everything done in the evening which causes me to be tired in the a.m.

If I could just get up when I'm supposed to, everything would fall into place.

So, that puts me at 16 cardio sessions starting today (which I did this a.m.) and 15 weight sessions until 3/1.

Now if I can get my eating under control...... is there a challenge for that anywhere?

MD

18. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

Yes, any1 can I guess... although the "challenge" itself kinda loses effectivness with the more people you add.

i guess we have like 20 people in this thing some how when it was originally going to be me vs. lucky.

Just set a goal for yourself... (you would probably have 16 cardio sessions before march 1. at the end who ever has the highest % sessions complete vs the goal they set wins.

19. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

ok, i just took an 1.5 hrs off of work, went home, and went for a 4 mile jog, took a shower, etc.

This is the first time i did any cardio excersize in about... 2 months almost! It was very difficult, i was very out of shape. I may have even over-did it because i had kind of a headach when i got home.

Since i didnt do it after an 8 hour fast - im counting this cardio session as 0.5 instead of 1.

0.5/1 - 50% for me.

20. MissDemeanor

MissDemeanor Well-Known Member

Hey, no biggie. I can do this on my own.

Didn't mean to barge into your challenge.

MD