1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Moddie's Back (and other parts)

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by modmaven, Feb 22, 2016.

1. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember me from a while back. A bit over five years ago I moved to more southern parts, joined a new gym, and haphazardly lifted. Then at the end of this past year, my old gym closed. So sad. So I searched and I searched and I searched and I found a new place. It's less than ten minutes from my house. There's a weight room. There are cages. There are big rubber weights and I can drop them. I can deadlift and make a hell of a lot of noise. But ---- I can only do so during class time. Oh, yes, it is all built around classes!:bang: But these are not classes where one prances around in front of big mirrors. I go to power track MWF at 6:30 a.m. and we lift according to the plan set up by the dude who trains the local big basketball team. Almost every session there is some kind of deadlift. We also squat, bench, and do various other accessory work. My first time I showed up, it was conditioning day: 15 sets of 3 reps each of deadlifts, one per minute. That got my attention!

So I am already boring my Facebook friends with my progress, so I thought I'd come here and bore you all instead.

This is PR week. Last week was builiding up to PR week. Next to deja, I am a total weakling. Next to most mortal women of my maturity and wisdom, I am an amazon.

My prepping for PR week deadlift was 209 pounds. Today my squat PR was 153 pounds. Last week my prepping for bench PR was 93 pounds. So we'll see what I can do this Wednesday morning on the bench and late week with the deadlift.

Also, to note, I am quite chubby, about 30-something percent bodyfat. But the good news is that at 5'7" I am about 135 pounds of lean mass.

:cool:

More later!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Moddie, great to see you posting again. I've seen your posts on FB and have commented, but will second a couple of the things you mentioned here. Firstly, compared to Deja almost all of us are weaklings and secondly compared to mere mortals we are stronger than the average bear.

Stick around!

3. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

indeed!!!

new gym sounds exciting. can't wait to hear more about your adventures there. :tucool:

4. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Welcome back!:)

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Moddie got back!

:moon:

6. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

Thank you all! And good lord I've forgotten how to work this JSF thing. I hit reply to thread. I hope that's right.

Yes, I'm back. The gym is great.

I was hoping this morning to bench press 99 pounds, but I failed. I couldn't get the lock out. I will work on that, and later in the week I'll be a bit more systematic and work up more slowly.

This afternoon I took three mini coopers for a spin. Yes! This is in my future. I see it. Especially a convertible, hoping for a stick shift. We'll see what works out over the next few days. I am definitely ready to retire the boring frigging Mazda sedan. Son can have it for college. It may even motivate him to get a job to get a better car -- though a Mazda engine is really quite remarkable.

7. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Hiya Mod, nice seeing you back. I don't know if I am remembered so I just want to say hi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Sounds like an interesting gym! Glad you found something you like.

Jaer
    remembers you, and is always pleased to see someone return to the Big Blue Fitness Spot.