1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindset For Success

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by mastover, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Every day that I train, I am thinking about my workout the night before. I think about how I am going to crush the workout and beat the previous workout. I have all my meals for the day prepared a day in advance to supply me with the calories an energy, but not make me feel too sluggish.

When I enter the gym, I think about nothing but lifting some heavy GD iron!! I have a unique privilege to improve my health and physique. Don't waste your time thinking about ex-girlfriends/boyfriends, overdue rent or car problems, your job, your boss who's giving you a hard time, past regrets..... Leave all that outside your head. I am now prepared to wage war on my body...

I have no fear of pain or injury. Being fearful causes injury. Loss of focus, not excess weights used, causes injury. I cultivate a mindset of psychotic intensity to take me out of my comfort zone to allow me to get to a different level.

If I have any anger with any situation in my life, I channel this anger to fuel my workout.

There have been many negative people in the past who stated that I will not succeed. Today, these people are nowhere to be found. Don't allow the naysayers to distract you from your goals!! These are the same people who will never accomplish anything in their own lives. These are the critics who are the frauds!!

Remember that you are on a journey that very few people have the capacity for.

Leg day is a perfect example. I only have 12-14 leg workouts before a show. Every one of them is going to force me to take every measure possible to make sure I look like a FREAK onstage. A science experiment gone wrong.

There are no limits and zero fear. No amount of pain that will stop me.

Will it stop you????

How much do you want it???

It's time to stop the BS and get it going!!!! :tucool:

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

When you want to achieve your fitness goals, whatever they may be, you have to attain a level of excellence. Many people feel that they are working hard and doing everything possible to reach their goals. But are they? Being successful means that you have to go outside the box of your comfort zone. Inside and outside the gym.

I get many clients who, after a week on my program, tell me that they are facing numerous challenges for the upcoming week. I.E: a company outing, a vacation, the kid's soccer game where food choices will be limited, they enjoy eating out with the family 2x per week and can't deviate from that, etc. Then I get the people who want to know when they can have a cheat meal or two, after only dieting for a week. These are the people who are looking for excuses that will only set back their progress. Should they have expressed these "issues" at the onset, I would not have allowed them to sign up with me. They are looking for confirmation that I won't give. If you are going to do what you always have done, expect no positive change. You'll be and look like everyone else. We must raise our standards of what we perceive as 'excellence'. If we don't, then we are gong to constantly "dribble the ball". You have to move up the yardstick. Set higher levels of excellence for yourself. Sure, we all have life issues, but if you don't have the desire to change and do something different than what you've done in the past, then you will constantly be dribbling the ball. The people who succeed with their goals aren't the ones who have the desire for change, but are the people who have raised the bar of excellence and build on what they have done in the past instead of doing the same things over and over again, week after week, month after month, year after year. For the guys and gals who want to improve their physiques, you will always look like everyone else unless you raise that bar. Raise that yardstick of excellence. Once you stop playing games with yourself, you will come to the point where you will stop the dribbling and shoot that damn ball in the hoop for the winning 3 pointer. :tu: