1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Mild gynecomastia or just need to cut?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by xxeckoxx, Apr 15, 2006.

1. xxeckoxx

xxeckoxx Well-Known Member

Well, I've reached 11.5-12% bf, and my nipples are times are slighly puffy with loose tissue that can be flicked around..I'm wondering if you guys can help me determine if its gyno, or not, and what I can do to correct this...

Attached Files:

• front.jpg
      front.jpg
      File size:
      182.3 KB
      Views:
    • left.jpg
      left.jpg
      File size:
      167.7 KB
      Views:
    • right.jpg
      right.jpg
      File size:
      159.9 KB
      Views:
  2. betastas

betastas Well-Known Member

Wait a few years. It could be gyno, it doesn't look like fat to me. Most teenagers have this to some degree or another, but many have it fade post-puberty in their early 20s. Not much you can do about it, but keep your posture straight and it will reduce it as much as it can. Patience is always key.

3. xxeckoxx

I was a pretty heavy marijuana user from age 16.5 to about 18.5, I've since stopped, so hopefully that will also have an affect on reducing it...I plan to bulk for a few monthes and then officially hardcore cut down to 8% and see where it's at then...hopefully I don't have to take drastic action..

4. betastas

betastas Well-Known Member

As I said - don't worry about it. You can get risky and expensive surgery now, take harmful drugs, or wait until you're 25. I would suggest that you wait it out and eat healthy. I had a case similar to yours but it has been reducing with time.

5. chang

chang Well-Known Member

Looks like my current situation, and I'm going to wait a few more years before I even think about an alternative solution. For now, I'm letting time take care of it.

6. xxeckoxx

ive noticed rubbing cold or just wet water around on the nipple area really fast makes them appear pretty much normal...I hope this is a good sign that they will naturally become like that...Also after my bulking regimine when I have some more mass in the lower and middle chest and shoulders and stronger abs should help I believe once I get cut down to 8 or 9%

7. punkchip

punkchip Well-Known Member

Yeah it is more common than you think, don't worry about it. It could also be partly due to more developped than normal pecs, which make them look bigger.

I had puffy nipples too when I was younger, ended up starving myself and losing a lot of muscle and possibly heigh growth because of it. :cry: Also I tried to get all kind of weird looking postures to try to hide it and look more "flat".

But now it is back to normal.

8. sparks

sparks Well-Known Member

Wet water, huh? Where did you find that? Just messin' with ya man. I thought it was funny.

9. krackato

krackato Well-Known Member

I've heard that it's only a rumour that it's caused by smoking marijuana. Who knows. It does seem that it's a lot more prevalent than it probably should be.

Frankly, it doesn't look like fat to me. If I was you, I would probably gain some more muscle, cut to like 10% or slightly less, and if you still aren't satisfied, have surgery. What's the point of being in shape if you worry about taking your shirt off in the prime of your life?

10. sebastian_b

sebastian_b Well-Known Member

Hi xxeckoxx.
    Take care with that, think about it: males has the same "equippment" than female, yes we have breast glands. Don't touch your nipples, that action can stimulate more progesterone release in your body.
    Sometimes males in puberty can develop gynecomastia b/c they have very high testosterone and with high t level the estrogen level go high too, and high estrogen levels can develop gynecomastia, but you are 41 y/o.
    I dont think the 2 years smoking marijuana develop gynecomastia 20 years later.
    Another thing: I don't know if your case, but drastic fat loss can raise estrogen level, and starvation can low testosterone level.
    For estrogen high levels some researchs says soya can help, for its isoflavones, they apparently block estrogen receptors in our body.
    For t high testosterone levels, don't overtrain, but hit the weights.
    good luck buddy, I'm sure this thing will fade out in a time.
    Cheers.

11. Atkinson

Atkinson Well-Known Member

I think hes 18.

12. xxeckoxx

yes im 19 now, not 41 lol...anyways Yea thats what I think I'll do, a 3 month bulk, and a 2 month cut down to 8% to see where its at then, if im not happy, I've got 1400 or 1500 from my marijuana days rdy to use...It'd jsut be a matter of finding a surgeon

13. xxeckoxx

I did some reading on emedicine and found this:

* In approximately 90% of cases, pubertal gynecomastia usually resolves in months to several years.

* Gynecomastia secondary to an underlying treatable cause (eg, drug-induced gynecomastia) usually responds to treatment or removal of the primary cause.

* Macromastia seldom resolves completely and often requires surgery.

I dont have macromastia (thank god..) I think im going to stop taking DHT pills, and I've officially quit smoking (cigs) (clean off marijuana for over 3 monthes) And hopefully the issue self resolves like 90% of the cases according to the prognosis.

14. sebastian_b

sebastian_b Well-Known Member

Ah. It's ok. Maybe I saw that age in other member post.

15. xxeckoxx

but Yeah about a year ago I did have slight soreness in my left nipple, and that seems to be the area its more obvious in, the left nipple which is kind of odd, like slightly pointing/protruding puffyness, but I don't like it one bit..

16. Super20G

Super20G Well-Known Member

It must be the marijuana. :rolleyes:

I can just see the next billboard now. :doh:

17. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

lol :lol:

18. phitness

phitness Well-Known Member

It was his (at the time) post count that you saw. He's 44 now :D

19. mr. d

mr. d Well-Known Member

When you get down to about 8-9% those will disappear. At that level the fat behind them breaks down, also loss of fat from those areas makes the actual breast tissue break down.

Also your nipples look normal to me, i'm not sure it's normal for them to be hard unless it's cold :tu: we always had a thing at school where people used to point at each other when they had "nipple erections" and make fun. Sure they're a bit puffy from the side, it'll go. It's mostly remaining fat. I'm sorry, but the problem is you're still just not lean enough, despite being INCREDIBLY lean (well done) already. It will go.

Don't play with them, it makes them sore and encourages them to enlarge.

20. xxeckoxx

you're right I think it's kinda just in my head...as since I've noticed it, I've noticed so many other people esepcially at work (its hot, we wear beeters, and tank tops package handling in trucks) everyone has the same looking nipples as me, lol...some people actually look worse off. I guess I will just stop worrying about it, finish my 2-3 month bulk, and get shredded to 8% and im sure by then I'll be a happy camper :) thanks for all the replies guys