1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Miami restaurants/bars/things to do

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Barber, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Barber

Barber Well-Known Member

Visiting Miami for the first time, after a long, long cold winter. We're staying in South Beach at the new W. Anyone have any opinions on this hotel? And, what are some "must" restaurants/bars/things to do there??? Thanks in advance!

2. Stag

Stag Active Member

I've only been to Miami 5 or 6 times, but here is where i would go...

1. The Beach (i'm sure the W has a good setup, they all do, but I would do some sightseeing :nod: and walk or run the beach)

The Food (ummm, it's dicey there in my opinion.....during the day, the Big Pink for a noisy diner type experience, and maybe the traditional Joe's Stone Crab for Dinner. Theres a nice area with a number of decent restaurants around 14th st. Expect pricey wherever you go, so you can't really use price as a gauge for quality. Sorry I'm not more help here.)

The Scenery - it's mostly about people watching on the streets and on the beach. Um, you can go to Johnny Rockets and see the famous balcony from Scarface, and just a block or two away is Versace's mini mansion. Mostly what you will see in Miami are empty condos. The "Beautiful People" walking down the street will be a good distraction from that.

The Bar - if you want to see the famous bar scene, go out late. Seriously, as in 11pm or later, the trendy bars will be empty before then. Expect to pay $20 for a drink. Ask the concierge where to go for the most popular rooftop bar - or try Sky Bar, the Delano Hotel, the Ritz Carlton...etc. (it's only been a few months but I cant remember the names of the most recent popular ones - just ask around) a lot of the hotels have popular bars in them. Cabs are easy to find so it's easy to look around and find the best spot for your taste.

3. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Depends what you enjoy. Hit up Yelp.com for ideas.

4. Barber

Barber Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

5. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

Just saw this. Given I spent 10 years there:

Go to Lincoln Road (eating/shopping district, great for people-watching)
    Of course hit up the beach
    As far as food goes, I would check yelp as South Beach is a mixed bag when it comes to food

Hope this helps!
    :tucool: