1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal
    Bronze Member

Yesterday's workout went really well actually.

Rows - 200x5x3
    Pull ups - BW (230)x6x2
    Chin ups - BWx8x2
    Bench - 250x5x3
    Seated Military Press - 135x10x3
    Dips - BWx10x2
    Preacher Curl - 100x10x3
    V-bar Pressdowns - 170x10x3 (+20 lbs)

So yeah, I managed to fix my scale...FFS. Anyways I'm 230 @24%BF

So starts week 11.

2. Merk

Bronze Member

Thanks!

Lately things have been hard...damned hard. Nutrition has been hard, training has been hard/painful, work has been hard, everything has been just fuckin' hard. This has been taking it's toll on me mentally (plus a lot of other things but those stories are for another day)

Thankfully my relationship is awesome. Maya really keeps me pieced together, I cannot imagine what kind of life I would have without her...if I would even had one at all to be honest. She really is the real deal, to put up with me...she is one hell of a woman!

As for dedication, to be frank, the only dedication I have ever truly had would be towards my relationship and our fur-baby. Besides that there are very few things I have been dedicated to as a constant. Fitness and nutrition are the most inconsistent things in my life, ha!

But I try.

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

There was a movie with Bill Murray. I think it was called something like what's wrong with Bob. The only line I remember is

Baby Steps

That is how we make changes

Merk likes this.
  4. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    I just came out of a patch like that. :nod:

I don't know what the secret to escaping is - and I desperately wish I did - but keep in mind that it won't last. Stay tough. I'm reading "Grit" by Angela Duckworth right now and it's pretty awesome coverage of how to gut out rough spots.

"What about Bob?" :nod:

I've never seen it all the way through, but I worked as an usher in a movie theater when it came out so I've seen 5-10 minutes of it a hundred times.

Merk likes this.
  5. Merk

Bronze Member

Another good workout in the books. Things didn't go as planned, instead I decided to stray from the path and do something fun!

Bike 10 min
    Seated Rows - 50x10,90x10x2
    Bench - Barx20, 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 245x1, 275x1, 300x1, 315x1, 315x2, 335x2

The last 2 sets were massive PR's!!!

[​IMG]

Maya was there to spot for the last set, the look of fear in her eyes...poor girl. Best part is when I got to 315 I had a guy approach asking if I needed a spot. I kindly declined....and then went and asked Maya to spot. She then reminded me that this guy was willing to help. I told her this,

"I trust you"

She totally understood and took position accordingly.

The secondary to this is had I killed myself doing this at least she would have been the last person I would be seeing and not some random dudes crotch!

Today shoulders =DED!

Anyways, have a great day everyone!

6. Merk

Bronze Member

It's been a good couple of weeks where I feel like the world is has come to completely crush me. No matter what I did I felt completely void of all emotions other than anger. If I did feel happiness or joy it was very momentary.

However, the past couple of days I've been feeling better. The PR's from last night were a major win for me and something I really needed. Also Maya has been a massive help. I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, but I'm getting there!

M@ likes this.
  7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on the PR's!

Merk likes this.
  8. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Nice benching!:tu:

Merk likes this.
  9. Merk

Bronze Member

Happy Monday to one and all!

So last week turned out rather well I would like to think. I managed some big wins during week 11. For whatever reason I was bitten by the PL bug pretty bad so I decided to take this week to test my current 1 rep in the big 3's. I'm quite happy to say the least.

385/335/425.

Bench was the biggest shock out of all the lifts. My previous best was a 325x1 from last year when I was training at Primal. Squat and dead I'm happy with since I did them both raw (I went on to use wraps on my second run for 385).

This gives me the opportunity to now make adjustments to my current training.

Today starts Week 12, I'm pretty excited. I've made some really good progression. There is still room for improvements, mainly for nutrition (as always).

Anyways, have yourselves a wonderful day!

IROC-Z likes this.
  10. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Nice lifts.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Big lifts!

12. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Merk! Dude. Long time since I stopped in here. Glad to see that you're still fighting forward, lifting heavy and doing life with the same great woman, Maya!

13. Merk

Bronze Member

So last week I took off.

I've had a few aches and pains that have been nagging at me and I felt it was time to take a week off and rest up. Right now I feel well rested and ready to take on another 12 weeks or so of complete debauchery.

I've been struggling with the idea of changing things up and trying 12 weeks of a PL peaking cycle or staying with what I have been doing. I'm giving myself the remainder of the day to figure out just what it is I'm going to do.

I'm keeping this post kinda short, it's looking to be a hectic day.

Happy Monday!

14. Merk

Bronze Member

Good to see you around, it's been awhile (other than creeping you on IG).

I still try bud, I still try :)

Hope to see you around here a little more.

15. Merk

Bronze Member

Morning!

Last week was fairly uneventful as far as training is concerned. I popped into the gym in the later part of the week and did some upper body (2 sessions). Yesterday was going to be a lower body day but instead Mrs.M and I had an unexpected nap that took us past the gym's open hours.

Nutrition=Shit.

This week will be better.

16. Merk

Bronze Member

Quick and dirty workout last night.

12 min bike (LISS)
    Incline Bench 3x6 185 (Weak sauce)
    Machine Rows 3x6 135 (Weak sauce x2)
    Single Leg Leg press 3x15 165 (Weak sauce x3)
    Single Leg Hyper extension 3x15 BW (Death)
    Bird Dog 3x10 (Back = Cooked)

Those hypers were harder than I thought, seriously. Once I was done the hypers my legs and lower back were done. The bird dogs didn't help the matter! The lower back pump was real!

IROC-Z likes this.
  17. Merk

Bronze Member

Morning

Last week was a fail. I trained the one and put off the other two training days until later on in the week. This then turned into not going at all.

On a good note I finally got the results back for my sleep study I did a couple months ago.

Things aren't good, not at all. I have severe sleep apnea. Actually I severe case is when a person stops breathing 30 times in an hour....I stop breathing 90 times in an hour. I'm having an emergency sleep study done this coming Wednesday night (normally it takes 4-5 weeks to get in and then another 4-5 weeks to get the results.

I was really lucky getting in last time, my doctor knows a guy that knows a guy and got me in quicker than most. Though the results took the same times as the next person. Though this time everything has a rush put on it.

The strain being put on my heart with the lack of oxygen is bad.

Anyways I'm now having to make some life changes to try and help with this.

I was shocked to know that if I go for surgery I have to let them know I have sleep apnea because it can create complications with the anesthetic.

18. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm right there with you. No idea what my specific results were, but I had an in-home test done last month and am getting fitted for my CPAP machine tomorrow. I've heard that resolving the issue is life-changing. Hoping this eliminates my fatigue and wishing you the best in getting yours fixed.

dejavued and Merk like this.
  19. Merk

Bronze Member

Fingers crossed it's life changing for the both of us. I can tell you the past couple of nights have been some of the worst for sleep. Fuck man, I just want a decent nights sleep!!!!

20. Merk

Bronze Member

Wednesday nights sleep study went well. I didn't think I was going to sleep a wink, having 20 wires stuck all over as well as a CPAP machine stuck on my face. But oddly I slept really well! I cannot wait for the results and hopefully I'll have a CPAP machine asap. From the sleep study I went for blood work and an ECG.

Anyways, training and nutrition has been the poop, all the poop.

Happy Friday!