1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I'm planning on videotaping a Rolling Thunder session next week. If I can hit a new PR, the video will definitely hit youtube.

Aw man! I wish you would've asked a couple months ago. I gave them away to a training partner not too long ago. Sorry about that!:( If I come across any extra grippers in the near future, I will definitely send them your way. That's a promise!

I'm glad to hear that. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to shoot me an email.

Take care my friend!:)

2. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

:kickrock:

3. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Hey strangers...an update would be great...

Here's mine...
    I'm a slacker with the gym over the summer
    The kids are driving me nuts
    I'm fat :lol:

Tell Maya hi for me...HUGS

4. Merk

Hey Hun!

Here's my update...short and sweet

Haven't been to the gym in a LOOOOOOOOONG time
    Diet is BAAAAAAAAAAAAD
    I'm FAAAAAAAAAAT (almost 170 lbs...yeesh)

On a good note, work is picking up so we aren't so stressed about money. Maya and I are still going strong...I cannot believe we've been together now for over 2 years now, WOW! Seems like maybe 6 months ago I moved here and met her for the first time.

Time flies when your in love :P

There have been talks about getting back into the gym and getting our bodies back into prime shape again...we'll see where that goes, lol.

Maya says "Hi" back and sends hugs :)

5. Merk

Happy Freakin' Birthday to me! YAY!

6. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Happy B-day to you, bro! Have a good one!:)

7. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Happy bithday man....

Shit, I can barely remember being 25...:doh:

8. kree-kree

Happy Birthday Merk!

9. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Happy B-Day, Merk. You still weigh less than me so you can't be that fat.:lol: Although I am a few inches taller than you. ;) Hey Maya.:tucool:

10. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Buddy

11. Merk

Thank you so much guys for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it. It's crazy, I cannot believe I'm 25 already (not that I am old) but I remember my 4th birthday!!! Heck my 14th birthday didn't seem long ago, maybe a few years back at most.

FYI gym on Monday!

Gigantor - I'm still working on the video, I'm having issues with the program I'm editing with (microsoft movie maker) the program keeps locking up everytime I try and edit. I'm currently looking for another program to edit the vid(s) with. Hopefully I find something soon and get these new "posts" up and running.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Belated happy birthday, Merk. Hope it was a fun one!

13. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Merk - Hope you had/are having a great birthday!!:tucool:

14. Merk

Fallen from grace....

Well my friends it is that time again....

That time where I take another stab at writing regularly on JSF and get my health and fitness life back on its feet....and I'll tell you straight up I fell and fell hard. I let myself go. It has to be the worst I have looked in years.

I shaved a little hear, cut a little there, compromised, traded, and pushed aside parts of me to accommodate to our work schedule and demands of our everyday life. Somewhere, somehow health and fitness was one of those things I let go of.

Damn shame too. I was finally starting to make head way and noticed for my accomplishments.

Though...that's all started to change (again)

But this time it's different...much different. Maya and I (that's right ladies and gentlemen Maya and I are still together. 2.5 years now. Man time flies....) We took the plunge and bought a home gym. There will be no more excuses, no more whining, no more procrastinating, no more bullshit.

Long story short we managed to come across $2500-$3000 worth of gym equipment for $350!!! We have a Northern lights flex gym with all the attachements (200 lbs stack option), Northern lights adjustable bench, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 2 sets of 20 lbs pairs of hex dumbells. Not too bad I must say...

In time we are going to get a squat rack, Olympic barbell, 400 lbs worth of plates, heavier dumbells, dumbell rack, rubber mats, mirrors, etc. But for right now this is a good place to start. (We are so serious about this we actually put this all in our living room...erm old living room. We did some room swapping Christmas day...long story)

So far I have worked out a few times since getting it (last sunday) and so far so good. Nothing really set in stone just light weight, a couple exercises per bodypart, a couple of sets...just getting a feel for it again. I've also been cleaning up the diet, eating more frequently, drinking Xtend like there is no tomorrow, and overall feeling alot better than I was just a week ago.

I'm going to try and get back onto JSF either tonight or tomorrow with pictures of our gym, and also my stats. Be prepared it's all on an excel sheet and it ain't pretty.

I'm ripping, gnashing, and tearing my way back to the top of this heap. Prepare my crown and flesh and my throne of bones....

15. JDiesel

JDiesel Active Member

Welcome back! I know you've been an inspiration to many, and I look forward to following your climb back to the top :gl:

16. kree-kree

Well, well, well....look whos back!;) You have been missed (and Maya) and I look forward to following your journal once again. :nod:

Please give us an update on your family, dogs and your weight lifting friend (I forget their names...sorry). Congratulations on the new gym!

Welcome back!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi Ronn. Nice to see you posting again. Seems as if you (and Maya) have all the necessary ingredients for a successful climb back to the top of the heap.

Good luck with it!

18. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Good to see you back here!:tu:

You are not allowed to leave JSF ever again!:D

19. Merk

Today's weight update.

177.2 lbs @ 16.3% BF.

roughly 25 lbs to go....

the pictures of the gym will be coming later tonight. Last night it was on my mind to update as I had said I was going to however once I was done class, etc, etc. I ended up putting it off to spend some well needed quality time with Maya watching season 5 disc 5 of Greys Anatomy.

20. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

It's gettin late. pics. :p