1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ronn, I'm sorry to read about all of your family's health issues. Have you been able to find out any info on your father?

2. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I know I sort of left everything up in the air which in turn left you all hanging on whats been going on.

All in all my family is ok or about as good as they could be right now.

Maya is at home and safe, all is well there too.

Training and diet have been out the window since late last week. I had to get some blood tests done (10 vials of blood...and they weren't the small vials either...yeesh) which had me fasting for 15 hours followed by a 30 min walk/jog home.

Ronn was not a happy camper.

Anyways I wasn't able to train the evening I was fasting nor was I allowed to train the day I had the blood testing done. That of course tied right into easter...well not training done then either...or eating right. I was eating but like a normal human being. :rolleyes:

So I recieved an interesting surprise this morning.

I recieved my monthly Anabolic Xtreme newsletter and guess whos pug ugly face was featured as the "DISCIPLE OF THE MONTH"?.... and no it wasn't Chuck Norris.

Here is the link so that you may feast your eyes on such awesomeness!

http://newsletter.anabolicx.com/newsletters/rawtruth/april09.html

Cheers

3. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Glad to hear all is well Ronn.:)

Nice little article. It's really cool that you're getting your name and your pics out there for people to see. Congrats!

4. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Awesome! Congrats Ronn!

Hope you and the family are all doing well! :)

5. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Merk

Congratulations on the newsletter-spot! :tucool:

6. Merk

These past couple of weeks have been pretty rough on me mentally.

As I mentioned in my previous update that I had to get 10 vials of blood taken for a physical (not that there was anything wrong with me). Ever since I gave the blood I have been mentally haywire. I was extremely bothered with the thoughts that there might have been something wrong with me (diabetes, hep C, etc, etc)

Thankfully I didn't have to wait anything longer than the week inbetween the apts. Had it been anything longer...I would have went berserk!

Luckily enough all my worrying was for not. I'm perfectly fine, healthy as a horse (or so to speak).

Moving along....

Over the easter weekend I went out with a friend of mine on a nice wilderness walk. Well we came to a point were we had to walk across a fallen tree 5 feet above a marsh full of logs (we had to jump from this tree onto another three feet lower than it to get to the other side of this marsh). Well my friend got across these tree, made the jump and onto the other side.

I wasn't so lucky.

I made it to the end of the fallen tree, about to make the jump to the other tree when suddenly the part of the tree I was standing on gave way and I fell.

I dropped the 5 feet smashing into the logs and right into the water...cell phone and all. My lower back and legs took the impact I wish I could say I walked away unharmed. Even today my lower back and legs are sore (not only that but I got some sexy looking scratches right below my ass cheeks as well, lol).

This of course was right at the beginning of our 3 hour hike, lol.

So this week has been off from the gym entirely trying to let my legs and lower back heal up. I can tell you right now my diet has been BAD. I haven't been eating enough and what I have been eating hasn't been the best....dammit.

Also, I've been wanting to mention for awhile that I'm officially pulling out of the race to abs. Right now finances aren't allowing Maya and I to head to Chicago for the business get together we wanted to hit up (as well as the mini JSF get together with Ryanator)

To be frank I was really liking the way I was looking (least before this weeks bad diet). I had some good def. in the abs section but nothing too crazy. Had I dieted any lower I would have started to look small like I did last year and really for what? a wee bit more def? Lately I've been hitting PR's like crazy! Why mess with a good thing, you know?

I'm hoping I'll be able to hit the gym tomorrow and try and get myself going again. I don't want to lose the momentum I was having in the gym.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and vibes on the newsletter. This newsletter was a huge milestone for me. Its hard to believe just a few years ago I was overweight, abusing drugs/alcohol, eating badly and absolutely hated my life. Had you told me back then that someday I would be featured on various websites for my bodybuilding/fatloss accomplishments I would have laughed at you and told you that you were fuckin' crazy.

But here I am 4 years clean from drugs and serious alcohol dependancy rockin' my story to those who are willing to listen.

For those that read this that are overweight, stuck to the drugs or booze, or looking to change their life for the better I can tell you right here, right now it CAN be done. That you CAN do it.

I did..who am I? a nobody really. If I, a nobody, like myself can make this "miraculous" change than you can too!. Mainly I found that its not just a physical altering experience but a mental one as well. Infact I believe the biggest transformation and the one that counted as far as I am concerned was the change I have taken on mentally.

In as few word as possible I was an A grade asshole. I was negative about everything, I hated everything and anyone that resembled anything positive...seriously I wasn't a nice person to be around (I'm shocked to this day that I had friends during that time of my life and that they are still my friends today)

The way I think, feel, act, is completely different from back then. Everything, completely different. Its crazy!!

I best wrap this up. Its getting late and we have a long day tomorrow.

Night!

7. Merk

April 22 Back/Bi

Chins - 10xBW, 10xBW, 10xBW, 8xBW

BB Rows - 10x95, 8x135, 8x135, 9x135

Deadlifts - 10x135, 6x225, 2x225, 10x135, 10x135

BB Curl - 15x40, 15x40, 8x60, 15x40

I kept my workout light since its my first time back in a couple weeks. I started to go a little heavier on deads but then decided against it and stuck to the 135. Keep it simple.

Diet today hasn't been too terrible.

Its nice to be back in the gym!

8. Merk

....:ohnoes:

9. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Merk and Maya-

The two of you have been missed! Whats up? I sure life has been crazy (Merks big post kind of clued me in :lol:). If you get a chance I would love to hear from the two of you.

10. Merk

Hey YOU!!

We are alive...and well? :confused:

working, working, working.

...and working.

11. Merk

#1031 Merk, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  12. jasunkrebs

jasunkrebs Active Member

For some reason this reminds me of an ex-band member's new project, Austrian Death Machine. All the songs are based off Arnold movies. "Get to the choppa!" is a favorite off the record!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIO86jTrQQ

Great stuff!!
    -J

13. Merk

Austrian Death Machine is the BEST! My fav song is "Come with me if you want to live"

14. Merk

July 6th, 2009 Chest/Tri

Hammer strength Bench - 135x20, 225x15, 315x5, 185x10 drop 135x5

Cable Flies - 40lbsx10x4

Tri Pulldown - 60x15, 80x20, 100x10, 120x5

Dips - 25,30.

Diet...could have been better today

15. Merk

Sure has been a long time.....

Hey Everyone.

Its been awhile....I have to say I've really missed posting and really being apart of the JSF community (especially after being honored with June 2009's transformation here on JSF).

Being seen and respected here on JSF for my transformation and my accomplishments through the transformation of the month has been one of the greatest highlights of my fitness journey...yet it was during what had to be one of the worst slumps in my life in some time. My diet and training has basically come to a crashing halt. I've tripped up...tripped up on life.

Life has dealt out some real fucked up cards lately that has Maya and I really reeling. I don't want to bore you with all the details, but I will say this. Money is tight...really tight and eating and training properly isn't much of an option. So we have been doing what we can do to survive.

Its all about priorities and I think having a roof over our heads, bills paid, and a little food the gut is a little more important to me vs looking decent, living in a cardboard box, and being chased be creditors.

But just a temporary set back kiddies.

On a good note.

Recently I was approached to do nutritional guidance for a company that works with TAPOUT fighters down in Vegas. Long story short on that one, They flew me there, did a half assed interview in a mall, and that was that. It seems to have fizzled out I guess.

BUT! I did get to go to Vegas! That was AWESOME! Maya and I stayed at the Hilton and had a blast. Can you believe we never really left the hotel?! Seriously! We didn't even go see the strip. I know, I know its sad. But it is what it is....damn sun tanning, buffets, and coconut Mojitos!! LOL.

Oh and I gambled....the one thing I am DEAD set against...I did :(. I gambled $1 ....and then won $10! :p

...I totally cashed out after that. I ended my gambling spree on top, WOO!.

Besides that there hasn't been too much to report of interest. Just workin' like an asshole trying to make a living, you know?

Oh wait! There is another thing of interest now that I remember. My brother Neill is heading here on the weekend of the 18th to visit and him and I are going to get tattoos together....again, LOL!

What ended up happening is I receive a very interesting and very drunkly written message on facebook from him saying he is going to come visit, we'll get tattoo's together...his treat. He wants to pay, I don't owe him anything, were brothers...

Just drunken jargin, you all know what I mean.

We'll to be a smart ass I called him the day after bright and early asking him if he remembered the email and if he was serious. We'll wouldn't you know, he remembered AND he was serious (and no wasn't still drunk). So I booked the apts and were going to get tattooed on July 18th.

I'm excited! It's been over 2 years since I was last tattooed. I think I'm damn well due! It's strange Neill and I seem to have our brotherly bonding moments while getting tattooes, LOL. Seriously, him and I have been getting tattooed together for the past....6-7 sessions I've had, I've been with him.

BUT! Its now after 11pm and I have to be up early for work.

Its good to stop in and chat with all of you. I hope I can do it more often from here on out. There has been so many times I have wanted to say something...anything but just too afraid to for some reason.

Have a good night everyone :)

Ronn

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey Ronn. Sorry to read about the tough times that you and Maya are experiencing and I hope that things turn around for you in short order.

I got a chuckle when you wrote about Vegas because I'm not a gambler either. The last time I was there, about six years ago, my wife and I spent a total of one dollar gambling, just as you did. Unfortunately for us we didn't have the return that you did.

Enjoy the time with your brother. Have you decided on the tatoo you'll be getting?

17. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

It's nice to see you're still checking in here once in a while.:tucool:

I hope things start looking up for you and Maya in the very near future.

18. Merk

Hey Everyone,

Diet and training is still in utter chaos at this point, but what can you do? both Maya and I are trying to eat better and get ourselves back on track. But this is proving to be more difficult than one would think.

Again with everything going on around us the diet and training just isn't priority. Though we are trying...kind of, lol.

Everything is on the up and up from a business and personal aspect. We have been house hunting over the last little bit and today we found a place that is a little more geared for us, not only that but its in a part of the city we have been wanting to be in AND will be $1000 cheaper a month.

It isn't 100% for sure right now, but it feels good. I'm hoping it works out.

YAY!

Business has been picking up and all I see is it continuing that way. We've been getting more orders (which have been keeping me busy) plus there are a couple propositions we are looking at for the other side of our business, both to which will benefit us regardless of which one we choose.

I'm going to wrap this up, its getting late and tomorrow morning comes fast.

Hopefully all of you reading this are doing well and pushing hard in the gym :D Have an extra protein shake for me.

Ronn

19. Merk

Thanks for the positive vibes..I think they are helping, lol.

You sir are my hero for spending just one hearty dollar in Vegas like we did. We should start the $1 Vegas club, lol

Neill and I have already got the design ready to rock and roll. It's something we have been wanting to get for some time. Its literally come down to time and money.

Its going to be "Boog" script that will say "Strength beyond Strength". Were going to both get it right under our collar bones.

This saying signifies so many things. Its in memory of the late Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott. He is one of the biggest reasons I ever picked a guitar and continue to play today.

Not only that but it represents my life. My life has taken strength beyond strength to get through. The drugs, the drinking, physical and mental abuse as a child...by rights I should be in jail right now, that or dead. However, I have fought and scraped to have a better life than what I was born and raised in.

Finally, it represents the bond that both Neill and I have. Through the thick and thin of life's ups and downs we have remained close. There has been nothing that has been able to shake our brotherly bonds. I'm not saying its all been a walk in the park, no, no. But regardless of what has happened we have come out on top, together...you know?

Once we get our work done on Saturday I'll post some pictures up.

20. Merk

Everyday bro, everyday. I have to keep on top of my jsf family, lol.

FYI, you need to start busting out more youtube vids. I loved watching you destroy that CoC gripper. I want some so bad. If you still have those grippers kicking around you said you toss to me let me know. I'll knab them for sure (providing they aren't an arm and a leg, lol)

I think things are getting better, just taking one day at a time :)