1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

March 27, 09 Shoulders/Calves

1 hr session

Seated BB Press - 205x8, 210x6 PR, 215x7 PR

Seated Db Press - 60'sx10, 60'sx10

Seated Calf raises - 70x15x2

Standing Calf raises - 87.5x10, 100x10

After that I did 7 min walking on the treadmill backwards with on max incline at a 2.5 spd. After that I did an additional 8 min of cardio.

Well I hit a couple more PR's as you can see. 210 lbs at 6 reps...I was pretty stoked! I had Maya sit in for the last set. I felt I had another 5 lbs in me so I slapped it on and a way I went. I took 6 reps down like nothing, 7 went well, 8....not so much. Thank god Maya was there spotting had she not been I may have been in some trouble.

The rest of the workout...well...I pushed had and did my best is all I can say. I wasn't impressed with the numbers AT ALL. But hey I did my best, right?

Diet has been not too shabby today could have been better but I'm not worried about it.

2. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Your press numbers are insane!!!!

3. Merk

Dude I'm sure you can rock stomp the crap outta me in that area as well. I mean you ONLY deadlift a Baggillion pounds

But thanks :D

4. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Hah you'd think since I weigh 205ish now that I could press more, but you have me beat on press and you weigh like 50 lbs less, damn you!

5. Merk

Short arms, LOL.

Right now I'm trying to catch you on squats and deads....I have a ways to go. Right now I'm trying to get away from the SLDL on my back days and going more for the conventional deadlift see if I can get a few more lbs in with doing with switch (man doing a conventional dead is so messed compared to what I am used to more often than not I find myself trying to do SLDLs while trying to lift :rolleyes: But I'm getting it....I think:confused:)

6. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

You might not be impressed with the numbers...but we are. Wish I could lift that heavy on a cut! :eek:

As for the diet...you say you're not worried...just letting you know you should be ;). Good thing you have that cardio session on me this weekend. :lol::tucool:

Hope you're having a great weekend buddy! :nod:

P.S. Thank God for strong women to spot us at the gym. :lol:

7. Merk

:love:

Oohhhhhh big words on the diet, lol. Well FYI I was a solid 157 this morning, wOOt. TAKE THAT! HA! I have about another 6-7 lbs to go and I'll have some solid abs. MUH HAW HAW HAW! Actually right now I can see the top ones pretty well. I'll have to take a picture...that or course should light a solid fire under your ass, LOL.

I have to admit its crazy to see how my numbers are still going up on certain exercises (Squats, Deadlifts, etc) while I'm trying to cut down. I'm punching out numbers that I wasn't seeing at a heavier body weight last year. Though I feel I'm much more focused on my lifts than I've ever been. Logging my lifts has really been beneficial. I constanty push for that extra 5 lbs or extra couple of reps. Its paying off :D

I have to totally agree with you, Thank god for strong women to spot us. Maya is by far the BEST gym partner I've ever had. I don't know what I would do without her sometimes :love: :dreamy:

Hope your weekend is going well man. Hopefully you'll have some time to unwind a little

8. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

Hi Merk

Just checked out your Journal and saw your Transformation of the Week on Bodybuilding.com :eek:

... and the weights you lift! :eek:

impressive stuff. I think you may become a bit of an inspiration for me for my next bulk! When was that photo taken on your personal page??

9. Merk

March 29th, 09 - Legs

60 min session (including cardio)

200 squats

80 lunges

80 calf raises

33 min of cardio

Very high rep workout. I wanted to do something that was out of the norm....well I think this was out of the norm for sure :D

Yesterday I broke the 157 lbs barrier with 156.0 lbs on the scale and then I broke that barrier this morning with 154.6 lbs

:eek:

Weight loss much?....too much for me.

So I'm going to pack in some grub today as well as Friday and Saturday. All clean food, just alot more than I have been eating the last few days.

Maya left for Poland yesterday...:( I'm not a happy camper. Of course the past couple of days my diet has been crap! Seriously....I haven't been eating enough. Plus there was a plate of pasta, a big ass cookie, and bag of popcorn involved the past couple of days as well I'm not proud to admit to.

and I didn't do my cardio last night....:o

Anywho...I should be off I have some rowdy kids that want to go outside and do there thing.

10. Merk

Hey Akira-Kai!

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to check out my transformation of the week on BB.com.

The picture on my personal profile page here on JSF was taken last summer while I was prepping for a bodybuilding competition (so around June/July give or take).

Thanks for stopping by.

11. Merk

Well today has been interesting....

So far I did an unintentional 3 HOURS of cardio ....:eek:

I had some errands to run and thought it would maybe take me an hour/hour and a half at most to get done (an estimation on foot to do). So I figured what the hey? I'd hit it up since I didn't do my cardio last night.

Took a little longer than I had expect as you can see. Right now my feet, knees, and back are killing me! Of course I didn't eat JUST before I left so I am WAY behind on my meals. I basically missed an entire meal so now I have to try and play catch up somewhere today to make up for it.

and to think I have a back/bi workout to do tonight. Thank God for this Race to abs competition or else I'm not sure if I would have the drive to really go tonight. But I will :evil:

12. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Hey Merk, good chattin' last night! Sorry to hear you never made it to your cardio, but sounds like you more than made up for it today!

I too, will be heading off for my gym session shortly. I hope we both make the best of it! I know you will, so of course that will be my motivting factor! :lol::tucool:

13. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3 hours?????? That'll burn some calories!

Now go and tear up your back and biceps!:tucool:

14. Merk

April 1, 09 - Back/Bi

35 min session

Pulldown R grip - 60x15, 140x6, 150x5 PR, 135x10

Cable Rows - 180x10, 210x10

Chins - 6, 5 WTF?

BB Rows - 145x10, 150x10

Deadlifts - 275x3, 225x1

Well...it wasn't my best workout ever but I did the best I could with whatever energy I had left in me. Also I had a MASSIVE headache that really was clouding my focus. Once I hit the chins I knew I was spent but I pushed through the BB rows and finally once I hit the deadlifts...I cashed it in. My head was pounding so bad I could barely keep my eyes open. I actually woke up with the damn thing (thank god for advil, YAY!)

Diet was not bad yesterday. It could have been better (meaning I could have ate more...however)

15. Merk

April 2nd, 09 - Off

Well today was supposed to be a day off. However I had a client in need of some product so...guess who did more cardio today....yeah :blank:

So I did about 1 hour and 40 min of cardio today.

I hate cardio.

FYI I was 154 lbs again this morning....dammit

16. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

:eek:

Nice work! :claplow:

Me too....I play sports to get cardio...far less monotinous....:nod:

17. Merk

Thanks but for me I HATE cardio. About as much as I hate teeth extractions.

18. Merk

Well I JUST caved on the diet. We are running low on ...everything and I was SO hungry. I just ate a whole pot of pasta. :o Whoops.

#998 Merk, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  19. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Whole wheat? :spank:

20. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Re-feed