1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Ok so here are the totals so far....

Totals Cals 1489/Fat 22/Carb 151/Prot 177

Its a little low right now, but I know I can get it up to where it needs to be by a reasonable hour.

Today I'm taking off from the gym. Work has been horrid and we have to get up early tomorrow. Have another roadtrip....wOOt...not.

Last nights sleep was good, but not enough. I can tell, I'm a little cranky today. So tonight I'm going to do some posing, cardio, and possibly a nice bath before bed.

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Looking good in your latest pics, Ronn. How's your mom doing?

3. Merk

Thanks,

No new info on Mom yet. Going to call my sister tonight and see if she has any new news.

4. Merk

Yesterdays diet

Cals 1914/ Fat 41/ Carb 154/ Prot 241

Everything looked good other than the carbs. I was 50 short of where I wanted to be, I wasn't impressed. But there is no sense in crying over spilled milk, right?

Yesterday was a good day and a bad day.

I recieved a call from my Grandma. She called me about Mom and was telling me that Mom was moved to a step down unit and she was awake. Also that she doesn't have diabetes but instead it was an issue with the liver, hypoglycemia I believe. Apparantly its common for people that have hypoglycemia to be initally diagnosed with diabetes.

I was so excited! I got the hospital number from my Grandma and called right away. :spaz:

It was so wonderful to hear her voice and to see she was in far better shape than expected. Considering her state she was rather on the ball, she remembered the last time we talked and what we talked about. Also she remembered the last thing she was doing before collapsing. I was impressed.

Though when I was talking to her you could tell she wasn't quite the same mentally.

Have you ever watched in a movie when someone is on there death bed and when they are talking there voice sounds tired? When they speak the words are slightly drawn out and there voice sounds...smooth?

Well thats how she sounded.

Plus the fact she was talking so calmly about death and dying and....fuck I started to BAWL!

Long story short we talked, it was good to hear her voice. When I got off the phone I sat down on the couch, plunked my head into Mayas lap and cried.

After a calmed down I called my brother to let him know she was awake and talking. I'm going to call his step mom today and ask if I can give him her number so that they can talk.

I talked with Bob for a good hour, not so much about Mom but about music, art, etc. Try and take his mind off it all. Poor kid....

Gym, Cardio, Posing...went all to hell. By the time I was off the phone it was past 11 pm. Usually I would be "hardcore" enough to have done it, but I was emotionally drained. I was tired....it was time for bed. So I listened to my body and did as it asked.

This morning I woke up feeling groggy and slightly bummed out. I rushed downstairs to clean the kitchen before Maya got up, made her coffee and oatmeal. :)

I weighed myself this morning.

151.2...YESSSSS!

OMRON 8.5%....NOOOOOOOOO!

Damn thing is out to get me I swear!

Today is going to be a busy one, have to head out on another business trip, plus a client when we get back. UFFF! The growing pains of a business.

Anyways I'm off. I need to shower, shave my other leg....still, eat, and what have you.

I'll update later with my diet and whatnot

See you then! :tu:

5. Merk

Ok so its NOT hypoglycemia, Maya and I were chatting about that. I mixed up the two, though I cannot remember what the name is of that issue.

Its termed as the silent killer :p also it yellows the skin giving people a "golden tan" look. Ugggh I wish I could remember the name.

If anyone knows, help me out, lol

6. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

I know the one you're talking about dude, where the skin goes yellow from a lack of 'cleansing' properly of the system.

Such goods news she doesn't have diabetes, whilst everyone says that you shouldn't let diabetes control your life, the fact is, it can dictate certain things, and is a burden I wouldn't want to place upo anybody.

And boy do I know about that 'death bed' thing. I've been put there twice by my diabetes[a combination of having 48 hour sickness and it messing my blood sugars], and the last time[2 weeks before Xmas] I was convinced I was going to die. Felt like my soul had left me and I was limp and powerless in bed. When my friends came to see me theywhere visibly shocked. However, I loved seeing how my body powered back, accepted the drugs being pumped into me and I was feeling better within a week, makes me realise how quite wonderful the body really is.

7. OrangeTiger

OrangeTiger Active Member

8. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

I think you are talking about Jaundice? Or perhaps hyperbilirubinemia, which causes Jaundice.

9. Merk

I know it isn't Jaundice

I just checked it on google and remembered the name. Its Hemochromatosis

Haemochromatosis (American spelling hemochromatosis), is a hereditary disease characterized by excessive absorption of dietary iron resulting in a pathologic increase in total body iron stores. Humans, like virtually all animals, have no means to excrete excess iron.[1] Excess iron accumulates in tissues and organs disrupting their normal function. The most susceptible organs include the liver, adrenal glands, the heart and the pancreas; patients can present with cirrhosis, adrenal insufficiency, heart failure or diabetes. [2] The hereditary form of the disease is most common among those of Northern European ancestry, in particular those of British descent.[3]

"Haemochromatosis" less often refers to the condition of iron overload as a consequence of multiple transfusions. A more preferred term in the United States for transfusional iron overload is hemosiderosis. Those with hereditary anemias such as beta-thalassaemia major, sickle cell anemia and Diamond-Blackfan anemia who require regular transfusions of red blood cells are all at risk for developing life-threatening iron overload. Older patients with various forms of bone marrow failure such as with myelodysplastic syndrome who become transfusion-dependent are also at risk for iron overload.

10. Merk

Ok so here are the totals for today

Totals Cals 2011/Fats 56/Carb 181/Pro 198

I know the fat is high, but Maya and I had a couple big fat ole steaks. It was in celebration to a day of hell and coming back out alive.

The business trip we had went to hell. Our car broke down part way there, we had to wait 2 hours for CAA to come pick us up. We were towed to the nearest town (which was 10 min away thank god) Had the local mechanics take a look and found out our battery bit the dust...of course it took them ripping out the alternator and putting in a new one before figuring that out.

But the car is running again....$200 later, god it doesn't end with this car.

So we missed out business meeting. We were to be there at 12:30...we didn't leave this little down until after 5 pm.

So we drove back, grabbed some groceries, came home and found a rabbit has totalled our garden. Ate down almost everything. I'm not impressed.

So the steaks went on! Didn't weigh 'em..nothing. Grilled and ate. Though Maya took the fat off hers, hell I ate everything besides the bone!

FYI I'm pretty burned on the face and head from today, sitting in the car for 2 hours with nothing to do wasn't good.

Today is cardio and posing. Try and catch up for yesterday.

Anyways I'm off, if I eat anything more tonight I'll post it.

11. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I'm glad to hear that your Mom doesn't have Diabetes. I hope things will continue to improve with her condition.

We had a couple of big Ribeye steaks on the grill for dinner tonight too! Man, did they hit the spot!:tucool:

12. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I'm thinking there's going to be rabbit stew at Maya and Merks house coming up....:nod:

13. Merk

MUH HAW HAW HAW! :evil:

14. Merk

Last night I did my posing and cardio...12 am, didn't get to bed until 1 am or so. I'm pretty sure I was almost falling asleep while doing it, Thank god for Garfield and friends, lol. Kept my attention.

I didn't eat anything else yesterday, I know my carbs were a bit lower, but everything else was in order. So I figured I'd keep the lower carb part of the ratio.

Anyways work has me on my toes, so I best be off.

EDIT~ I was 151.6 this morning @ 8.3% BF

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    They're on my menu for tonight. :eat:

Merk, any updates from your Mom?

16. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

I remember watching a TV show about a guy with hemochromatosis.:( Hope your mom's doing ok now!

17. Merk

mmmmmm steak!

Nothing new on Mom

18. Merk

She's doing better than we all expected which is good :tu:

19. Merk

Here are the totals for today so far.

Totals Cals 801/fat 13/Carb 122/Pro 67

Maya and I are heading to the gym soon, going to work legs. YAY!

Also heading to RONA for some chicken wire and a construction Stapler. That rabbit ate down more stuff again. GRRRRRR! Little bugger, gonna fix him good today.

Also I figured I'd chime in that I've been using glucosamine, Fish oils, and Apple Cider Vineger pills daily now. I don't know if the ACV pills are doing anything, but figured I would try a natural weight loss aid and see what it'll do.

20. Merk

Did more cardio and posing last night...12 am once more. I'm really getting into a nasty groove doing cardio and posing at that hour. Its cutting into my sleep. Hell I've been up for almost 3 hours and my eyes still feel sandy, bah!.

So here are the totals for yesterday

Cals 2219/Fat 41/Carb 246/Pro 226

Protein was a little too high, but not bad. Everything else was in order. Starting today I have to drop to 230 carbs.

Oh I was 152 today, didn't touch the OMRON, was in a rush this morning.

But I'm off, will update what happens throughout today.