1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Merk...Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead..Journal.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Merk, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Hey JSF

I'm back...again, but with a vengance. This past summer was a huge learning experience for me. I had some serious ups and downs (like usual it would seem with me) and again I had hung my lifting belts back on the wall. But as of November 1rst things have massively changed. I moved into the new house..FINALLY! with that massive hurdle behind me I was instantly fired back up. Needless to say I have RIPPED those lifting belts off the wall ripping down the walls I put them on so I can no longer put them back up there again...So since Nov 1rst I have been damn well spot on with my meals. One cheat a week, and I have stuck to it. With doing so I have dropped from 171-175lbs (yeah I gained some weight back) to 164.2 lbs as of 2 mornings ago. I am eating more than I EVER have. I'm slamming a consistant 5-6 meals a day. ALL whole food, no shakes. I'm roughly intaking 2500 cals daily holding a 32/32/36 (fat/carbs/protien) split. I look just as cut as I was back last October, But I'm 164 not 158. So I have been able to pack on a couple lbs over the year. Now only had I been serious about it all, I could have packed on so much more. BUT! I cannot change the past only the future. I just have to learn from my shortcomings so I don't fall in the same ruts I was falling into. I'm going to go through my daily diets for the month and add them here. Just so you all know I'm for real this time. The workout routine is alot different than it used to be. My Legs need some TLC so I am devoting alot more time for them. My Legs look alot better than they used to but they still need more work...mainly calves, lol!

Mon- Legs (heavy)
    Tues- Chest/Shoulders/Traps
    Wed- Off
    Thurs- Back/Legs (light)
    Fri- Bis/Tris
    Sat- Off
    Sun- Off

I can honestly say that Maya really keeps me on track when it comes to the diet. She cracks the whip on me, seriously. Her and I are looking into working out with her friend/trainer Poldek. Its looking to be a couple times a week once things pick up. I'm hoping to see him on the days I do my legs, I am really serious about catching them up. Infact somewhere along the way I developed a liking for legs now. Its wierd. Another thing, I am no longer holding that powerlifting mentality. I've racked my ego at the door. I'm concentrating on size, thats it. So I've dropped the weight and gained more reps. So no more 500 lbs bench and no more 720 lbs shrugs (if you don't believe me, I have the vids on youtube!! So feel free to ask for the link to 'em I'm MORE than happy to give it out). So with saying all that, pics will be added shortly.

I'm out, peace.
    Ronn

2. haleygirl82

haleygirl82 Active Member

u like skinless i take it, i saw ur heading and i had to say something lol

3. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

Can I see the 500lb bench video?

:gl:

4. Merk

You know I seen that saying on a t-shirt somewhere over the years and it really stuck to me when it comes to a gym attitude.

5. Merk

For sure! I will warn you it isn't free weight (BOO!) :o Its on a wierd ass machine. Actual free weight bench for me is 315 lbs. But lately I've been doing more 200-225 lbs trying to concentrate more on the chest squeeze and whatnot. Also in the vid I am using an inside grip...worked the chest better for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QU7kYqduY
    also the shrugs is here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hb-6Jbq4T0

6. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

Whew I was really scared for a bit, and wondering why you weren't competing on the world level in powerlifting :lol:. 315 is huge too, though, nice work.

7. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

D!
    I can't help but: :D.... I just love your avatar ;)
    PS. Your legs look awesome, seriously

8. Merk

LOL, you know man. I have been floating around the 300 lbs mark for bench for the past couple years now. For some reason it seems as soon as I start to break past previous goals I go on these fucking undetermined Haitus'. Then once I get back in there I get pissy with myself that I cannot lift what I used to. Go figure? :rolleyes: Oh well whatever. Maya keeps my ass in line now.

I should warn everyone now. This journal isn't going to be as "pleasing" to read as the last journal I had in the media gallery. This is going to be a little more raw, a little more me. I mean the other journal had alot of me in there, but I held back on alot of things and tried to keep things "professional". Well not anymore. This one is ALOT more personal. I have to be straight up I have a POTTY mouth. I mean its not like I'm a sailor or anything (no offence to people in the navy). But I tend to have a liking for foul words, muh haw haw haw haw Fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck! See?

Anyways. Maya and I hit the gym pretty hard today, it was a good workout. Today was Chest (we only did chest today..had to keep it short, damn gym closed at 10 or some shit and lots of people wasting time and in the way).

D-bell press 4x12

Incline D-bell press 2x10, 1x9, 1x10

This wierd machine d-bell press thingy...works AWESOME! 4x10, then did a drop set from 60 lbs per hand to 15 lbs per hand. I dropped in 10 lbs incriments. I would do 10 reps then drop, once I hit the 15 lbs I did 15 reps.

Finished everything off with 3 sets of ab work, yee haw.

Felt so good after, no pump but it felt like a had really wore the muscle out. I love that feeling. Even now I cannot flex my chest, the muscle just fails. So good.

Afterwards stopped by Starbucks for a coffee and a fucking mint brownie. I'm telling you, they are so damn good. I haven't had one for awhile (few weeks or so) So it was a nice treat. There was this greek pita place across the street so we stopped in. Got these chicken pitas. Damn it was so good, felt like I was eating McDonalds or something. But not so shitty. So there was the cheat meal for the week.

Including the cheat meal we had 5 meals today, Oh had a shake today. Just before the gym. Went to bulk barn for oatmeal and found they sell whey isolate, So grabbed some for shits. Got it home and wow it tasted like balls (what do you expect though? its bulk barn..oh well had to try right? with about 4 splenda it isn't too too bad. But bad enough to make you shudder).

Looking forward to tomorrow mornings oatmeal, blueberries, pressed cottage cheese and yogourt. So damn good. Aiight, I'm out..gonna grab 2 tbsp of pb before hitting the sack.

Night
    Merk

9. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

I think there are some fucking sailors around here somewhere...:D

10. Merk

LMFAO

11. Merk

Thank god today was a day off from the gym. Today had to be one of my more physical days outside of the gym. There is a SHITLOAD of yard work that needed to be done. Any of you that are living in the northern states and in Canada are most likely thinking "what the fuck son??? that shit should have been done a month ago" Well what can I say? I was too busy (and lazy) to go get the tools to do so. Well finally after a "friendly" reminder from the "friendly neighbours" :rolleyes: about how the yard and garden were looking unkept. Well Maya and I got pissy about it and bought the damn tools and did the front today. All the trimming and raking. I'm telling you I trimmed (hacked) all the damn daisys that were in the gardens around the house. Seriously I was pissed right the fuck off. Mainly I'm pissed that the neighbours give a damn and that I HATE FUCKING DAISIES!!! ...they were ugly redheaded stepchild daisies, you cannot love 'em. Its a rule! But seriously these daisies were EVERYWHERE. They invaded all the flowerbeds. BADLY! So trimming them all was a hay day. The raking was the usual...raking. But with all the crap I hacked out of the flowerbeds it made the job of raking so much harder...fuck. But thank god we hacked the flowers and THEN rake. I mean to do it the reverse. I would have been some pissed. Anywho, after that I cleaned up the garage..a mans haven. You you know I never understood the whole connection between men and there garages...its fucked. Anyways, after that I cleaned the car. Maya has been begging me to clean it so I FINALLY did. I actually had fun doing it. I cranked the tunes in the car to drown out the vac and cleaned a way!. After that got all the recycling and garbage together (I forgot to mention the woman that lived here before left AND dumped off a ton of crap for recycling...long story) So I rummaged through it all and sorted it. Got it out on the street for the morning. Sorry for the rant but fucking nieghbours calling that the yard is a mess erm "needs some trimming". Nosey bastards :mad: The nerve of these people. On top of it all the neighbours are a bunch of asses. I mean you pass them on the street and give a warm smile or hello and they are all "ooooooh look at me I'm Paris Hilton... I'm too good for you, thats hot" look. Uggh. People like that deserve some serious :spank:

"I'll crush you like a cracker over soup....mmmm thank you"

THATS what they need, muh haw haw haw :evil:

...Whew, I feel a little better.

So yeah the diet was solid today, oh I weighed in today 164.4. wOOt!

meal 1 - 1 cup of oatmeal, 0.3 cup of blueberries, 100 g of pressed cottage cheese, 2 tbsp of yogourt.

meal 2 - hamburger, saurkraut, bean salad (in vinegar), half a danish, half a french pastry, and a diet coke...yeah yeah semi cheat. eat me! :p

meal 3 - 1.5 chicken breast, 1.5 cup of veggies.

meal 4 - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of veggies.

Thats been it so far, I'll have another meal before bed. Most likely 100g of pressed cottage cheese and a couple tbsp of PB or something.

Stay classy San Diego

Ronn

12. Merk

PS~ I was the one that mainly got pissy about it, not Maya...well she did a little but I personally got a little more uptight about the entire ordeal. Now usually I wouldn't be so GARRRRRRR! about it, seriously. I have no issue in doing this type of stuff. But we have been SUPER busy lately, rush, rush, rush. We've been trying to get it done and it was bothering us as well. But since when is it other neighbours business? furthermore it wasn't that bad. Yes there was leaves and yes there was some trimming that need doing. But oi!....oh and it wasn't a hamburger I had for meal 2 it was more like a big ass meatball. mmmmmm so good.

Sorry for going off like that, I was just so....I had some pent up frustration (and really tired, haven't been sleeping well for a few nights...stomach issues). But I'm good now.

13. Merk

Man the first time I seen his Avatar I laughed EDIT, but seriously D your legs are looking good bro, keep it up.

14. Merk

Well today was an amazing day! seriously. I had myself a solid 11 hours of sleep. I think my body did some serious catching up from the past week of broken sleep. I felt so solid today, really on the ball. Food intake was alot more than normal.

Meal 1 - 1 cup of oatmeal, .3 cup of blueberries, 2 tbsp of yogourt, 1 chicken breast

1 tbsp of PB

Meal 2 - 1 can o' tuna, 2 cups of broccoli, 1.5 tbsp of stinky foot cheese (parmasan cheese)

Then went to Popeyes to do some shoppin'. Picked up a tub of Cytosports MuscleMilk (Rocky Road). All I can suggest...pick the damn stuff up its like CRACK!! So damn good, and good for ya! Its like a cheat meal...but not. Also Neill from Popeyes gave me this taste tester of the new Oh Yeah bar (its chocolate, peanuts, toffee, fudge). For a protein bar...WOW! makes Detour bars look like...shit, seriously. So good. Maya wasn't impressed I didn't share any, lol.

so back to my meals...

1 taste tester of Oh yeah!

Meal 3 - .5 serving of MuscleMilk

Meal 4 - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup of broccoli

Meal 5 - .5 serving of MuscleMilk

Meal 6 - 1 serving of Whey Isolate, .5 cup of white rice.

...thats it so far. I'll grab some PB before bed again like last night, a tbsp or so. Maybe some pressed Cottage cheese as well....mmmmmm.

Besides all that..uhhh. The days been good. Mom came over and chilled...cleaned a wee bit. Nothing special. Oh wait! there was a killer wind storm here AND it was garbage day. LMFAO. there was garbage cans, garbage, recycling bins EVERYWHERE!!!! I had to clean some garbage up today. But I laughed when I seen the chaos going on outside. I mean there were garbage bins in the middle of the road, rolling down the street! I grabbed a few and set them off to the side of the road since I didn't know where they belonged. I seen one that came down the street and went around a corner. Glad I'm not the person that owned that garbage can, lol. Anyways I'm off to lurk a bit on the site.

Stay fit and have fun!!

Ronn

(As you can see I started to use corny lines from saftey and health commercials for sheer amusement!)

15. Merk

PS~ Had a killer back workout today too! Almost forgot to mention. It was a heavier back day.

Deadlifts~ (135) 1x 20, (185) 1x10, (235) 1x6,(255) 1x5, (260) 1x5

Machine Rows~ (100 per hand) 1x1...too heavy I knew I could do more but with improper form...fuck that. Ok so....(80 per hand) 4x8-10

Pull ups~ 4 x until failure (my forearms were giving out before my back...I wasn't impressed)

I was shocked with my Deads, I thought it was 235 for some reason. I haven't done heavy deads for a long time so I was blown away when I came home and calculated it. So maybe next heavy back day I might add another 10 lbs to my deads wOOt!

16. Merk

PPS~ 164.0 this morning. Still droppin' Might add some cals..another 200-300 to the diet. See what happens from there.

17. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

Hi Maya :whistle:

Haha, originally I didn't have it edited, but I got two complaints within 5 minutes so I edited it.

The lament of Big_D..:D

Well don't let that shit happen again. I'll be watching! :cool:

Nice work Merk.

18. George

George Senior Member

You've been making some great progress, Ronn! :)

It's a good thing you knocked all of that yard work out when you did. We just got buried by some snow and I know you guys are only a few hours away from here.

19. Merk

Complaints, eh? people were just jealous I'm sure, lol. As for me, if I start to slip I give you full rights to slap me around like the bitch that I am :nod:

20. Merk

Oh fuck! It better not snow here. Seriously I want to have a green birthday and I only have a few more days to go. If it can hold out until then I will pumped!.