1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

meanderingly

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by dejavued, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

well i just finished a two year challenge in my downstairs journal so it's time for a new one!

this one is going to last one year.

in typical deja fashion i'll be using a point system.

goal is to get 150 pts by the end of september 2014.

i earn a point for each day i nail my nutrition. (step forward)

i lose half a point for each day i binge, or eat a bunch of junk, or have a ton of beers. (step backward)

days where i might splurge some, but keep it to a reasonable, healthy, not gluttonous level don't affect my point status one way or the other.

hopefully end up doing something like 180 perfect days, 60 naughty days, and 120 pretty good days.

the last challenge was two years long and goal was to get 365 points for perfect days. i was successful.....and definitely think it was helpful towards my goals..... but hopefully this challenge will get me away from eating like shit on all of my not perfect days. always trying to find that happy medium.

workout wise...... as long as i'm having perfect nutrition days i don't miss workouts. strength training is my therapy and happy pill rolled into one.

have a few strength goals for the year...... would like to get a 120 lb strict military press, a 200 lb front squat and a 375 lb deadlift.

just went through a super stressful month of moving and having a lot of last minute work schedule changes and other stuff. that is finally tapering (officially moved out of my apartment this morning and have averaged about 3 hours a day sleep and many hours a day driving over the last two weeks).

i work 12.5 hour shifts and rotate from nights to days each week so that's a big challenge. i also spend my days off two hours away where my gf lives.

so lots of challenges but i do my best to get it done.

i'm pretty fluffy at the moment. definitely need to get dialed in and back to where i am at that "this feels amazing" lean state. as long as my muffin top is in check i'm a pretty happy chick.

enough blabbering.....

points 1 & 2 are in the book!

2. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Yay! :dance:

Welcome to the upstairs!!! :spaz:

:love: LOVE the point system! :heart:

:jk0:

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

As always I'll be following along and I'm sure you're going to nail your goals. :nod:

4. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Good to see you back on this side.

5. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:wave: howdy kids.

nutrition was excellent. calories on the low side but i don't have any groceries here yet so is to be expected.

only have a barbell, some big plates (one set of tens but no fives or anything) and some of my bigger dumbbells here so tonights workout was definitely unique lol. went with mp, power cleans, front squats and dumbbell rows. didn't even write down the weights. but i got something in......and with that i'm satisfied.

point 3.

off to lalaland. still have three more shifts to make it through this week. at least that 75 hour paycheck for the week should make it worth it. :)

6. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Welcome back Deja. Dont know what you do, or where you are from, but I dig how you write about working out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

i live in ohio at the moment. work in a steel mill ......building the buckets of scrap that we melt into billets. operate one of these:

[​IMG]

a little bit different. bigger actually. (liebherr 944). but you get the idea.

nutrition was excellent again today. made it to the grocery store so i have enough good food to pack for my shifts over the weekend. got stuff to take a salad (w chicken and bacon of course), some cottage cheese, beef jerky, apples, few other things i can't think of. keeping calories really low this week ...... it's been a couple months of a lot of gluttony so getting myself back to a lean state of mind. really really want to focus on learning to have more balance on my good days and not be too ridiculously strict to where i eat a bunch of junk on my other days. this summer i've really improved at making better choices when i eat out. if i can continue to improve on that front it will be a great thing. :)

finally caught up on sleep a bit since i got 7 hours the last two nights. amazing to come home from work and not be utterly exhausted. was going to deadlift but the guys are working on a car in the shop right now (where i have my weights) so i'll do that tomorrow.

point 4.

#7 dejavued, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  8. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Deja is our resident bad ass who lifts more than most dudes. Her journals are always chuck full of awesome!

Welcome topside Deja.

9. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Yay! Yay! Yay!

10. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:wave: yah feels good to be a top again. lol

--------------------------------------------------

got in 5 sets of 30 bw atg squats throughout the day at work.

deadlifts tonight. worked up to a few singles at 310 lbs. then couple sets of 8 at 220.

drinking a protein shake and watching the buckeyes whoop some ass.

one more shift. it's been an insanely long week. will have workouts logged better and able to do more rest of the week since i'll be at apartment where my cage and bench and stuff are. :tucool: definitely need to remember to bring a couple 5's and 10's (plates) back with me here next week so i don't have to make 50 lb jumps on everything lol

nutrition was spectacular.

tomorrow it will be throughout the day and then i'll probably have a couple beers while i watch the late game tomorrow night. so it'll be one of those no point gained or lost kind of days.

point 5.

11. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Hope the second half is better....:scared:

12. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

And exciting stories :madpimp:
    See...what did I tell you? The girl likes to be on top!;)

Glad to see your posting again....missed ya! Will miss you being on the bottom but variety is always good right? Keeps it exciting. I'm such a "vanilla" girl that I like my routine and will continue to be on the bottom half;)

13. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member
    Platinum Member

:popcorn:

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Indeed! :lol:

15. Whoracle

Well Kev was right she deadlifts more than me :lol:

16. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

wooty woot....finally have internet at the new apartment.

got in workouts the last couple days.

mon:

shoulder mobility
    bb bp: 60 x 10; 90 x 6; 110 x 3; 120 x 3; 130 x 2; 135 x1; 120 x 4; 100 x 10, 10; 90 x 12
    bb row: 110 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    random shoulder stuff

tues:

hip mobility/glute activation stuff
    bb fsq: 60 x 8; 90 x 6; 110 x 4; 130 x 3; 150 x 2; 170 x 1; 150 x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
    bb bsq: 130 x 8, 8
    bb stepups (14" step) : 130 x 10; 120 x 18 (total steps....not per leg)

also got in a few sets of stepups at 110 today. plan to get ten sets of 16 steps by the end of the day.

finally have it where i have some kind of access to weights and good eats at both my work residence and my play residence. makes life WAY better. love being able to eat low carb and clean and get in a good lifting session first half of the day and then let loose a little and eat something nummy i've been craving and have a few drinks in the evening and wake up and do it all again. yay!

one week from tomorrow i am headed to florida for five days. we are going to the halloween horror nights at universal orlando. scurred!!! and american horror story starts again tonight and walking dead this weekend. yay for the shakes!

haven't gained any points but have kept things under wraps enough not to lose any either. life is good. :)

17. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Say hi to John Stone if you see him riding around on his bike!

18. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

All good things in this post even without gaining a point.

19. Whoracle

Have a nice trip to Florida :tucool:

20. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Enjoy your trip!!! Post some pictures for us.