1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe this will get you off the fast food

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by digitalnebula, Jan 18, 2012.

1. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

:barf:

After reading the article and watching the video I'm extra glad I stopped eating that crap almost 10 years ago.

3. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

4. sudy

sudy Active Member

Haha, I think I'd stopped eating mcds nuggets by the time they'd started using better chicken :p bleugh!

5. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The bone marrow doesn't really bother me, but the nasty chemically killing of bacteria and then the artificial flavoring and coloring just makes it way too foul.

Jaer
    resisted the urge to pun with fowl.

6. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

That looks delicious! (4th picture down). :lol:

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

everytime i read this title in the feed i giggle.

8. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

should called it: teh fast food..." ....dang

9. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Here is another one....posted by a doctor friend on FB:
    --

What does this picture tell you? My doctor has had this "processed food" on her counter ever since 2010 and 2011 respectively. I asked her why she had it out, she stated "to show people what they are putting into their bodies". This is man-made "processed food", not real food. Over time real food will decay, grow mold and produce a decomposing odor. This "processed food" has not done any of that, matter of fact it has kept it's original size, shape and texture. Your body has to work harder to breakdown and digest this stuff over real food. Since I've seen this, I have not had any fast food. #tyingtolivebetterin2012

--

2010!!!! :eek:

#9 digitalnebula, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. sudy

sudy Active Member

That's disgusting :/ I had a McDs burger a fortnight ago............ :(

..can't help but wonder whether it's still in my system :'(

11. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

I don't eat at McDonalds even though there is one right up the street. It's interesting when we go by and there is a ambulance there doing a pick up...

While I think it's great that this doctor is trying to make a point, I question the time line of the photos simply because bread does go bad whether it's overly processed or not and the oil the fries are fried will also go rancid after awhile.

It's like those big jugs of oil people by at places like Costco, Sams or BJ's. I fear anybody that cooks with such things as there it's impossible to store a vat of oil that big the way it's supposed to be kept.

As for the mystery meat that places like McDonalds uses, who knows. It's right up there with Spam IMO.

12. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

This is alarming but maybe shouldn't be as much as we think. I recall an article that detailed some of the defense of why food like this doesn't rot and I think it had to do with air moisture. Mold requires a food source and moisture to grow along with sufficient heat. If you live in an area that doesn't have terribly high humidity it may just not grow. Think about drywall in your house. It's not moldy (even the stuff that doesn't have paint on it, like below the baseboard), but if you have it in a damp basement it molds up. The rest of it in the house, though, just never molds.

What I'm saying is, how quickly does bread mold? Oh, we know it's a couple of weeks--but that's in a plastic bag. What if you just put a slice on the counter? I don't know...

Think about a box of pasta, btw. It's not sealed up from the environment and yet can be remain on a shelf for years. Ditto for sugar, but if you had some damp pasta in a container or some damp sugar in it I bet it would mold up in no time at all.