1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

May 2009 TSM: Phoenix

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, May 1, 2009.

1. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Dayum! :eek:

Nice work man!! :claplow:

2. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Awesome transformation! Great job!:tucool:

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Much appreciated.

4. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

FANTASTIC MAN!! Congrats!
    :claplow: :bow:

5. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Top effort mate!

It's bloody hard to get through depression, but to do that AND transform you body and lifestyle is massive. Very inspiring!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks friends,

Yeah it is a hard thing to press through. Something to always be mindful of and continue to work on, one day at a time. These things remind me that I am human and not to take things for granted.

Another fellow Ozzie, good to see. :tu:

7. L33

L33 Active Member

Good on ya dude, top job!!!!

'Thanks John Stone you are one of my heroes'

I completely agree, so much commitment, and he provides the best documentation on the web!!

Good job to both!! :tu:

Lee

8. cymbals

cymbals Active Member

I had seen your pics a while back too. Simply amazing, beating depression, losing all of that weight, and getting that ripped simultaniously. It shows alot of courage and heart, you are truly an inspiration. :bow::bow:

9. john_e_turner_ii

john_e_turner_ii Active Member

Amazing

I have read your posts before and I have seen your photos. You are not the same person in those other pictures, and not just from a physical perspective. You must feel more confident. I think it's great that you want to be a personal trainer. I want to do the same thing. You are really an inspiration. I wish everyone could realize that there is no magic pill or program. It just takes dedication, patience, a healthy, fulfilling diet, and about 5-6 hours per week of solid exercise to make a transformation like yours.

Be very proud of yourself.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

It certainly takes time to maintain a healthy physique. Much better to invest few hours a week on health than days and months in a hospital bed later. As we don't have a choice in sickness but we do for fitness, unless you are an exception to the rule. :nod:

11. 007

007 Active Member

Well done champ you look like a different person. :tu:

There seems to be a few of us here from SE QLD.

Maybe we're due for a boys (cheat) night out. Beer, steak and strippers mmm :madpimp:

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hey thank mate :cool:

The cheat meal sounds good but umm strippers were not on my cutting menu, and are not on my bulking menu either. :o

I am a family man and those day are long gone, also getting murdered or castrated in my sleep by the misus is not high on my priority list. :nod:
    Plus I am to cheap haha.

But the steak sounds great :drool:

13. Marclee

Marclee Active Member

some questions I would really appreciate to have been answered. Guess you might help steer in the right direction.

What about the people who found out about your cutting plans when to them there was no apparent reason for doing so. Maybe after 4 months or so. What was your response to them when they asked for your motivation? I have that come a lot and for me, especially when around people I don't know very well, and become apologetic about the fact that I hold myself to something higher, that I love the challenge and that I wouldn't settle for less. Well, that is what I should say in a way...How did you respond? Could you comfortably and confidently say 'This is just what want to do'?

I am also interested in the set of values and rules you have. The Tony-Robbins-Approach, you know ; )
    In order to become the success you are, how had your values have to change and what are they? And similiar, what rules have you put on yourself to reach you goal?

Thank you so much : ) Loved your transformation

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hi Marclee,
    Wow thanks for the questions they are pretty deep so I will do my best to answer them.
    When people asked me why I was doing what i was doing and so dedicated to getting that end result. I would simply tell them that i have been overweight my whole life and that i had, had enough. My goal was to look in the mirror and be proud of who I was and begin to like what I see.

I would never just give an answer to people that it was 'simply just what I want to do'. I would justify it to them by asking them if they knew what it was like to strongly dislike yourself for most of your life and that if you had a way to change that then why wouldn't you try. Even then many people still did not understand but that was ok with me.
    I did not really read any motivational books that made me change I prayed to God(I am a christian) had faith and set my eyes on an end goal. Me with a ripped mid section.
    The main thing I changed was to stop being so overly negative about everything and especially towards myself. I knew I had to exercise regularly, eat below a certain amount, eat on a regular basis and learn as much as I could as I went along.

I learnt to focus and not get side tracked and develop will power. I also changed the way I viewed food and instead of having to eat as much as I could every time I went out I just at enough to be content.

I hope this answers you questions.

Regards

Michael

15. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Great job!!!!:tu:

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks bro

17. poker guy

poker guy Active Member

Thanks!
    Great story and pic's! I am 58 and just starting to take back my body again! Was in great shape all my life but a heart attack slowed me down 5 years ago and I sort of pampered my body and gained a bunch of weight a little at a time until I hated looking in the mirror!
    I have lost 10 pounds in the last month with diet and exercise but stories like this one really get me going! My kids etc tell me to relax but I'm going to be in better shape than them!
    thanks
    poker guy:tucool:

18. Rise

Rise Active Member

well done man, well done.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks I am glad to hear I can help you along in your health quest. :tucool:

Thanks as well rise.

20. jaxworkinprogress

jaxworkinprogress Active Member

Bravo Zulu!

Awesome job on the physical, mental and emotional transformation Michael. Seriously, you've overcome some fairly serious obstacles and you're an inspiration to myself and others on here.

In the Navy, when someone performed an outstanding job the term we used to congratulate them was "Bravo Zulu". You've definitely earned a Bravo Zulu.