1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

MAX-OT question

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Duckfan, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Duckfan

Duckfan Well-Known Member

So I started MAX-OT a few weeks ago and everything seems to be going well. I guess I'm just not used to the short workouts. Does anyone else feel like they are getting off easy with such a short workout? I'm used to the old style of lifting for 2 hours versus 45min-1 hour. I warm up and do the standard 3 sets of 4-6 or even 8 reps and plan on moving the weight up accordingly but I mentally and physically feel like I should be doing more.

I trust the MAX-OT principle it just seems too good to be true. Perhaps mentally I just need to accept the sets and the reps and just make sure I keep my intensity up. I am tired when I am done but not drained to the point that I couldn't have done a few more sets. :db:

2. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

check your measurements in a few weeks and report back!

3. SCHTEEVIE

SCHTEEVIE Well-Known Member

yeah - I feel the same way.

I like this style of training - It is easy to stay intense, you don't feel exhausted and bored at the gym, and you get results!

It's awesome.

4. Teg4e

Teg4e Well-Known Member

Yeah, the biggest adjustment for me was the whole training each body part only once per week. I'm used to hitting a muscle group two or even three times in a week. I've compensated by focusing more of my mental energy on that part for that one intense workout. I'm really struggling to get the 4,5, or 6 reps I need for those sets.

In the 3 weeks I've been on it, it's already paid off. I've been able to add weight each week to almost every exercise. I'm adding size too, which is my main goal. I would label myself as a hard gainer since I have very thin bones, and generally have had trouble putting on muscle. But I've been following the rules of proper nutrition and the Max OT philosophy and I love it! Give it a shot!