1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

max-ot, free weight and machine comparison

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by ringholm, Feb 4, 2004.

1. ringholm

ringholm Well-Known Member

(removed)

#1 ringholm, Feb 4, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. SCHTEEVIE

SCHTEEVIE Well-Known Member

I am not very experienced, but all my research points to the following:

full body workouts 3 times/week = you are probably overtraining. :confused:
    (although one set per muscle group really isn't very much)

this will not only preclude good results; it could actually cause joint or tendon injuries, and that is something that will really haunt you for a long time.

I think you can probably get a good workout with the machines (not as good as with free weights) but you should restructure your work-out to seperate muscle groups to work them hard with more sets, once per week; this will increase intensity and reduce frequency to allow for more recovery time. :tucool:

#2 SCHTEEVIE, Feb 4, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I agree 100% with what SCHTEEVIE said. I've never been a big fan of Nautilus machines and "full body" workouts.

4. makstaks

makstaks Well-Known Member

Max-ot all the way. I am on my 11th week right now doing a 5 day a week program that works perfectly for me. I was going to the gym in spurts for 1 1/2 years with no significant results. 2 weeks on max-ot doing it exactly as they specify made a world of difference to me. John's site has everything you need to get started. You have to clean up what you eat, regulate and track what you eat, and do max-ot.
    I got max-ot down, have made my own max-ot program since week 10, and my biggest results are actually happening now.
    But I still have work to do on my diet. I started tracking my diet on jan 1st and have lost weight too fast. 10lbs...about 5% fat, i need to add calories. Im still learning about nutrition and this month made some major improvements. Anyway, my site is here if you want to check it out. www.pfg-marco.com. Oh yeah, i was on max-ot for 6 weeks before i tracked my diet. Looked better but my bodyfat% did not change until i tracked my diet. Gotta do em both or just like max-ot says, you are wasting your time.