1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Massaging muscles?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by teencraft, Feb 4, 2004.

1. teencraft

teencraft Well-Known Member

I heard massaging muscles really helps them (circulation?). Is there any truth to this?

2. HunkOLove

HunkOLove Well-Known Member

Hmmm

Don't know about that but in my house it can lead to having more kids.

:tu:

3. Adam_S

Adam_S Well-Known Member

dunno but here's a fantastic book

I would assume it helps a great deal, I've been teaching myself massage since August using only a book recommended to me by my uncle (who is a few hours short of a Missouri professional certification).

The Massage Book

This is the classic massage book, no wasted pages or effort at fancy crap, but everything you need to know to give a decent massage. The illustrations by Anne Kent Rush are a fantastic aid, and the directions are almost always clear or can be figured out simply by rereading and trying something out til it feels right. :p

I know you weren't looking for a book on massage, but learning massage together can be a great activity with either a friend (because massage is very intimate but not sexual) or even a partner. I was a little disapointed my ex girlfriend wasn't as excited about massage as I was, so I had to beg her to give her a massage, but most people find it wonderful. (and damn if it doesn't feel really good after a weeks worth of MAX OT).

4. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Yeah massaging the muscles can help with recovery. To put it simply, it draws more blood to the area, and hence more oxgyen which then speeds up recovery.

Elite atheletes utilise massage quite a bit. A friend of mine is a masseur for an AFL football club in melb (AFL is a big pro sport is aus) and its a full time job for her treating the players.

Marcus